The Netflix Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nope nopenope. This is woke bait and switch. This is about teela not heman.
i think its going to be a weasel way about He-man. because its up to Teela to "help" he-man out . this way a hack like Kevin Smith will still be able to say, see clownfish tv was wrong, this is all about He-Man. Teela is just on his team. meanwhile its mostly pussy shit where HM gets cucked by Skeletor and then as Adam by Teela.

Stover678

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I first heard of Masters of the Universe: Revelations, it was touted as a revival of the 80s cartoon series. Lately, certain media outlets are now calling it a "reboot," likely to avoid all the internet hate when He-Man is sidelined for an assertive Teela and we learn that Prince Adam's grandfather was black and the OG king. I guess I'm finally at the age where I wonder that if white masculinity is so "toxic" why does every "woke" character emulate those characteristics.

Whatever...the 80s cartoon was a vehicle to sell toys, and it succeeded. If memory serves, there was virtually no continuity save for a few two-part episodes, so Netflix will do wtf they want.

It was a nice Teaser Trailer though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

jason momoa on the run with his daughter killing mercs while Guns and Roses plays? I'M IN

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched Gunpowder Milkshake. I know 99% of this forum will hate this movie because its a female lead. But I loved it. They went all in on the John Wick meets Kill Bill vibe. And fully embraced the campyness of it. Definitely ripped off Drive though with the jacket.

• 2Dislike
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

female lead?! icky. what is she going to do, just bleed all over the bad guys with her vagina?!

yeah, sure. thats the reason people might not be interested in a sexist premise, from a propaganda driven company.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just watched Gunpowder Milkshake. I know 99% of this forum will hate this movie because its a female lead. But I loved it. They went all in on the John Wick meets Kill Bill vibe. And fully embraced the campyness of it. Definitely ripped off Drive though with the jacket.

/looks at complete runs of 6 Resident Evil movies, 5 Underworld movies, 4 Scream movies, and 4 Alien movies

God damn strong women kicking ass as leads need to stay the fuck out of movies, so tired of them. Fuck!

Moron.

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Keys to making a good female protagonist in a action movie;

1) Dont bring up sexism or any sjw bullshit or have her bitch how unfair life because shes a woman
2) Dont have her do unrealistic things a woman cant do all while upstaging experienced male counterparts

Paradigm of this is Ripley. She doesnt bitch about being a woman and how the situation is worse because shes a woman and shes not a superhuman compared to the Marines. Sure she ends up being more level headed but thats due to her experience in the first movie something which we saw.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Keys to making a good female protagonist in a action movie;

1) Dont bring up sexism or any sjw bullshit or have her bitch how unfair life because shes a woman
2) Dont have her do unrealistic things a woman cant do all while upstaging experienced male counterparts

Paradigm of this is Ripley. She doesnt bitch about being a woman and how the situation is worse because shes a woman and shes not a superhuman compared to the Marines. Sure she ends up being more level headed but thats due to her experience in the first movie something which we saw.
Atomic Blonde. She uses being a woman to her advantage when it helps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Atomic Blonde. She uses being a woman to her advantage when it helps.
I liked the movie but this example has weakness, they also have her out fight a bunch of Ivan's, yeah she gets her ass kicked in the process, but the fights were not that plausible.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sarah Connor T2 - Perfect female protagonist

41rn19vq3TL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users