The Office

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I loved Michael's and Erin's interactions. They were pretty amazing to be honest. She is really brought down by Andy after Michael leaves.

I started rewatching the show, and the Jim/Pam stuff is really, really cringe the second time around.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'm working through another re-watch of this. Frustrating show.

Just some random observations:

It's fucking hilarious, Michael is amazing, he has this ability to be so stupid, yet so sweet, loving, and yet retarded. They did an amazing job how they transformed him from season 1 till he leaves in 7. And by "Goodbye, Michael", he's the smartest man in the room, fucking with everyone for their goodbye gifts. I've watched the videos where they talk about how he was too unlikable in season 1, and changed his physical appearance and personality to give him something for people to like. And the Michael we get when Holly is around is just perfect, he's completely lovable. By far the best episodes are with her, she's just perfect for the show. I loved when he starts panicking when he's about to leave, but then calls Holly and she grounds him immediately and he's fine. I've seen UK Office, Steve Carrel is just by far the most perfect casting for this, he was just absolutely amazing, flawless, unbelievably good.

After he leaves... Damn, this gets hard to watch.

Andy and Erin, I hated them both. Erin without Andy, when she's with Plop, she's much better. But they couldn't begin to make me care about Andy and Erin, they just aren't Jim & Pam. Robert California was fine, he got some laughs, and even Jo Bennet got some laughs from me. Gabe just rules, so fucking awkward and gross. Clark Duke was fine. If you want to laugh, google "Clark Duke 2020".

I fucking hate Ed Helms. I think he's completely talentless, he's not funny, he's not quirky, he just fucking sucks. Worst character on the show by far.

The whole camera man liking Pam thing, just stupid. Jim and Pam having marriage counseling, stupid. I get they needed the drama between them to justify Jim leaving Athlead to be with Pam, but still, it was just bad. Also I didn't even notice that Ryan and Kelly disappeared.

Season 9 was garbage, I didn't laugh once until Episode 21, when Dwight finally becomes manager. Laughed my ass off.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Pretty much agree 100%. I don't dislike Ed Helms as much as you, but he's better in smaller doses.

I will say that after Michael leaves, I remember the 4 episodes we got with Will Ferrell were pretty good. I sort of wish we could have gotten more of that, but instead I think you could watch those as an alternate-universe epilogue and call it a day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd only seen a handful of episodes before but my wife occasionally tosses Friends on in the background and holy shit. Ross is the creepiest, beta psycho loser in the history of TV.
I just started rewatching Two and a Half Men and holy fuck Allen would give Ross a good run for his money. It makes it hard to rewatch these shows these guys are such simps. Probably because its so common now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pretty sure Ted in How I Met Your Mother is the creepiest, beta psycho loser in the history of TV. But Ross is a close second.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What about Chuck from Chuck? He gets the girl, but he's a total pussy unless the intersect is doing the work for him. The entire show he's always screaming like a girl asking Sarah to help him.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Chuck is nothing like the characters previously mentioned. Chuck mans up plenty in that show.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Plus that was the entire premise of the show. Goofy nerd becomes super-spy with the flick of a switch, but it doesn't last long and he has to be protected by Sarah and Casey. He overcomes the limitations in the end and gets the hot girl.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You have to watch the Jim/Pam storyline through the lens of Pam being the actual villain of the show. She is awful. I alternate between telling my wife to stop being a Pam or Karen (not Karen from the show) when she does dumb female shit.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Crazy that krasinski turned out to be an action star. I don't think anybody saw that coming when looking at Jim

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You have to watch the Jim/Pam storyline through the lens of Pam being the actual villain of the show. She is awful. I alternate between telling my wife to stop being a Pam or Karen (not Karen from the show) when she does dumb female shit.

A friend and I 100% agree on this. Pam sucks. Jim is so supportive and cool with her moving to NYC to pursue her dream and then doesn't give Jim the same courtesy - and that opportunity was WAY more promising than the pipe dream Pam was chasing. She's selfish AF throughout much of the series.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Pam definitely is a cunt.

-
Who do you think was the funniest on the office, besides Michael? I think it was Jan, she was so fucked in the head lol.

Most to least:
1. Michael
2. Jan
3. Dwight (especially when he's feeding off Michael, it's the funniest)
4. Robert California
5. Kevin
6. Angela / Gabe
7. Jim / Toby
8. Phyllis / Stanley
10. Darryl
11. Andy

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Jann was good. Creed and Kevin had some great moments. Fucking hated Kelly.

Highlight for me was Dwight and Jim interactions. Dwight was very similar to a guy I worked with in a call center. Thin, In his 40's with long greasy hair perm'd like he stepped out of the 80's, and glasses. Very awkward but uncaring about it. Thought he knew everything but was always wrong, and I took great pleasure in deflating his ego in front of people at every opportunity.