The Orville

Cybsled

Did the doctor just stay in the past? Or did she disppear in a poof of paradox when the alternate timeline collapsed and she no longer went to the past? Or did she go back to the future and she's now the only one that remembers the alternate timeline?

She poofed after she wiped Kelly's memory

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Time travel the first time blew up the Orville didn't it?

I mean that's an issue NOW - but I assume they could make something specific to power it.

It's like how stupid the plot to the first St TNG movie was... friggen dude could have stolen a shuttle and flew into the damn ribbon thing.
i think it was, the orville was supposed to blow up, and Charlize Theron came on w/ her future tech to save em

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

no idea if thats good or bad for the show

From how it reads, it seems good. Production will be ramping up and it seems like notes going into it.

Hulu is doing more and more exclusives now, they just got LetterKenny not that long ago as well. I think it’ll be fine, their viewer base may go down though and who knows how that will get reacted to.

iannis

Musty Nester
Seems like it's a move up. Fox is a much larger studio and McFarlane probably has about as much creative control of his products as anyone. Family Guy, Cosmos, and this. They'll cut him a check and say "go make us money".

Not that i'm versed in the internal politics of television production studio's. Seems like he's gonna be getting more money at the least.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Orville was one of the last shows New Fox picked up this year. Since New Fox doesn't own the show anymore (Disney does), and has lost hours with WWE taking Fridays, they apparently gave MacFarlane a hard date he couldn't meet, so they dumped it. Recall that Season One had a huge hiatus since they couldn't get a back nine done in time and had to wait to the next season.

As far as the future, who knows. Ironically, the show is now owned again by the 'network' that airs it - was Old Fox / 20th Century Fox, now Hulu / Disney, and should be better protected. My guess is Disney demands some pretty significant cost cuts before okaying Season 4. Though given how difficult it is to get streaming numbers, you will never know for sure if its a success there or not.

joz123

Potato del Grande
With my work schedule I can never watch shows when they air on TV so this is better for me. Just glad it wasn't cancelled.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I'm glad it wasn't canceled, but I'm not subbing to hulu. I already got Netflix and Amazon, as well as curiosity for science/ educational stuff. I always recorded it on my DVR and watched it when I had the time :/

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm glad it wasn't canceled, but I'm not subbing to hulu. I already got Netflix and Amazon, as well as curiosity for science/ educational stuff. I always recorded it on my DVR and watched it when I had the time :/

I am waiting for the bundled Disney+ and Hulu. I already dumped Netflix.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So Adrienne Palicki and Scott Grimes are already getting a divorce. Gonna be super awkward on set I suppose.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The first security chief left after she and Seth MacFarlane broke up so there seems to be a history of this on that show.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Who would have guessed that a weird ginger and a bimbo couldn't keep it together.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Glad this show is surviving, Hulu will potentially allow for a little more vulgarity/profanity then broadcast TV.

Hulu is doing more and more exclusives now, they just got LetterKenny not that long ago as well. I think it’ll be fine, their viewer base may go down though and who knows how that will get reacted to.

They don't make or produce Letterkenny, they just signed a deal to be the exclusive American distributor. Show is made by Crave

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm sure this is why
scott-grimes-adrianne-palicki-getty-joe-scarnici-stringer-20065614.jpeg

they goto an event and it just looks like she strung along the sound guy

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Glad this show is surviving, Hulu will potentially allow for a little more vulgarity/profanity then broadcast TV.

They don't make or produce Letterkenny, they just signed a deal to be the exclusive American distributor. Show is made by Crave

I know.