The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Also like Uber said, the problem is really with the no-call on Dez.

You wanna pick which is more egregious? A bad PI call that was announced and picked up... or an actual unsportsmanlike act on the field which was ignored.

While I'm playing with house money on you retards let's talk about the no holding call on Romos game winning TD

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats not how it works. You know how often a ref looks up at the jumbo and sees his call was wrong?

You know how often that changes the call?

Never, yesterday was the first time i've ever heard of an ANNOUNCED penalty get picked up.
I'm sure all of our teams will get their calls reversed after being imposed from here on out, right? Shit even pretty boy Brady doesn't get that treatment, they just give his opponent flags whenever he whines or don't flag his team for shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
no, thats wrong. in fact here's a ridiculously simple analogy:

I told the IRS through turbotax I made $15,000 less than I technically did to receive a bigger refund check. I received the check and havent been audited in 10 years.

Was that the RIGHT CALL Ambiturner?

Cmon man, get the fuck out of here with that shit
Going for it on 4th and 1 = tax fraud.

That's a spot on analogy of I've ever seen one

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thats not how it works. You know how often a ref looks up at the jumbo and sees his call was wrong?

You know how often that changes the call?

Never, yesterday was the first time i've ever heard of an ANNOUNCED penalty get picked up.
I think I saw yesterday that the Lions coach said that they had a penalty announced and picked up like that earlier in the season. So it can happen. It is just really rare. It also doesn't help that the NFL mixes the ref crews together for the playoffs instead of keeping them the same as during the regular season. Mistakes are more likely to occur when they are not used to working together.

Also like Uber said, the problem is really with the no-call on Dez.

You wanna pick which is more egregious? A bad PI call that was announced and picked up... or an actual unsportsmanlike act on the field which was ignored.

While I'm playing with house money on you retards let's talk about the no holding call on Romos game winning TD
Refs will generally allow players and coaches on the field with only a warning if they don't get back off the field in a short amount of time. Just like how you sometimes see coaches and players on the big white line on the side of the field during the games when it should be a flag if anyone is over/on it.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm trying to figure out why Azeth is so emotionally involved in this conversation. Closet Lion/Cowboy fan?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Why does Dallas constantly have to fuck our NFL threads up sideways? Azeth's capacity to single handedly shit on the thread with Patriots nonsense is impressive but it pales in comparison to the clusterfuck of Cowboy swarms. Of course Azethisthe one responding right now but holy fucking shit this thread.
Apologies. I had intended to stay out of the conversation but couldn't escape the black hole (why's it gotta be black?) that is Azeth and Kirun giving their opinions.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All season we had the usual Burnem, Ambi, Foggy, Column, and Moon Dallas talk with a small side of Springbok. Once it looked like they were legitimately good we suddenly got their new superfan who dragged down the entire fanbase, kaines. Now that they've actually won a playoff game we have every one of them doubling down on posting plus Hoss the professional D lineman all up ons this shit with his mad relevant personal NFL playing experience.

Glorious.

I'm trying to figure out why Azeth is so emotionally involved in this conversation. Closet Lion/Cowboy fan?
Only due to the lack of logic and perspective. I dont care about either team, I'd prefer the Lions made the Superbowl over the Cowboys i guess. That is, if the Patriots made it that far as well. I'd prefer they play the Lions.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
All season we had the usual Burnem, Ambi, Foggy, Column, and Moon Dallas talk with a small side of Springbok. Once it looked like they were legitimately good we suddenly got their new superfan who dragged down the entire fanbase, kaines. Now that they've actually won a playoff game we have every one of them doubling down on posting plus Hoss the professional D lineman all up ons this shit with his mad relevant personal NFL playing experience.

Glorious.
Fuck you. You can find me on page 2 of the Regular Season thread. You illiterate whore.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Glorious.
Blaming the wrong person, it's Azeth. I know you announced your opinion already but I and other Dallas fans will accept your fixing of this after announcing it, the rest of the people on the board might get butt hurt though.

Also, THIS is why i hate that call. It's all there is to talk about now. No, not Romos game winning TD. Not the Ravens maybe upsetting the Patriots, not any of that relevant shit.

It's a flag that was picked up. What a GREAT THING FOR THE NFL

Oh and there's Blandino stepping off a luxury bus with coke in his nose and a stripper-drained cock. You know, normal shit.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Only due to the lack of logic and perspective. I dont care about either team, I'd prefer the Lions made the Superbowl over the Cowboys i guess. That is, if the Patriots made it that far as well. I'd prefer they play the Lions.
Fair enough. I'd rather the Lions had won, too, and they had a chance. But they started to play conservative with the lead, then couldn't stop Dallas' momentum. Classic mistake.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Fair enough. I'd rather the Lions had won, too, and they had a chance. But they started to play conservative with the lead, then couldn't stop Dallas' momentum. Classic mistake.
The only stop they had in the entire second half of the game was a FG miss. Missed FG, TD, FG, TD, Kneel down victory formation.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last one is especially hilarious. You keep espousing that "no calls are just part of the game! Deal with it!". But, when that shoe is on the other foot, you guys can't help but turn into the same whiny pussies you claim to hate.
Holy fuck you are one stupid twat. My post (i.e., "the last one") was sarcasm.