The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
out of curiousity i youtubed fan reactions, there is one family party - got well over a million views- of seahawk fans.,.. they are all gathered together, screaming beast mode at the tv...interception, and it was...glorious.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Ravens are the closest teams in the AFC imo, not the colts.
Again, we aren't talking about the best team, we're talking about the best situation.

It's entirely possible that the "objectively" best AFC teams over the next few years are Patriots, then Steelers/Ravens in some order, even the Bengals, andthenthe Colts, but the AFC title game remains Patriots/Colts because those AFC North teams beat each other up and ruin their playoff seeding during the regular seasons.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Again, we aren't talking about the best team, we're talking about the best situation.

It's entirely possible that the "objectively" best AFC teams over the next few years are Patriots, then Steelers/Ravens in some order, even the Bengals, andthenthe Colts, but the AFC title game remains Patriots/Colts because those AFC North teams beat each other up and ruin their playoff seeding during the regular seasons.
Well that's mostly the case, but also its the way those central teams play and their roster situations. Steelers are aging out and forced to rely on offense to win in a division dominated by defense. The Bengals (and somewhat Stealers and Browns) are building their teams to win the division, not the playoffs. The AFCN lack the advantage of a soft division like the Pats and Colts (per Wombats point), but more than this, their fan bases can be fed simply with success within the division, so that's where they have built towards. Ravens? Every other team in the division treats Ravens games like their own superbowl and they are victims of their own drama from year to year. John and Jim are not that different when it comes to running a circus. I think the Ravens are the best equipped to beat the Pats in their own house, but they usually (2 years ago not withstanding) run out of gas when it hits that point in the season.

Colts will never get past the Pats with their present coach and philosophy, Chuck P might be the nicest guy ever, but that does not get you past Coach Vader when it counts.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Come on guys, if there's anything to be learned from all this it's that all pro athletes are willing to cheat a little to get an edge. You punish them if they get caught and move on. Putting an asterisk in the record book is retarded because everyone else was likely doing the same thing at the time and if they weren't it was because they didn't think of it. It's sort of like how you can assume that all politicians at a national level are corrupt, because the system rewards that and if they weren't they never would have reached that level.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
game-of-thrones-eddard-stark-2.jpg