The New Mutants (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
it's just predictable. I'm not spoiling this because anyone with half a brain could've guessed it all from the trailer.

Predictably, the big bad is just the main character's inner demon.
Predictably, lesbian love scene thrown in
Predictably, the hospital is not on the good guys' side, it's training them to be bad guys.
literally every scene, every line of dialogue, every plot arc was just paint by numbers.

That said, i've seen worse movies. it's better than most of the DC movies and better than the worst of the X-men movies. It's better than anything the CW puts out, and better than quite a few netflix original movies. I give it a solid 3.6 out of 10.

cover-photo-2.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did they got a body double from some prepubescent boy or does Maisse Williams really just look like a dude in all aspects? Thats the back of a guy.

maisseboyback.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did they got a body double from some prepubescent boy or does Maisse Williams really just look like a dude in all aspects? Thats the back of a guy.

View attachment 316848
It's "child actor grows up to look like shit", unfortunately she got some fame from the role and is in this movie now.

Reminds me of the girl they got to play Ginny in Harry Potter who looked cute in movie 1 and had an epic jawline in movie 8.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I didn't hate it, went in with really low expectations I think it exceeded them.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I already was ready for it based on the drinker reviews. Ended up watching at work while we were "training" just killing red tape time. Fucking awful on so many levels. Poor writing/weak/predictable paired with some really large silly plot holes of convenience.

Sterling

El Presidente
How can marvel movies be so good but x-men
Movies are such trash?
In general not having an overarching connection between the movies hurts them on the macro level. On the individual movie level they mostly took themselves too seriously and didn't really embrace being silly comic book movies the way the MCU did. I don't just mean the jokes and stuff, just the whole atmosphere of the movies. Also, on the whole the casting wasn't nearly as good as it was for the MCU.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think the big difference is Marvel movies are about the men behind the masks.

Iron Man is about Tony Stark, Captain America is about Steve Rogers etc rather than about their costume identity. Iron Man or Captain America are just there to help resolve the issues that their secret has.

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I think the big difference is Marvel movies are about the men behind the masks.

Iron Man is about Tony Stark, Captain America is about Steve Rogers etc rather than about their costume identity. Iron Man or Captain America are just there to help resolve the issues that their secret has.
Can you imagine if they did a movie where Iron Man and Captain America had their secret identities leaked online?

I'm just kidding, I get your point but when you called those two's identities "secret" I kinda had to laugh.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This movie is 100% garbage. It's like I could literally see 3 movies crashing together to come together and create this ultimate masterpiece of shit. I really, honestly, could see 2-3 good movies here, they were all just fighting for the same screen time. I kept bitching the whole way through, "who the fuck edited this movie?" When the credits rolled and I saw three names it was an ahah moment.

If you watch this, just skip the first 45 maybe as far as 65 minutes. None of the intro and lab scenes matter. Nothing really matters overall, actually. Is it an intro to characters movie? A torture and asylum movie? An action or come to Jesus film? What even is this fucking mess. Oh, let's just fuck fist a lesbian story into it to meet our diversity and inclusion quota, as if it's not stupidly obvious or obscure and completely out of place or having any tact.

Still, I could see where and what a brilliant film this could have been. They just had too many people trying to cook the sauce.

Maisie Williams is absolutely done as an actress.

I wanna put it in Anya Taylor's butt.

1/5 stars. 0.5 stars.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This movie is 100% garbage. It's like I could literally see 3 movies crashing together to come together and create this ultimate masterpiece of shit. I really, honestly, could see 2-3 good movies here, they were all just fighting for the same screen time. I kept bitching the whole way through, "who the fuck edited this movie?" When the credits rolled and I saw three names it was an ahah moment.

If you watch this, just skip the first 45 maybe as far as 65 minutes. None of the intro and lab scenes matter. Nothing really matters overall, actually. Is it an intro to characters movie? A torture and asylum movie? An action or come to Jesus film? What even is this fucking mess. Oh, let's just fuck fist a lesbian story into it to meet our diversity and inclusion quota, as if it's not stupidly obvious or obscure and completely out of place or having any tact.

Still, I could see where and what a brilliant film this could have been. They just had too many people trying to cook the sauce.

1/5 stars. 0.5 stars.
Yeah, this movie has few if any redeeming qualities

Better than Origins, but roughly on par with Apocalypse but way more slow and boring? Quite the endorsement!

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
At least Apocalypse had a cohesive story, beginning, middle, and end. Just told very poorly. Origins is even better than this mixed bag of what the fuck. At least that movie gave us Deadpool (and shit on the character, but was redeemed later).

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

1/5 stars. 0.5 stars.

Totally agree. And Maisie is just awful. Absolutely awful. In three years she'll be selling tupperware.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Surprised no one mentioned the tie-in scenes to Logan in this.

Also main native american chick looks like she had some nice tits they were trying to hide.

Awful movie overall.

• 1Garbage

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Surprised no one mentioned the tie-in scenes to Logan in this.

Also main native american chick looks like she had some nice tits they were trying to hide.

Awful movie overall.
I was too grossed out by how horrible it was to make any connections to that masterpiece.

And.... yuuuup. Blu Hunt. Probably because she's supposed to be a young teenager.

35-Hot-Pictures-Of-Blu-Hunt-Which-Are-Sure-to-Catch-Your-Attention.jpg

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This is on HBO max now. Just watched it. It might be the lack of new movies due to covid but it wasnt great but wasnt terrible. It is worth a watch.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is on HBO max now. Just watched it. It might be the lack of new movies due to covid but it wasnt great but wasnt terrible. It is worth a watch.
This is how I felt. Given the comments here i expected an epic shit pile. While it wasn't good it wasn't terrible either. Worth one watch. Should have leaned more into the horror elements. I liked that take on it.

I liked it a lot more than Apocalypse but that's not saying much.

• 1Like