The Official Guitar Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, that one is crazy good looking, but these are my favorites.

Virtuoso 2

Maestro

Not a fan of push/pull knobs, would much rather have on/on/on mini toggle switches

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
The second flametop is my favorite. And it's not even close. Beautiful guitar.

Yeah.. the Regius. It's a neck-through (the others are bolt-on necks except the PRS)

That's not even a 'great' top for Mayones.. I've never been a huge flame maple fan.. much prefer quilted.. but this one just jumped out at me!

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I've wanted to try a mayones for awhile. Highest end I've played was my caparisons

Caps are great guitars! I played Adam D's (Killswitch Engage) before I came back out here.. He has a new signature model that's STUPID LIGHT (he has back problems), and it was amazing.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I've wanted to try a mayones for awhile. Highest end I've played was my caparisons

They're expensive but honestly the best built guitars I've ever seen. There is literally ZERO flaws in any of them. At some point I'm going to build a Regius 7, but that'll have to wait.. It'll cost me close to $5k when I done, but meh..

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Bought a few things off Reverb lately, but not a seller. Wonder what this is going to do?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If Etsy stays fairly hands off I wouldn't expect much to change. On the other hand if they don't it could force a new community to be formed and out $275 million.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Kemper released The Profiler Floorboard but I think I would still prefer the powerless head for $99 more.

EDIT I'm hoping the cost of this will lower the price on used non powered heads as well.

Last edited:

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I got to watch Tommy Emmanuel perform in Maryland last night. Great performance and glad I got to see him while he’s still at the top of his game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah those kempers are fucking nice shit. I just cannot justify the price for a hobbyist like me, lol. But damn, I saw some videos of some profiles and it blew my mind, like the van halen one.

Ive played with a lot of dudes in garage type setups back in the late 80s and into the 90s (drums) and im betting they would give their left nut to change up their sound like that especially doing covers and shit like we always did. It was mostly with either a peavy or a marshall 1/2 stack and of course some pedals and shit they had but it always sounded "samey".

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I found out yesterday they have a version of Rig Manager in the works that will allow you to tweak profiles and not just load/unload profiles to the unit. So price wise that puts the stage as the best deal if you aren't looking for a powered version. It certainly changed my mind about getting the stage over the non powered head, since it gives you a $500 controller that doesn't come with the head. No release date on the 3.0 version of the Rig Manager but with the stage out now it seems like it shouldn't be to long.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did a fret job on my oldest Telecaster. Went slow and came out alright. I'm trying to decide if I want to attempt to replace the nut. Seems like a pretty big jump from replacing frets. Anyone ever replaced a nut?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You need to have some nut files to replace nut. they come in different sizes for different strings. Good jap ones are expensive, but they have chinese knockoffs.

Best price I have seen for the jap ones...

I never did it but there is plenty of videos out there.

Check this dude out, hes got some good vods on the subject... Kinda long winded because he covers the entire process for his customers, but there is always the fast forward..

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Stewmac has some pretty good how to videos as well, which they will also be trying to sell you the tools they use.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I made PLENTY of mistakes in this as it was one take without fully figuring out the song. However, wanted to show off the power of the Fractal AxeFX III. Absolutely nailed Ty Tabor's tone which isn't easy.

Can really hear it stand out around 1:33.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You are correct. Absolutely nailed the tone. Would have thought you weren't even playing if it wasn't for the flubs haha.

Nice dog cameo.