The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm not denying its true, i actually find ancient alien stuff really interesting, just get sick of the dramatic tropes all those sorts of videos usually have. and i just generally have a disdain for digesting information by video. most videos of that genre, the amount of information presented in 10 minutes could have been read in about 1 or 2.

there's too much shit on the internet already for me to waste time learning via video when i could just read *shrugs* i was being a little catty, wasn't meaning to offend, sorry if i did
that alien shit is larp and even racist toward the ancient civilizations who built those structures. i cant explain how you did this so aliens. duh. try watching some of the videos i link. the most recent one is 8 minutes long.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I also am turned off by creepy conspiracy videos that phase in artists rendering of whatever along with harsh tones. And then spend 15 minutes covering 3 seconds of evidence.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't understand why you think that an ancient civilization for which there is no evidence whatsoever is so much more reasonable than aliens for which there is no evidence whatsoever. You're still just pulling an explanation out of thin air and then asking for concrete proof that it isn't true.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I used to enjoy those Ancient Aliens shows on H2. Some of that stuff they were talking about was really compelling. For example some of the old world lore which had what seemed to be gods that came from space in flying vehicles, flying carpets, old paintings with UFOs in them and shit. And definitely some of those old structures which cannot be really explained away how they perfectly carved into hard as shit stone perfect square reliefs. Or lining up stone structures with huge stones that have absolutely no gaps in between them.

Like Brutul said, its just as likely aliens did it as some ancient long lost civilization that had all that technology and yet it was all lost, and not one shred of evidence exists in writing or carvings on some stone to explain how they did it.

Is it really that far of a reach that some aliens once came here and used us monkeys to mine rare minerals for them or whatever? In fact some even say that they Bred us or fucked with our DNS to make us this way so we would be more easily controlled and higher intelligence than the other monkeys.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You have to consider though, that the History channel is 100% trying to make entertaining television and they don't give the tiniest damn about facts. It's compelling because they made up whatever bullshit they needed to to make it sound compelling.

Any assumptions of integrity, scientific, journalistic, or otherwise, that you're giving to the History/Discovery/Animal Planet etc. shows is misplaced. They care about making entertaining shows and getting ratings, period. Even the scientists that appear on the TV show often say that they were misled about the type of show that they were going on and their comments were taken out of context to look like they actually believe in the theories the show is putting out when they were actually replying to a completely different question.

Shark Week Lied to Scientists to Get Them to Appear in "Documentaries"

The Idiocy, Fabrications and Lies of Ancient Aliens | Science | Smithsonian

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Of course it's garbage, but entertaining my point being that their theory is just as ridiculous as some ancient civilization with iphones and machines but got lost along the way.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I used to enjoy those Ancient Aliens shows on H2. Some of that stuff they were talking about was really compelling. For example some of the old world lore which had what seemed to be gods that came from space in flying vehicles, flying carpets, old paintings with UFOs in them and shit. And definitely some of those old structures which cannot be really explained away how they perfectly carved into hard as shit stone perfect square reliefs. Or lining up stone structures with huge stones that have absolutely no gaps in between them.

Like Brutul said, its just as likely aliens did it as some ancient long lost civilization that had all that technology and yet it was all lost, and not one shred of evidence exists in writing or carvings on some stone to explain how they did it.

Is it really that far of a reach that some aliens once came here and used us monkeys to mine rare minerals for them or whatever? In fact some even say that they Bred us or fucked with our DNS to make us this way so we would be more easily controlled and higher intelligence than the other monkeys.

Everyone needs cheap labor. From what I remember a lot of the ancient peoples needed gold and the "Gods" had people get gold for them. From Sumarians, to Aztecs, Egyptians, Incans, etc. Ancient peoples all over the world wanted gold pretty much more than any other resource.

Even we use gold in our spacecraft: Geek Answers: Why does NASA use so much gold foil? - Geek.com

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Of course it's garbage, but entertaining my point being that their theory is just as ridiculous as some ancient civilization with iphones and machines but got lost along the way.

Sorry, I didn't read to the end of your post.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem I have with the entire aliens thing, is if they were here in the past as our slavers, why have they not returned since? I mean, plenty of gold still here being mined to this day. Its not like they mined it all and moved along.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The problem I have with the entire aliens thing, is if they were here in the past as our slavers, why have they not returned since? I mean, plenty of gold still here being mined to this day. Its not like they mined it all and moved along.
are we talking about the Cowboys & Aliens movie?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

The problem is the jump in logic. "Gold has applications in space travel" is a hell of a long way from "Our civilization was enslaved by aliens in order to mine gold for them until some point where they flew away without a trace except for one guy carved something into a rock that looks a little bit like a space ship from a 50's sci-fi show."

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that alien shit is larp and even racist toward the ancient civilizations who built those structures. i cant explain how you did this so aliens. duh. try watching some of the videos i link. the most recent one is 8 minutes long.

