The Official Guitar Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I figured this would be the best place to ask this. I am looking for a starter Ukulele for my 5 year old niece. Came across this and wanted to ask if anybody had any input.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Mitchell/MU40-Soprano-Ukulele-J22069.gc

Cant really go wrong with even the cheapest POS Uke as long as it is wood not plastic. You can literally make them out of an old wooden cigar box and they sound good. If you are going to be Jake Shimabukuro then you buy a $800-1500 Kamaka. Kamaka Ukulele

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Haha nah. Thx. There were a lot of "toy" ukes that were on Amazon and the reviews were iffy so just found that at Guitar Center.

• 1Solidarity

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have a mandolin and that's fun to play sometimes. But I just can't get into the ukulele and I pretty much hate everything about them.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Planning on fixing up my Les Pau after the new year instead of a new guitar. $350 new frets (0 frets left), $150 nut job although I may see if I can do that, new gold hardware.(but will save the old stuff obviously), new pickups by me (not sure what yet). Expensive but she deserves to be played. She's older than me, a true milf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Soon it will be like the old joke. It's all original. It has one tiny thing left on it that wasn't changed lol. Seen people apply it to cars as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
While in Nashville for business I stopped by Carter Vintage Guitars. What a guitar shop! Probably the best I've ever been to. Little soundproof jam rooms with vintage amps stacked to the ceiling so you can really test the gear and an amazing selection.

20181130_161755.jpg

Found a Taylor 714 I loved. Always wanted a Taylor 614 or better and the price on this was very respectable. Wasn't really planning on buying anything but I ended up buying it. They're shipping it to me on Monday and it should arrive Thursday. Stoked on this purchase! First guitar I've purchased in damn near 10 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks like I'd play 0% of the guitars there, but nice buying a new guitar. I've always wanted a nice acoustic

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah they definitely don't cater to the metal guitars. I don't even know if I saw an Ibanez. Then again, are vintage Ibanezes even a thing? It was definitely my kinda jam though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There are some vintage ones. They caught a lot of flak for ripping off Les Paul's early on. Some roadstar models , destroyers, etc.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd put Derek Trucks above him. Ian Thornley too. But y'know, they got a few decades on Duane.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Speaking of Ian Thornley, have you seen the clips of the new Big Wreck album that's being mixed. Ian has obviously dusted off some of the "Thornley" outtakes. Make sure to click to the right and hear the solo for that same song.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Does no one epic x-mas deals anymore? 2 years and no dirt cheap tube amps. Crossing my fingers for the day after sales.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Anything you're looking for in particular? Check reverb?

Just wanted a nice little tube amp.

I like reverb I bought a couple things thru them, I even established a decent relationship with one vendor in CA who will cut me even better pricing than he lists on the site if I ask nice.