The New Mutants (2019)

Goatface

wonder if it got re-edited.
1595354149081.png

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I think the main positives it has going for it is nobody has any expectations for it and it's (seemingly) completely detached from any sort of established movie canon or storylines. Special effects look good and the horror aspect could be interesting. Not going to get my hopes up but when you go in expecting nothing....

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
wonder if it got re-edited.
View attachment 287054

I don't think it has been during these 2020 pushbacks, but it was for Disney. The rumor was they were just gonna dumpster it due to the amount of edits Fox had him due to tie it into the XMen Franchise that didn't exist in his original edit for them and won't matter for Disney and turned the movie into dogshit.

But he asked Disney to let him give them an edit he wanted with no tie-ins or whatever, just a movie about the mutants in it, and they liked it enough to put it on the schedule. That doesn't mean a whole lot since they inherited the debt and a completed movie, but since they were willing to throw it in the garbage, I imagine it will be better than X-Men: Apocalypse.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Interesting choice of date. While I'll definitely watch this movie, I'm watching all the episodes of The Boys that they release on the 4th first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't think it has been during these 2020 pushbacks, but it was for Disney. The rumor was they were just gonna dumpster it due to the amount of edits Fox had him due to tie it into the XMen Franchise that didn't exist in his original edit for them and won't matter for Disney and turned the movie into dogshit.

But he asked Disney to let him give them an edit he wanted with no tie-ins or whatever, just a movie about the mutants in it, and they liked it enough to put it on the schedule. That doesn't mean a whole lot since they inherited the debt and a completed movie, but since they were willing to throw it in the garbage, I imagine it will be better than X-Men: Apocalypse.

Yep, this is the Director's Cut of the movie. Fox was going to make him do reshoots and stuff for some changes to the film. When the Fox/Disney deal started closing, those changes got shelved. So the cut they have is his original one.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also... I don't know if I want this movie to be good or not. I mean, I love the New Mutants, so seeing this be good and then not moving forward in any way is gonna suck.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Also... I don't know if I want this movie to be good or not. I mean, I love the New Mutants, so seeing this be good and then not moving forward in any way is gonna suck.
If it's popular there is always potential for more. It would be a perfect series for Disney+.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's popular there is always potential for more. It would be a perfect series for Disney+.

Yeah except these "teens" will be like 6-7 years older before that comes around lol.

• 2Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah except these "teens" will be like 6-7 years older before that comes around lol.
It will likely be recast if its a series anyway. No way around that with how long this movie has been pushed back.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Intro scene was Netflix-tier mediocre

Trailer gave away too many spoilers. I think i saw all the visual effects in the movie.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
well at least Arya Stark is having fun

17% on RT, 46/100 on MC

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie looked awesome from the trailer. Im sure the studio fucked it up in editing for years and years. WIsh I didnt live in shatbag Washington state and could see how bad this turned out.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This movie looked awesome from the trailer. Im sure the studio fucked it up in editing for years and years. WIsh I didnt live in shatbag Washington state and could see how bad this turned out.

Can't blame the studio when the director has been saying for months that this was his vision and his cut of the movie.