The Order: 1886

[Alt][F4]_sl

shitlord
I didn't see this gem linked
-ugh my bad
Call me nintendo fanboy, but sony couldn't make a fucking game if their paychecks depended on it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Two pages back - and comparing them possibly having some issues with a new IP and comparing them against a company known for not risking new IPs is a tad silly.

Hyrule Warriors was meh and we'll see how exciting Splatoon is. Hell, the entire WiiU platform is a joke as it stands even with the improvements with it's Y2-3 titles.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I canceled yesterday but Amazon still sent me a pre-order code today. If it turns out good I'll buy it but I've been burned enough times to fill my quota for the fiscal year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I didn't see this gem linked
-ugh my bad
Call me nintendo fanboy, but sony couldn't make a fucking game if their paychecks depended on it.
You're a Nintendo fanboy and likely mildly retarded. All Nintendo does now adays is re-crap out a game they made 10 years ago with a slightly different name.

Sony had some of the best exclusives last gen, this is just looking to not be a good one. Do you remember the last of us? Probably the best game last gen (and this one too sadly), and naughty dog is a Sony studio

All that besides the fact that Ready at Dawn isn't owned by sony

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
You're a Nintendo fanboy and likely mildly retarded. All Nintendo does now adays is re-crap out a game they made 10 years ago with a slightly different name.

Sony had some of the best exclusives last gen, this is just looking to not be a good one. Do you remember the last of us? Probably the best game last gen (and this one too sadly), and naughty dog is a Sony studio

All that besides the fact that Ready at Dawn isn't owned by sony
Last of Us suffered the same issue I've had with shooters on consoles, I hate using a controller for them. So I only played like 2 hours of it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When you think of the iconic last gen games - Uncharted, Mass Effect, Dragons Age 1, Bioshock, GoW, Halo, etc - they didn't start appearing really till 1-3 years after console launch. So hopefully we'll start seeing some trickle out this year like Bloodborne, Battleborn (god I get those two games confused all the time), and maybe some new shit at E3. Star Wars Battlefront should hopefully be amazing and I'm not sure if you'd call it a reboot or sequel.

but yeah sequelitis is really too much right now, the other big games are all sequels like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Halo 5, etc. The new IPs have all been pretty weak like Dying Light, Evil Within, or Watch Dogs.
I disagree about PC. There have been some fantastic PC games coming out during this console generation.

Aarklash Legacy, Divinity: OS, Lords of Xulima, Grim Dawn, Blackguards, are all new IPs which range from really good to fantastic. There have been some great sequels as well. Age of Wonders 3, Might and Magic X, Wasteland 2, X-COM.

I like the new consoles due to speed and the few good games out, but I do agree this console generation hasn't been too impressive as far as games yet. That's true for every console generation for the first 1.5-2 years that I can remember though. I almost always get in to the new generation around that time, as the first price cuts are usually happening as well.

Vaclav

Doing and watching are never the same.....sex comes to mind.
Not never - some games like Mass Effect really work well as a "I play, you watch" game with it being a pretty similar experience, but they are the exception not the rule.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Indeed, but playing it for a bit first and then seeing what comes later informed me I wasn't going to be interested.
So I guess you just have bad taste in games then?

I don't know, not everyone will like every game, but TLOU is considered by a large majority of people to be excellent

Vorph

Last of Us suffered the same issue I've had with shooters on consoles, I hate using a controller for them. So I only played like 2 hours of it.
TLoU is about 90% stealth which requires little to no fine aiming skills under pressure at all, if you're playing it correctly. I could sort of understand your complaint if it was about Uncharted, but saying that about TLoU is just silly.

I don't really even get the complaints about games like Uncharted either. If someone like me--who has been playing PC FPS the day Wolf3D was released as shareware--can adapt to using a gamepad, I'm pretty sure anyone can. I used to despise controllers too, but with UE3 being so popular these days I end up using a controller on my PC fairly often now as well. I still kind of hate aiming with my thumb, but I hate terrible mouse implementation with forced acceleration and smoothing that can never be completely turned off a hell of a lot more.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Watched some twitch streams for a bit today, doesn't look horrible but still not sold on paying full price.

Vaclav

Been a busy day - sitting there with Press X screen here for the past 3 hrs while I get other things managed at the PC... finally working on my HS dailies before it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been a busy day - sitting there with Press X screen here for the past 3 hrs while I get other things managed at the PC... finally working on my HS dailies before it.
Sweet you're past the halfway point

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So I guess you just have bad taste in games then?

I don't know, not everyone will like every game, but TLOU is considered by a large majority of people to be excellent
I have bad taste because I think the game is decent but didn't perk my interest? lol

Also "large majority" doesn't mean squat. Besides the fact that is popular.

TLoU is about 90% stealth which requires little to no fine aiming skills under pressure at all, if you're playing it correctly. I could sort of understand your complaint if it was about Uncharted, but saying that about TLoU is just silly.

I don't really even get the complaints about games like Uncharted either. If someone like me--who has been playing PC FPS the day Wolf3D was released as shareware--can adapt to using a gamepad, I'm pretty sure anyone can. I used to despise controllers too, but with UE3 being so popular these days I end up using a controller on my PC fairly often now as well. I still kind of hate aiming with my thumb, but I hate terrible mouse implementation with forced acceleration and smoothing that can never be completely turned off a hell of a lot more.
I can use a gamepad just fine, I just don't enjoy using it for many reasons when it comes to first person shooters or third person shooters. Same with K&M with fighting, racing, or arcade adventure games.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm going to give it a go tonight. Preordered for $48 through GCU, and Amazon has a buyback for $38ish right now so I went ahead and did it. I have a week to beat it, shouldn't be a problem since it's pretty short with no real replay value

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have bad taste because I think the game is decent but didn't perk my interest? lol

Also "large majority" doesn't mean squat. Besides the fact that is popular.

I can use a gamepad just fine, I just don't enjoy using it for many reasons when it comes to first person shooters or third person shooters. Same with K&M with fighting, racing, or arcade adventure games.
was tongue in cheek bro. Like I said, everyone has different tastes and just because it may not interest you doesn't mean it's not a great game, as evidenced by its critical acclaim