The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ravens are the closest teams in the AFC imo, not the colts. Colts have the best QB but Ravens have a good QB (is Joe Flacco elite tho?) and good coaching. A slightly better secondary and it's the Ravens exposing the colts in the AFCCG and heading to the superbowl. And they are the one other team in the AFC that I think actually has a decent QB and the mental resilience you need to play 60 minutes against Seattle.

I don't really think the Colts are any closer to winning a superbowl than like the Bills are. The only difference is a great QB and horrific D will carry you to 10+ wins in the regular season before you get blown out in the playoffs but a great D and horrific QB will only get you to about 500 and maybe a prayer at the playoffs every 3rd year or so.

I don't really think the Colts are any closer to winning a superbowl than like the Bills are.
well, let's not go crazy here. i do agree the Ravens look like the second best team. I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't be contending next year as well.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
apparently julian is sowing...another picture of an evening out with julian has appeared- different girl.. personally i'd lose the beard since it does nothing for his appearance but...

single, rich, famous... he's gonna be getting lots of action in the offseason....

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
well, let's not go crazy here. i do agree the Ravens look like the second best team. I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't be contending next year as well.
I don't think its crazy, the Bills are a few good offensive players and a good QB away from being a real contender. The Colts are a good defense and a reliable (note: not great but atleast reliable and tough) receiver or two and a functional RB and a good coach away from contending. I actually think in terms of numbers of players away the colts are farther than the bills but since it is so much harder to find a good QB i put them about equal distance away. I suppose you could say the colts are closer because Luck might go supersaiyan one year like Rodgers did and win it all, but I think that is really unlikely.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People forget the Steelers lost Le'veon Bell in Week 17. They also kind of played a shitty playoff game against Baltimore. Up until then I thought they might actually make some noise and get to New England for AFC title game with an outside shot at going to the SB. With Bell I think that Baltimore game is either very close or the Steelers put together a game plan on offense that Ravens just wouldn't have been able to stop.

I wonder what would happen in a Baltimore/Colts game though. Baltimore played a lot better in the playoffs than it looked for most of the regular season.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
People forget the Steelers lost Le'veon Bell in Week 17. They also kind of played a shitty playoff game against Baltimore. Up until then I thought they might actually make some noise and get to New England for AFC title game with an outside shot at going to the SB. With Bell I think that Baltimore game is either very close or the Steelers put together a game plan on offense that Ravens just wouldn't have been able to stop.

I wonder what would happen in a Baltimore/Colts game though. Baltimore played a lot better in the playoffs than it looked for most of the regular season.
The Steelers with bell in 2014 were a outside shot contender. In 2015 they may be again but we will have to see because that defense continues to age and how they do in 2015 will hinge hugely on how they do on the FA market and draft I think. The steelers playoff run, had they gone on one would have had to have been winning shoot outs every game as an old tired D let people score. It's not impossible to win that way as the saints and GB showed a few years ago, its just really hard and unlikely.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good QBs are in short supply and new ones are long to develop. Its hard to keep the rest of the pieces in place while working up a new guy. That said, I think that Miami might be a stronger contender against NE, but the Bills will play their asses off for Ryan.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Steelers with bell in 2014 were a outside shot contender. In 2015 they may be again but we will have to see because that defense continues to age and how they do in 2015 will hinge hugely on how they do on the FA market and draft I think. The steelers playoff run, had they gone on one would have had to have been winning shoot outs every game as an old tired D let people score. It's not impossible to win that way as the saints and GB showed a few years ago, its just really hard and unlikely.
I wasn't pushing them as THE team in the AFC, just that claiming the Ravens were definitely ahead of anyone else aside from the Pats in the AFC was a little premature. Everyone saw what Manning was doing to the league early in the year. The quad injury seems completely viable given how his numbers fell off a cliff. I'm not pushing any of the rest of them as being able to beat the Pats in New England or Seattle in the SB but other teams are in the mix than just New England or Baltimore.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
3633118-7675310423-hoors.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
apparently julian is sowing...another picture of an evening out with julian has appeared- different girl.. personally i'd lose the beard since it does nothing for his appearance but...

single, rich, famous... he's gonna be getting lots of action in the offseason....
Nice, got a good picture of the whoor? That last one we could only see her eye.

For anyone who does tinder, does it raise a girl's value in your eyes to know she fucked an NFL player? I'm thinking it would since they obviously have their pick of any woman anywhere they go. That means she must be nice and slutty.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Apparently if you are throwing a party anywhere in Boston, JE11 will show up to fuck all the women and drink all your beer.

and you'll thank him.

rrr_img_89787.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nice, got a good picture of the whoor? That last one we could only see her eye.

For anyone who does tinder, does it raise a girl's value in your eyes to know she fucked an NFL player? I'm thinking it would since they obviously have their pick of any woman anywhere they go. That means she must be nice and slutty.
The story link about the bar ban has a nice full pic of her. She's pretty hot. I'd Eiffel Tower her with Edelman any day.