The Office

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Are people not familiar with Ossoi and how he is a colossal faggot in every thread he posts in?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone who doesn't believe "The Dinner Party" is one of the best half hours of television ever made can go jump off a bridge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Are people not familiar with Ossoi and how he is a colossal faggot in every thread he posts in?

I believe in second chances. People have to prove their faggotry to me in each and every thread.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

What is something you love and is also almost universally loved by your friend's and peers?

Imagine if that thing was remade or adapted by Britain for Britain, with enough changes to be the same but different, in the process losing everything that you love about it

You've just imagined the US OFFICE

But yeah, I'm a faggot for preferring the original

I mean, I've already referenced the new Ghostbusters, same thing. The style of humour went from subtle, deadpan delivery of Bill Murray to ott wackiness

Last edited:
  • 2Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What is something you love and is also almost universally loved by your friend's and peers?

Imagine if that thing was remade or adapted by Britain for Britain, with enough changes to be the same but different, in the process losing everything that you love about it

I mean, I've already referenced the new Ghostbusters, same thing. The style of humour went from subtle, deadpan delivery of Bill Murray to ott wackiness

Pretty sure the majority of sane people would not watch this theoretical subjectively bad remake of something they loved and just not give a flying fuck.

You sound like a whiny fucking teenager. “I liked this before it was cool” mentality. Grow up dickweed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
enough changes to be the same but different, in the process losing everything that you love about it

WTF does this even mean? I agree. You're coming across as a whiny hipster who liked it before it was cool.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure the majority of sane people would not watch this theoretical subjectively bad remake of something they loved and just not give a flying fuck.

As already mentioned, I turned off the pilot of the US Office when they lazily re-used the by now outdated Budweiser reference.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As already mentioned, I turned off the pilot of the US Office when they lazily re-used the by now outdated Budweiser reference.

Understood but you seem to be missing on the not giving a fuck part, bitching on the internet about it and all.

You also missed the mark on them lazily reusing the wazzup shit. The character was still trying to use it, years after it was relevant. They were making fun of the character/people who hang on to unfunny shit just because it was viral at one time.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Now imagine that every British sitcom has a shitty US version. Oh wait, that actually happened!

If one of the few successful exampkes offends you, don't look up the American Red Dwarf pilot, you'll kill yourself.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

People were still doing it at that time. It's 2020 now and I think 2019 was the first time since it started that I didn't hear it in the office. And as was said, the whole point of it was that the character was holding on to a lame joke way too long.

Has there ever been an american TV show that was remade for Britain? I was trying to think of one to follow along with your point and I came up dry.

Maybe American Idol? I think that started in the US. Who wants to be a millionaire? But I can't think of any non gameshows.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
jesus, that was UK first rofl - which is why the main judge, Simon Cowell, is a Brit

Allright well then the US version was much better.

I had to google it and most of the US to UK remakes were game or talent shows of some kind. But yall fucked up married with children, That 70's show, and golden girls, so don't act all high and mighty.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Anyone who doesn't believe "The Dinner Party" is one of the best half hours of television ever made can go jump off a bridge.
Yeah, that episode is pretty damn funny. The scene where she puts on the music and starts trying to dance with Jim, fuckin rofl

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Allright well then the US version was much better.

I had to google it and most of the US to UK remakes were game or talent shows of some kind. But yall fucked up married with children, That 70's show, and golden girls, so don't act all high and mighty.

I actually thought about this.

There are examples of UK series that aren't remakes, but almost semi equivalents to US series. e.g Peaky Blinders seemed to be the UK equivalent of Boardwalk Empire, Spooks seemed to be the equivalent of 24 - different stories and characters, but similar settings.

I think the UK doesn't need to remake US stuff for a UK audience in the way that The Office had to be remade (as per video someone linked above - Michael Scott wasn't likeable enough, the first season was too downbeat and they had to make it more optimistic etc). Because Hollywood exports so much stuff that we are used to the American "style". Also, one other reason to remake UK stuff would be that US networks can generally afford bigger budgets, you don't have that issue with US stuff.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I actually thought about this.

There are examples of UK series that aren't remakes, but almost semi equivalents to US series. e.g Peaky Blinders seemed to be the UK equivalent of Boardwalk Empire, Spooks seemed to be the equivalent of 24 - different stories and characters, but similar settings.

I think the UK doesn't need to remake US stuff for a UK audience in the way that The Office had to be remade (as per video someone linked above - Michael Scott wasn't likeable enough, the first season was too downbeat and they had to make it more optimistic etc). Because Hollywood exports so much stuff that we are used to the American "style". Also, one other reason to remake UK stuff would be that US networks can generally afford bigger budgets, you don't have that issue with US stuff.
We get it. You think everything in the UK is better than the US. Now go back to watching your shitty female Doctor Who.

• 1Like