The Orville

Oldbased

> Than U
Well, it might be that the finale was originally intended as an series finale planning for Fox being Fox that they're going to adjust with the extra time to make it not seem like the end of the show anymore.
Could also be that the episode before the finale is a better ender for the season. Game of Thrones did that several times where episode 9 was very dramatic then 10 hit on another direction. The red wedding comes to mind. They may have asked for more money or budget for sets and by moving one already completed allows more per episode for next season to upgrade some stuff or better CGI parts. Who knows.

If it is cut to 12 and they move 1 then that saves 2 episodes of cast/expenses/cgi off next seasons projected budget. I assume each has a few million bucks so that is a hefty sum to do some cooler effects and sets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just realized the blue alien was Rob Lowe.

Was it always rob lowe? I haven't tried to go back to the earleir episode and look.

Solving your problems with enemies by drugging and mind controlling them.. wtf. "its ok, they have a common ancestor, things will be ok!" uh? no it won't. when the drug wears off, they will know they were drugged, and declare war on YOU for that shit.

did you drug and rape my wife? "maybe I did. wink" uh.. going to need a little more concrete answer asshole, if you want off this ship alive.

You kinda just answered / contradicted yourself. She didn't know she'd been drugged until a year later when she found out his species did that, and even then she had to ask if she was drugged the first time. Even if those 2 species are smarter and know about him going into heat, they don't know he was in heat and he didn't touch them. Hell, did they even meet him?

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Last night's episode was pretty cool. Kind of an amalgamation of a few TNG episodes. Also seems like this should have been their Halloween episode.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me, though, is Alara's forehead and ear prosthetics. They look incredibly fake.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah was thinking the same thing, showed that three weeks too late.
Robert Picardo who played the doctor on voyager guest starred as alara's dad.
I like that they're doing character focused episodes so that we can get to know the characters better early on.
Weird thing about alara is she seems to fist her hands up a lot, you can see it when she's walking or standing around.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Last night's episode was pretty cool. Kind of an amalgamation of a few TNG episodes. Also seems like this should have been their Halloween episode.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me, though, is Alara's forehead and ear prosthetics. They look incredibly fake.
Thatsthejoke.gif

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

I know. She doesn't look much anything like the Xelayan's I know. A real Xelayan would know in seconds they were fake.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The real question is, would she bang you, neck beard or not?
who said anything about consent.. -_-

halston.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Was hoping they would get extended more episodes, enjoyed the season and hope they get a full season next year.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Good episode, but partially ripped off Blink of an Eye (episode)
I'd be ok if they ripped off all 400 episodes or whatever it is from Star Trek combined from all the series. I find the Orville while a bit far to the extreme, to be more human and life like that many of the Star Trek episodes.
Quite a few of the ST episodes were great other than they lacked any real human behavior. You know it's bad when the Vulcan and the android often showed more character and flaw than the humans.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I want MOAR!

Just an all around good scifi show. I would love some episodes or a mini series about Bortus and Klyden's home life.

• 2Like