The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Stave

Potato del Grande
I had forgotten about those magical replacement ref games. What a hilarious shitshow that was.
Haha a fail mary pt 2 win would be music to my ears.

And as a sidenoteFail Mary ref is battling depression, has contemplated suicide

In an interview with Yahoo Sports, the 55-year-old said that his life has taken a turn for the worse since the call and that he's now battling depression.

"Right now I'm just trying to keep my life together," Easley said. "It's really difficult."

Easley says he's been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and that he also regularly suffers panic attacks.

"It's almost like a funeral," Easley said. "In the days around it you have a lot of support and you make it through. But as time goes by, you still have to process [the loss of a loved one]."

Things have been so bad for Easley, that at one point, he even considered taking his own life.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
All these posters who come out of the woodwork during the playoffs in this thread really don't get our humor. So much is lost on them.
To be fair, I have read every post on this year's football thread except for a few pages of people feeding Azeth's retardation and I still feel like I'm not in on the joke half the time in here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
he wrote a book about it? Was it like half a page long?
I was born a poor black child. Then one day I was officiating an NFL football game and I thought the guy in blue caught the ball but it turned out it was the guy in yellow. I never admitted that I was wrong and people were hella mad. The End

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Well.. Talent wise... Maybe only Aaron Rodgers or Matthew Stafford have better arms than Jay Cutler. He has an absolute rocket for an arm. He runs about the same speed as Aaron Rodgers (granted, without the quickness). He is 31 and has never had a major injury. Cutlers weaknesses are from the neck up. And even then, he is plenty smart enough to run an offense.

If Cutler had stable and strong coaching early on, he would be a premier, top 5 QB.

I'd still take Cutler over Romo with the right coaching.. Cowboys go back to mediocre without Murray.

moontayle

Golden Squire
There's no correlation between Murray having a good game and Dallas winning. He certainly helps but I think Dallas is morphing or has morphed into one of those lines like Denver used to have. Get a decent 'back who can make one cut and run north-south and all of a sudden you have guys you've never heard of breaking 1k+. Success rests more in Romo's hands than with any other player.

Don't get me wrong, getting Murray back would be awesome as a fan, but the reality is that someone is going to pay him and it most likely will not be Dallas. There's initial speculation that they're going to eat Romo's $27m cap hit this year, which is probably the smarter long term move. Couple that with Dez' impending payday and Murray is just the odd man out. Which sucks but them's the breaks.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cowboys should just draft a RB in the second round. The RB class looks pretty heavy this year and they could probably grab a high quality guy at that point.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
12-4.. yeah much further than you thought they would. Apparently those 4 losses made you feel like we should have not made it to playoffs? Didn't earn that 2nd seed spot? And more like thank you Cobb and Adams for clutching games and especially Lacy and Rodgers who we wouldn't be where we are today without.

And you say we're gonna get raped huh? When Green Bay wins, can you legally stop posting in here as well? Because I'm pretty sure you're a bandwagoner, a closet Seattle fan, and have a vagina. Possibly all 3.

R-E-L-A-XLIX bitches.
I have a Lynn Dickey jersey, so kindly go fuck yourself. I doubt you even grasp the relevance of that.

Realistically, with the defense retooling and the state the line was in during the pregame, the only given was us taking the North. If you dig in the main thread, you will find my prediction had them at 11-5 and losing in the divisional round. That's what a realistic fan does when assessing their team, as opposed to a jizz gargling unrealistic homer.