Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thats what i meant by you have to have seen Discovery to see this coming
her name is the same as the double agent on Discovery

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Ep 4 was good, glad they're back on track with good storytelling and worldbuilding. The first 2 eps were pretty ho hum, and the 3rd seemed to be tailored to ushering off Alara.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ed needs to start deep dicking every hole he can find to stop being a bitch. Good episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just now getting around to ep. 2, and uh, wtf? Can't believe they decided putting this in the ep. 2 slot was a good idea. An after school special on the dangers of overindulging in holodeck sex?

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
This show is getting boring. The pilot barely makes any jokes anymore. The black guy can barely act, he feels like an NBA player thrown into star trek (I just looked it up to see if he was, he's a production assistant from Family Guy that did a few voices). We just keep getting prime directive tropes (not that star trek didn't do this too), but it's just boring. The throwaway comic relief is the best part and it's not nearly big enough. This new chick is definitely a step down from Alara. Bortus bortus bortus. And then they just fuck the prime directive anyway and call it a day despite being told not to? God at least USE Ted Danson for something funny. Go force some more sex changes or something. Or yay, let's do some more commentary on cheating on your spouse again!

The best part of this episode was the p90s and the brief comic relief. Everything else was garbo. Fite me.

I really can't understand people who still say this is better than Discovery. For me, the season 2s aren't even close to each other. Which one is Jonathan Frankes directing again? yeah. My wife agrees Discovery is better, but cannot understand my growing dislike for Orville.

/disappointed rant over

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This last episode was very shitty for sure.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This last episode was very shitty for sure.
Whoever wrote that episode is an idiot.

For The Orville to make it to a season 3 they really need to hit it out of the park each and every episode. You can't be lazy with this genre.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's going to go to season 3 regardless. It's in Seths contract and Fox will do whatever he wants to do.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's like... they wrote that first contact episode, to make the Alara replacement look smart. Cuz if you remember Alara is basically a ho hum security officer cuz shes a strong bitch (off planet) and is not book smart (when she goes home, dad wants her to go back to school and all the tutors know shes dumb). So like Alaras replacement is also just as strong, but also smarter too then.

i mean i kinda expected a black guy or black chick, like when tasha yar got replaced.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Eh it was not that bad.

It just was very low or non existent on comedy - so take that as you will.

I haven't seen any S2 discovery - yet many say it is much better than 1

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I will never see Discovery until CBS puts it on hulu or netflix, cause fuck everyone doing their paywall bullshit.

That said, I didn't mind the episode too much. Definitely needed more humor, but good scifi shows have always explored social issues. This one was about the dangers of any society where scientific progress has grown faster than cultural growth, or has been fused with and corrupted by strict adherence to ancient superstitions.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Eh it was not that bad.

It just was very low or non existent on comedy - so take that as you will.

I haven't seen any S2 discovery - yet many say it is much better than 1
it's not, it's too insufferable watching that main char go "oh, you's an idiot, i'm the SJW, i know everything, lemme show you why you wrong"

In order to get this happening, they lessen the depth of every character she interacts with.

It did have a better "first contact" eps than orville did, since they were both the same week.

• 2Like

Caliane

It was an ok episode. the nonsensical premise had to be intentional as a "racism is stupid" allegory, but, I dont feel it aided the story at all.

Like.. neither side seemed to consider alien physiology. Like, remember the once a year rape pheromones alien from last season? its entirely possible this species DOES have have everyone born under some specific star, be born with abnormal physiological traits.
Conversely, why the fuck would the doctors/leaders of this world, think other alien species would have the same biology as them?

Also, the social credit system they suggest for replacing currency seems like a nightmare. lol.

also, also, why the hell would anyone call their home world, Rygore 2. what happened to rygore 1?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Like.. neither side seemed to consider alien physiology. Like, remember the once a year rape pheromones alien from last season? its entirely possible this species DOES have have everyone born under some specific star, be born with abnormal physiological traits.
Any reasonably advanced civilization, especially the one depicted in the episode, would absolutely understand that constellations would be completely different from the vantage point of another star system. So that right there irritated the shit out of me.

Also, any reasonably intelligent people of said civilization would realize that taking prisoner members of a species that could probably reduce your planet to a molten slag is a really bad idea.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

yeah.

lets look at this again. first, I was going to discuss how the morality of the "racism is bad" argument is also totally wrong, and in fact kindof justifies racism.
But, then I had a second guess, and wonder if the intent of the writers was lost. maybe it was NOT intended to be a racism argument, but simply just a superstition/astrology/religion one?

if the episode was intended to be an attack on astrology and superstition, it makes WAY more sense. the interment camps, etc, then just really muddied the waters and fucked up the allegory then...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ghosts/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8f28c10acb78
This is why so many millennials believe in horoscopes

however, if this was intended to be a prejudice argument, then it was awful. "racial prejudice is wrong because the differences between individuals are imaginary and based on superstition." if that is your argument, then when people are ACTUALLY different, you are saying it is ok to be prejudicial. In the real world, racial prejudice is based on physical, physiological, and cultural differences. This is why the philosophical argument for equality must be made in spite of actual physical differences. all individual identities are born with the unalienable equal rights of opportunity, regardless of physical attributes. man, woman, intersex, skin color, eye color, physically handicapped, mentally handicapped, diseased, etc. it does not matter. they are born with equal opportunity.. It requires an other, to take that away from them. and as such, a society has the power to guarantee, no individual, or government has the right to do so, and it is morally just to ensure that freedom is preserved.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
also, also, why the hell would anyone call their home world, Rygore 2. what happened to rygore 1?
why you think they be hating on the Giliacs, they obviously destroyed the first homeworld.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Meh. Episode was fine. I'm still hooked.

I do hate the new security officer though.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

The capt's ex is hot AF, she's got that look at decent sized tits that in some outfits look insane.

The episode had a billion inconsistency issues, duh.

• 1Like