The Orville

Cybsled

The captain asks her about her report, then she dodges it. She is going to lie about that shit no doubt lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Semisus

Molten Core Raider
Next thing you know they will encounter a space bug that with a spore hive that allows em to travel anywhere in a instant and then the doctor kills the bug
oh wait.

Caliane

That was a fucked up episode.
pretty casual with the rape superpower. The not federation would have that shit on file, and documented. Shit like that is exactly the kind of thing any interspecies government would have to focus on from the get go. aka, apples are poisonous to species a, taste great to species b.
Naturally giving off a mind control drug would be a pretty big deal..

Solving your problems with enemies by drugging and mind controlling them.. wtf. "its ok, they have a common ancestor, things will be ok!" uh? no it won't. when the drug wears off, they will know they were drugged, and declare war on YOU for that shit.

did you drug and rape my wife? "maybe I did. wink" uh.. going to need a little more concrete answer asshole, if you want off this ship alive.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
pretty casual with the rape superpower. The not federation would have that shit on file, and documented. Shit like that is exactly the kind of thing any interspecies government would have to focus on from the get go. aka, apples are poisonous to species a, taste great to species b.

Solving your problems with enemies by drugging and mind controlling them.. wtf. "its ok, they have a common ancestor, things will be ok!" uh? no it won't. when the drug wears off, they will know they were drugged, and declare war on YOU for that shit.
Ya, there was some flaws in it but being it was a once a year thing for a few days, he could have just not disclosed he was in heat. Things would definitely go to shit when 2 not gay species find out in a few days they were not gay again and took an alien dick in the butt. They should have just had a sign on the bridge all episode that says it's ok to be gay and went with another story line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
did you drug and rape my wife? "maybe I did. wink" uh.. going to need a little more concrete answer asshole, if you want off this ship alive.

I'm guessing he wasn't the first time they fucked but he threw the possibility out there on the chance that they might patch things back up and they'll get the more concrete answer in a later episode.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Space SJWs are so tolerant they are cool with a rape species? OK....

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well their doctor straight up murdered somebody the week before, so rape is no big deal!

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Rape is so common in Hollywood that he didn't even have to act to play the part.
The slime seemed ok with it as well. Literally grabbed that doctor by the pussy knowing she was chemically raped.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Rape is the Norm when it comes to slime species. I think we have decades of evidence in anime.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The slime seemed ok with it as well. Literally grabbed that doctor by the pussy knowing she was chemically raped.

He didn't know about it at the time, no one did. She just showed up wanting a fist full of slim put into her and he was happy to oblige.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Slimer didn't have consent since she couldn't consent due to being drugged. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaape REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I caught up. I dunno, if we see the blue species as major elements in the Union maybe, but the zoo episode made this show feel more like Mos Eisley/DS9 style that sometimes you have singletons just wandering through not so much "cataloguing" planets.

I mean think of Space HIPPA...

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My "roommate" in my basement would like to have a word with you.

No, but seriously, he didn't do anything overtly worth being killed over. Tied up while she escaped, sure, maybe. Ok, let's be realistic for a minute, while I'm bored at work. She's obviously not sick from the bad water, and since he knew where the wreckage of her part of the ship was, he could fairly easily surmise that she might not be from this planet, or at least not from this region. She even admits that she has no idea what is going on, and supposedly this poison is world-wide. So she's probably alone (no one else at crash site he found), doesn't know about all the hazards of the crazy cannibals and the poison water, and he knows practically nothing about her or her culture. He also doesn't necessarily know when she is going to wake up, and he might be out foraging when she does. And after she woke up, she certainly didn't say anything that would have made me trust her enough to just let her roam around unsupervised in the place that was literally keeping me safe from crazy cannibals.

He even went and got the medicine she claimed she needed. Nor did he do anything overtly creepy. Sure, he might have intended to keep her as a sex slave, but he gave no indication of that, and he very well might have just been being cautious in case she was violent or insane or infected by the water but just not showing it yet. He was not doing anything crazy other than keeping her in a locked room, maybe until he was sure she wasn't a threat to him or herself. Which he was 100% correct to do, as proven by the fact that instead of just threatening him with the gun and locking him up or something while she escaped, she just straight up murdered him. There's pretty much nothing I can think of that makes that the correct solution for someone that was so adamant about only stunning the crazy cannibals, as opposed to restraining him or knocking him out (she's a doctor, they seem to have knockout needles on hand!) or something other than murdering him. I mean, if she didn't care about killing anyone at all, then sure, what's another one? But she clearly told her kid they don't kill.

I already hated the doctor. Now she's a cold-blooded murdering hypocrite too. You can keep her Niddles~ Just don't raise your voice to her kids, she'll probably gank you.

Here's the thing. Her shooting him wasn't weird. The fucked up part was her stabbing him in the gut in the beginning.

That said, Holy fuck at the doctor having like an eight year old kid. I thought she was in her late 50s or something in the show as like the wise old doctor/mentor lady and instead she's a black stereotype thirty-something? Wut

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
So Fox renewed it for a second season but apparently they are cutting this season short by one episode by moving the season finale to season 2 according to a bunch of different articles.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Theres the Fox we know and hate.

Well, it might be that the finale was originally intended as an series finale planning for Fox being Fox that they're going to adjust with the extra time to make it not seem like the end of the show anymore.

• 1Like