Do you know how many shitposts I can read and write in 8 minutes?

But nah I'll watch it later today when the GF leaves.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

you'll have to forgive me, tho i'm sure i'm not the only one that assumed it -- a video titled "were the stonehenge stones on site before humans?" on the channel "ancient architects" really sounds like it's just going to be more ancient alien shit.

anyway, yeah, real strong case here.

but still, it could have been explained via text and graphic in less than a minute. so, while i apologize for being wrong about assuming this was an ancient alien video, i have discovered i was right about this video being kind of a waste of time compared to just reading. just like most of youtube...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you'll have to forgive me, tho i'm sure i'm not the only one that assumed it -- a video titled "were the stonehenge stones on site before humans?" on the channel "ancient architects" really sounds like it's just going to be more ancient alien shit.

anyway, yeah, real strong case here.

but still, it could have been explained via text and graphic in less than a minute. so, while i apologize for being wrong about assuming this was an ancient alien video, i have discovered i was right about this video being kind of a waste of time compared to just reading. just like most of youtube...
hey, no probs. just realize i dont post alien shit. it's a cop out used to explain away great feats of engineering by man, thousands or even tens of thousands of years ago.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Earliest Known Human Footprints in North America Found on Canadian Island
29tb-footprints2-superJumbo.jpg

Big feet. Little feet. A heel here. A toe there.

Stamped across the shoreline of Calvert Island, British Columbia, are 13,000-year-old human footprints that archaeologists believe to be the earliest found so far in North America

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
ITT one can observe the phenomenon of “you see what you’re looking for.”

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why I didn't notice this thread until today, but this is right down my alley.

I'm currently reading Andrew Collin's book on Gobekli Tepe, which I find quite interesting. I'm a big fan of the ancient "advanced" civilisation theory. I've mentioned this before in other threads, but will surmise here.

I think people underestimate the fragility of "advance" civilisations. Rome, for example, was amazingly advanced in many areas. However, with the collapse of the West Roman Empire, and the ensuing 1000 year Dark Ages, we almost lost a huge amount of that cumulative information. Ironically, had it not been for the dedication of monks preserving and translating ancient manuscripts (monks part of a system that helped destroy the empire and suppress knowledge in the first place), then the re-learning of this information during the Renaissance could have been a much longer and more painful task.

The main problem with this lost civilisation theory has now been solved, in my mind, with all the research into the comet/asteroid cataclysm during the Younger Dryads or whatever it's called about 12 thousand years ago. Not only would such an event cause mass extinctions, crop failures and starvation, but the climate change and resulting ice age and re-thawing would devastate coastlines, which are usually the main centers of population. Therefore, as some have speculated, a lot of the lost evidence may be hiding both beneath the waves, but also beneath the sea bed.

It would also help to explain a lot of the ancient fascination with the stars and sky. Sure, the sun and the moon, as well as the night sky are pretty fascinating in and off themselves, but if there was a long memory of cataclysm coming from there, then it might help explain the dedication to research into the skies so long ago, that can be revealed in ancient knowledge of such long term events as Procession of the Equinoxes.

A lot of shared technology, as well as study in cultivated plant distributions seem to also suggest contact between different continents, including contact between the Americas and Eurasia, in the distant past.

Now, I don't think any past civilisation managed to reach a level of technological sophistication that we have. But I do think they could have managed to have gained a level of technology at least as good as the Romans or ancient Chinese, possibly surpassing them in certain fields. It also wouldn't surprise me if this cataclysm has left some permanent mark or "scar" on our collective consciousness or even DNA. By that I mean when a cataclysm hits, and survival becomes very difficult, then there is a good chance that people with certain traits that perhaps were not very common among the main stream population pre-cataclysm, might survive better than the others, thereby permanently changing the characteristics of the Human Race.

I think this is a field that has been fringe for a long time, but is now slowly gaining more attention, and prominence, thanks in part to research done in recent decades, and stunning archaeological finds such as Gobekli Tepe. The future is therefore bright for those of us who are interested in this stuff. And you don't need to add anything spooky, such as Aliens, into the mix to realise how fascinating this all is!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
ITT one can observe the phenomenon of “you see what you’re looking for.”

Yeah, but that is more tied to the evolution of the visual cortex and eye to be hyper-energy efficient because our little brains only run on about 20 watts of power. You only really see clearly in a very small portion of your FOV (peripheral is all low detail filler) and then your mind simply can't process all of the actual input real-time so whatever you focus on gets attention and everything else gets passed through evolutionary filters that go "yeah, well that's close enough". It's how people can look a motorcyclist in the eye and still merge into them, they were looking for a car not a bike.

People are for sure pattern seeking and love to back-up their ideas though. Get someone with some borderline (or not so much?) paranoia and it's easy to see where conspiracy theories come from. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread though, sometimes they are right! Skepticism isn't a bad trait in and of itself either, but as fun as it is there is a point where it is pathological.