The Netflix Thread

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked the movie but this example has weakness, they also have her out fight a bunch of Ivan's, yeah she gets her ass kicked in the process, but the fights were not that plausible.
It's movies. Fights involving the Rock and Arnold are just as implausible if not more so. My point stands Atomic Blonde has a solid female protagonist. I'm nearly all the fights she uses a weapon of some kind (hose, key, stick etc) for an advantage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
You have to be a certified window licker to sit around watching these videos.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Sisyphus: The Myth. A fun Korean time traveling adventure. First episode is tough to follow, but it keeps getting better and worth a watch.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
L O L I hope no one had any hope of this being anything than absolute shit tier sjw garbage;

1627078656203.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
What is it with that stupid ass fucking haircut being fucking everywhere these days? God it looks so fucking ugly and I’m so sick of seeing it.

• 6Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
What is it with that stupid ass fucking haircut being fucking everywhere these days? God it looks so fucking ugly and I’m so sick of seeing it.
It's like yoga pants. A few women looked really good with it, so everyone decided they would look good with it, reality be damned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Isn't it crazy they always talk about people unable to handle change...but they always want to use properties we like and someone else developed? " I want to show my creativity and our progress in film...but I've got to rehash and remodel 80s tiy-based cartoons to show creativity. Pathetic.

In reality, they want to destroy the things we like and all of the good things we grew up with. They want to cry victim when we rightfully expose their lack of creativity and talent. Kevin Smith is a simp faggot. Go home to your comic shop.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Isn't it crazy they always talk about people unable to handle change...but they always want to use properties we like and someone else developed? " I want to show my creativity and our progress in film...but I've got to rehash and remodel 80s tiy-based cartoons to show creativity. Pathetic.

In reality, they want to destroy the things we like and all of the good things we grew up with. They want to cry victim when we rightfully expose their lack of creativity and talent. Kevin Smith is a simp faggot. Go home to your comic shop.
i dont even understand why he inserted himself in all this, he's been on record for years as saying he wasnt much of a He-Man fan. thats fine, but then after they signed him on he says he was the biggest He-man fan ever and that this show is going to be the most off the hook metal He-Man series. then when the script leaked he swore up and down that it wasnt true and that everyone is lying. he put himself right in the middle of this. all he had to do is be like SIlent Bob and collect his paycheck for shillwork. now he looks like a colossal faggot and is getting blasted all over the net along with this show which on its own isnt badly made, but Smith sold it as something completely different. it makes no sense why they would set this show up to fail. its the same as the retard director of the last terminator film casting manly women and doing interviews saying this film would scare toxic manbabies and putting down fans before the movie even came out. then it fails and he acts like he doesnt understand why. the latest charlies angels, birds of prey, ghostbusters 2016 the list keeps going. people are so stupid and horribly incompetent.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
They have forgotten why 'Member Berries' work so well. It is the nostalgia that the now-adults want to try and share something from their childhood with a younger generation. When you shit on the 'man-babies' WHO ARE YOUR CORE FUCKING AUDIENCE, of course things are going to end up in the shitter.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
And do not get me wrong, He-Man, like most of the series that aired aimed at children from the era, was just a vehicle to sell toys. It was not some epic, highbrow material. But they cannot even make it a proper vehicle to sell toys anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
its not that complicated really, take one middle age man or wyman who feels out of touch, mix in a few 20-somethings "creatives" who have lived their entire live sheltered on twitter thinking that saying shit you say on twitter is the way you talk out loud, mix them together and you end up with a monstrosity where scripts are written like reddit threads and casting is done based purely on "how would this look as a instagram banner".

For now Netflix, HBO, amazon, etc have a mix of "this is what people want" and "this is shit nobody is wanting" and the former props the latter. Remember as well the simple fact that white women control a huge chunk of streaming consumption and they have extremely specific tastes (hot men thirsting after simpleton white women, lots of murder, random cooking and decorating and house/shoes/clothing glam) and bam you have the current entertainment industry.

No more Rome, Black Sails, The Wire, Mad Men, BSG, TNG, etc or what I'd consider the golden age of TV. Its all Bridgerton, Greys Anatomy, Crown, Queens Gambit, etc. You have to take the Mandalorians, Cobra Kais, Ted Lasso's, etc as scraps and in a few years I'd expect "strong men" shows to completely vanish.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought She-Ra did that demographic well enough. It promoted ideals without being too preachy about it despite it being there plain as day.

By comparison, She-Masters of the Universe was offensively boring and forcibly gender bent. Following shows like Castlevania and Primal, I was looking for a badass update to the series that had shades of that respect, instead it was only that. This show is equivalent to the worst aspects of Captain Marvel.

• 2Like