The Orville

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started to binge this show, I was bouncing off it first season but stuck around for the second anyway. Was kind of background TV while I played Path of Exile or whatever, the Bortus grows a mustache episode was so cringe I hated it. Then they absolutely pulled me back in with Bortus and Clyde getting addicted to smoking, that shit had me rolling and now some good twists and decent stories almost done with Season 2.

We ever learn why Halston Sage was replaced?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fox brought in a replacement and put her on a different show. I only remember hearing of once (Prodigal Son), but now seeing that Michael Sheen is in it, may give it a watch.

“It wasn’t about a choice,” Sage said. “It was what was best for the show at the time.”

This reeks of internal conflict, affair or bad touch kind of stuff. The whole writers spin makes no sense considering she was replaced with an exact body type copy, clearly the role was written for a tiny female.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There was mixed stories regarding it. She was dating Seth though never officially and no one knows when they broke up so its hard to say they were related or not. She came back for a cameo so I don't think it was super bad terms but the common consensus was she wanted to pursue other projects and had some stuff lined up that was going to conflict with the Orvilles schedule.

IF that's true or not, only they know I guess. In today's day and age though os social justice and gossip, I imagine if anything shady was involved, it woulda been out there by now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Prodigal Son is good. Really good. Michael Sheen steals every scene he is in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually thought the show was kind of weak whenever Michael Sheen didn't have camera time. I suppose I should go back and finish it.

spronk

FPS noob
season 3 will debut June 2nd, 2022. dunno if its the last season. i still need to watch season 2

• 6Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
season 3 will debut June 2nd, 2022. dunno if its the last season. i still need to watch season 2

It's not supposed to be a final season, but with the production hell this seemed to go through and Seth being wishy washy about the show, who knows.

Cybsled

The extra title they gave it is odd - like is it a soft reboot?

The intro kind of gave me some DS9 pilot vibes

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The extra title they gave it is odd - like is it a soft reboot?

The intro kind of gave me some DS9 pilot vibes
Probably added to the name cuz it moved from a Fox show to a Hulu show. Just to differentiate a bit probably.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hope they continue with it, because frankly, I just find it a really fun show to watch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well, it's fun to watch because on one hand it doesn't usually take itself too seriously, but on the other hand it's better star trek than any star trek that's come out in 20 years

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
well, it's fun to watch because on one hand it doesn't usually take itself too seriously, but on the other hand it's better star trek than any star trek that's come out in 20 years
Im angry with you for making me realize DS9 ended 22 years ago.

side note though, enterprise is vastly underrated.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Voyager is two different series under the same name, which makes me wonder if there will be a similar shift for Orville's next season if they are acknowledging it in the title.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Preview was good. The budget seems higher for this season, the space stuff looked way better.