The Outer Worlds

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sorry for being that guy again, but as of level 6 this feels similiar to Anthem and Borderlands3 where all of the douchefucks are male and all of the strong leaders are female. Does that....stop? Am I just imagining this at this point?

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sorry for being that guy again, but as of level 6 this feels similiar to Anthem and Borderlands3 where all of the douchefucks are male and all of the strong leaders are female. Does that....stop? Am I just imagining this at this point?

I noticed that too, and it stays true up to the point I'm at which is the first quarter of the third "planet"

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I’m not noticing that. You have a mix as far as what I can tell. But I’m now off the third planet.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i didn't get that impression at all. there are plenty of males that are good people and plenty of females that are murderous killers. spoiler for the first planet

adelaide sounds on paper like she's a good leader but we aren't really given any evidence that reed is a bad person. he's out of his depth, for sure but i absolutely believe him that he's trying to do right by the town. adelaide on the other hand is petulant and instead of getting over herself, she's happy to cause suffering just to prove she's right. reed says he wants you to reroute power away from the deserters, but he wants you to tell them first so they can be prepared and come back home. adelaide is perfectly happy with diverting power away from the town and not telling them, just to spite one person.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The theme so far for me seems to mostly be that the women can be horrible, but they're still capable, while the men are bumbling fools across the board, but they mean well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The theme so far for me seems to mostly be that the women can be horrible, but they're still capable, while the men are bumbling fools across the board, but they mean well.
shit, it's like the 2016 Dem primary all over again

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so this is stupid as shit. My sneak is at 50. My others in that group are 43 and 46. Meaning, I cannot level up my hack and lock pick as they are grayed out. I took off everything and am naked so no bonuses. This is definitely broken as fuck. :( they need to fix it so once one skill gets to 50 in a group you can level the others regardless.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Ok so this is stupid as shit. My sneak is at 50. My others in that group are 43 and 46. Meaning, I cannot level up my hack and lock pick as they are grayed out. I took off everything and am naked so no bonuses. This is definitely broken as fuck. :( they need to fix it so once one skill gets to 50 in a group you can level the others regardless.

Keep leveling stealth, you would be able to keep leveling the primary until the sub skills are all 50. Not on my computer so I can’t check but I fairly sure that was how it worked for me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's how it works. A category can still be leveled as long as there's at least two skills in it that are below 50.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So for me, sneak is at 50, hack at 43 and lock pick at 41 and Stealth is grayed out not allowing me to level it. So all I can do is put points into sneak only. :(

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Just finished the game on Normal, i dont see much replayability at the moment.
The game is decent(for a 1$ i spend on MS shop membership) but the last third(maybe even whole second half) feels pretty bland and rushed.
The locations in second part of the game feel tiny and not lived in, the whole faction system seem pointless at this time as it only impacts the closing credits as far as i can see.

The combat is serviceable but there are a a few things that pissed me off. Like the head shot crits with my sniper... yeah i know you want to show me the pretty cut scene of the dudes head exploding but return me to my fucking sniper ZOOMED IN. Right now you have to let go of zoom and zoom back in after the thing plays out. Especially annoying if you are running the time slow thing and have the perk that recharges it with each kill.

The game is definitely too short and needs to expand few zones and add more npcs/factions.

• 1Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Everyone keeps calling it Space Vegas but its way more Kotor 2, um, Two. KotoR: The Space Lords?

Basically you have Kotor 2's morally gray world, mixed with some pretty significant divergences for the "light" / "evil" branches, easily missable side quests, shoebox sized 'worlds', and the nagging feeling this would have been amazing with more dev time / money... updated with Bethesda gameplay.

At Gamepass rates, I can't recommend it enough. As a $60 game, you will have to play through it multiple times to make it worth your purchase.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

nu_11

Game is honestly floating around a 7.5/10 range. It has all the pieces to make it at least a 9/10 game, but everything feels slightly incomplete. There's still plenty of fun to be had but damn... it just hurts that Obsidian was on the right track but couldn't follow through.

My build made the game way too easy on hard. I have my squad mates doing all the work. There was a perk for +EXP when squad mates do the killing. Now I just sit back and do nothing cause that's how I built my guy but now I'm kinda bored of the combat. Maybe next run I'll just build to go solo.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There are some things with the science weapons that they talked up at PAX that don't seem to have made it to the final released game. It was suggested that tinkering was going to be its own quasi minigame where you would build out weapons and armor using various types of technology including the weird science stuff and thus get all sorts of wacky results.

Instead we have mods and +gooder and the science weapons are unique doodads that don't seem terribly useful. :(

• 1Seriously?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lets be real here. 90% of us probably spent a dollar on this game. It can only be but so bad lol.

Rime

<Donor>
The game is relatively solid, but the 'hype' behind it is more due to how horrible the majority of AAAs have been. It is a solid C+ to maybe B game.

If I had paid $60, I would be upset. I paid $1, so it is amazing value for the price.

About to finish the game, maybe another 3-4 hours on Supernova. I am unlikely to ever play it again or to pick up any DLC/Expansions/whatever. It is decent, but not memorable beyond a few moments.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users