The Northman (2022)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's definitely mystical. The main character is heavily driven by prophecy and fate. Otherwise you might question many of his actions.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
FRwMDc5X0AAIOWC.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
The Northman is bombing in box office, its made like under $25m worldwide on a budget of $90m (has to make over $200m to turn a profit)

why don't white people want to support Norse culture?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Northman is bombing in box office, its made like under $25m worldwide on a budget of $90m (has to make over $200m to turn a profit)

This thread only has 3 pages since April 13, while that shitty Batman movie has 8 pages since April 13

Even here it seems people would rather discuss The Batman

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This thread only has 3 pages since April 13, while that shitty Batman movie has 8 pages since April 13

Even here it seems people would rather discuss The Batman

It's an art house movie that was marketed as the next Gladiator. Was never gonna do big numbers

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hard to do well when it has limited to show times too. I’m my area it’s had barely any showings since release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this had shit all for movie times near me. It wasn’t in IMAX at all, which was disappointing.

• 2Like

Szlia

It was released on the 21st or 22nd of April in most countries, but on the 28th in Germany and is not out yet in France and Brazil (or Switzerland for that matter), so maybe wait a bit ?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Hard to do well when it has limited to show times too. I’m my area it’s had barely any showings since release.

Everything Everywhere isn't even out yet in UK, lmao. Think it's out next week, so May has Dr Strange, then EE, then Top Gun 2

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The huge AMC 20 with 2 IMAX huge screens they built like 15yrs ago by me kinda sitting there empty still. Yeah its open, its been open for a while now post covid but driving by that place on my way to do shopping the parking lots sit empty when before it was packed, no matter what time of day it was. Was hard to even find a spot since like 2 huge restaurants sit right there in the parking lot as well. IDK, Im not seeing people go to movies like they did before at least here by me. My kid even commented about it when we were driving by last time on the way to costco.

Fadaar

That guy
The huge AMC 20 with 2 IMAX huge screens they built like 15yrs ago by me kinda sitting there empty still. Yeah its open, its been open for a while now post covid but driving by that place on my way to do shopping the parking lots sit empty when before it was packed, no matter what time of day it was. Was hard to even find a spot since like 2 huge restaurants sit right there in the parking lot as well. IDK, Im not seeing people go to movies like they did before at least here by me. My kid even commented about it when we were driving by last time on the way to costco.

They do when there's movies worth going. When No Way Home came out I went in the middle of the afternoon the week after premier. Like 2 or 3 PM on a Tues or Weds. Fully sold out showing with the parking lot being completely full and even more sold out showings when we left.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m lukewarm on the Witch but the Lighthouse is one of my favorite movies in the past couple years. Went with a buddy who had never seen either and just assumed it was a Viking doing cool shit movie.

When the kid and his dad are barking like dogs and you see the tree for the first time he goes “what the fuck am I watching here?”

10 minutes later he realizes “Oh. It’s Hamlet.”

I loved it. 9/10.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Saw this today and loved it. Good revenge story with some twists I didn’t see coming. Lots of gore and some good fight scenes. Acting was really good all around. Definitely pulled off the savage Viking persona.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Overall a pretty good movie if a bit artsy. But to see a movie made in 2022 thats filled with nothing but white people, focusing on a white cultural topic and filled with zero sjw nonsense?

tenor.gif

some twists I didn’t see coming
When Nicole Kidman kept getting closer and closer I was thinking no, she cant go and kiss hm. And then she does.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Love me some Norse mythology and time period pieces but this movie sucked. I shouldn't have been surprised given who the director is. The Witch was also terrible. I knew better but I had to see it for myself.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Why bother even going to a theater anymore. Movies are released in VOD few weeks later.