The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

One thing for certain is that BB absolutely guaranteed knew about this tape before he gave that presser. There is absolutely no chance he didn't.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
How exactly do you "zero in" on a locker room attendant? Are they hard to find? Does he have a team of lawyers? Has he fled to Russia under Putins protection?

Wouldnt it be like "Hey, call Dougie Spoons in here so we can ask him a few questions"

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
quite the scandal. man brings balls from refs locker room to patriots sideline
What are you guys worried about, worse case is they blame it on the 10 dollar an hour 18 yr old, which is how most thought this was going down anyway.

love headlines like this

rrr_img_88901.png

.... no kidding. magic doesnt transport them from there to the field.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
quite the scandal. man brings balls from refs locker room to patriots sideline
love headlines like this

rrr_img_88901.png

.... no kidding. magic doesnt transport them from there to the field.
Are you still trying to pretend like your complete lack of reading comprehension is proof of innocence?

"to another area on the way to the field" as in they didn't go from the officials locker room straight to the field, jfc you are stupid.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and? Is that unusual? Do you usually stick the balls out in the rain before the game starts?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What does the condition of New England's supposedly underinflated balls have to do with Luck's statistics in this game?
Nothing. Why would you even ask such a stupid question? Are you not capable of carrying on simultaneous conversations in the same thread? I am. Get on my level.

Well.. this would be the first thing in regards to this incident that Jay Glazer has gotten right. He is like 0-4 now.

Yesterday he was pushing that it was a sting operation
Before that Glazer was saying it was the Ravens tipping off the Colts.

Lets just see before anymore of these shitty quasi journalists try too hard to scoop something.
Were those other things disproven yet?

SNL is awful, but that's pretty funny
I thought it was too. But I was disappointed they didn't make more fun of Brady talking about how he likes his balls to feel. Maybe they thought it was too obvious. Or maybe they just needed another week to write that skit.

This is pretty much dead on, sadly. Real football fans generally enjoy the conference championships more than the Super Bowl. It's the ones who watch very casually (bandwagon fans especially) that love the Super Bowl.

That said, this year is particularly bad with the deflation bullshit. Generally I feel like people would at least somewhat talk football, but not this year.
Normally, we're talking more about the commercials by now, aren't we? I usually only care about the SB because that's when people crank up the $100 superbowl pots.

In unrelated news, I heard boston area schools will be closed tomorrow. So I guess we can expect bored pats fans to be more active than usual. YAY, lets hope they don't lose internet.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hoping the storm decides to linger just outside of the Boston area, then hit Saturday morning knocking all power out till Monday. One can dream ....

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
This story is starting to remind me of Obama's birth certificate.

This from USA Today.

Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

A person with intimate knowledge of the process told USA TODAY Sports the ball attendant is a uniformed official - generally the same person each week at a given stadium - who comes to the locker room to pick up the balls and takes them to the officials' locker room for testing. The ball attendant delivers the balls to the ball boys - usually four provided by the home team and two traveling with the visiting team - who make sure their quarterback's preferred balls get into the game, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.
So the ball attendant is a uniformed NFL official.

As far as I can tell in regards to chain of custody.

Footballs opened by team and rubbed, test by QB
V
Footballs given to League Ball Attendant
V
Refs check balls and inflate/deflate if needed
V
Refs give balls back to Ball Attendant who delivers them to Patriot Ball Boys 10 mins before start of game on sideline
V
Ball Boys make sure balls get into game.
V
Balls return to locker Room with officials at Halftime

last bit from that article.

At halftime, the balls return to the officials' locker room, the person said. So, if proper protocol is followed, the only opportunity to manipulate the balls is minutes before kickoff or during the game on the sideline, where there's a risk of anyone in the stadium and dozens of TV cameras seeing it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
keep telling yourself OTHER people are stupid

countdown til your departure... 6 days
Says the guy that refutes the most recent story by saying the ball didn't get to the field by magic completely ignoring the fact (because your reading comprehension absolutely fucking sucks) that the person took them to another room before he then took them to the field. Its going to be funny watching the Seahawks defense dismantle the Patriots who won't be able to doctor the balls for the SB.