The Orville

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
...and is it me or is head peice hairline split worse this season?

It does a great job of making me not focus on how hot she is during the show, that's for sure.

Liking this season so far. The funny bits and the serious bits. The guy who plays Steve in American Dad being socially awkward to the point of being unable to talk to girls made me laugh a lot. Because Steve.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Good episode, although sad to see that one character go.

The cameo game was strong. 2 Star Trek doctors lol

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Really good episode tonight, I'm glad we got back to this style where story telling was first and humor was well placed and second. I hope that continues, it's what made season 1 so good.

I'm gonna miss her though :(

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
are they doing this to basically follow along w/ TNG? just like tasha yarr departure?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
are they doing this to basically follow along w/ TNG? just like tasha yarr departure?

Halston Sage was filming a movie at the same time they were filming this season. It's unknown if she's actually gone-gone.

Cybsled

Could also be a Beverly Crusher situation...MIA for a season, then they decide to come back.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
That's the rumor at least, or at least was; don't see anything current to either confirm or deny.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Alara is one of my favorite characters and I felt she had the best chance of having the more emotionally connecting, genuine character development that wasn't based on quirkiness or oddity (like Bortis) nor overly forced sentimentality (like the single-mother doctor). That said, I thought this episode was ho-hum. It might just be a product of the stand-alone-episode style that at times feels very dated for this type of show, though, because it's what I wanted for the character (minus her leaving) going into the episode, but halfway through I wanted it to be way more subtle and occasional than a full episode. Then she's leaving and it felt like a throwaway episode as it didn't really set up a triumphant return or anything.

I think most of my very few issues with the show are the challenge of the week format. Especially when it becomes a character development of the week. But shrug, still the best Star Trek since DS9!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
as a parent myself, I think much higher of the Doctor Kasidy Yates character. If only I weren't so bad with names.