The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sure, what's you point?

No, they weren't. Neither of us has any proof of which way around they were built, but Egyptologists who have studied this and common sense agree with me here.

They don't have detailed records because it was fucking 5000 years ago and papyrus doesn't really last that long. It's not clear if they bothered to preserve anything boring like that, though the countless invasions and the Library of Alexandria burning down wouldn't help. Oh except this: The World's Oldest Papyrus and What It Can Tell Us About the Great Pyramids | History | Smithsonian

It's amazing that we know as much as we do about them, it's all because they specifically used stone carving and stone based paint to have things endure, as well as the dry desert conditions. We know basically NOTHING about the people who built Stonehenge and have to dig up their trash and graves to find anything, or anyone else until the Romans arrived 2000 years ago.

It's possible that a Pharoah just put his name on them, that happened to Hatshepsut because her successors didn't like her. SOMEONE built them though. It's possible that the dating is wrong but I don't get what the grand conspiracy is. Does there really have to be Atlantis or Aliens for these amazing mounuments to exist? It's kind of insulting to the civilisations in question.
the only people who are saying flat earth, grand conspiracy, aliens or atlantis are you people snarking up this thread. even lumi hasnt brought up lizardmen yet. the egyptians have catalogued their dynasties, their family trees, their conquests, how many shits they took in a day, but neglected to put into any writing how they built the only things that has lasted to this day? yeah, ok.

• 2Trump
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe they didn't think shit that slaves built was as important to document as their shit patterns or family?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe they didn't think shit that slaves built was as important to document as their shit patterns or family?
the pyramids werent just doodles in the ground, you understand this, right? they were the highest buildings on earth up until a hundred years ago. you also understand they were built not on the ground but on a network of tunnels that extend throughout the complex.

Pops

Thanks for the vids and links, they led to some interesting articles/vids. While I don't attribute these accomplishments to ancient aliens, I do marvel at the human race.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thanks for the vids and links, they led to some interesting articles/vids. While I don't attribute these accomplishments to ancient aliens, I do marvel at the human race.
that stupid fucking TV show really did a good job at poisoning people's minds on the subject of ancient civilizations. if you ask any questions, the herp derpers rush in and call you a flat earth ancient alien believer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
the only people who are saying flat earth, grand conspiracy, aliens or atlantis are you people snarking up this thread. even lumi hasnt brought up lizardmen yet. the egyptians have catalogued their dynasties, their family trees, their conquests, how many shits they took in a day, but neglected to put into any writing how they built the only things that has lasted to this day? yeah, ok.
Did I mention lizardmen or was that another thread?
Anyways, I said they were able to build these things because that is ALL that they had to do. I built a house once by myself in just over 2 months. Literally EVERYTHING and all the trades except the HVAC because it was crucial I built it and it is all I had to do. I didn't turn on the radio, or watch TV or take lunch breaks or go out to dinner. I work and slept. It wasn't a large house but it was 10 years ago and the guy that funded it still gets $800 a month to this day for the 2 bedroom 1 bath house. It was paid off including interest and taxes from those rental profits last year and now it is mostly all profit.

Anyways, shit done thousands of years ago used real materials. Did you know concrete for example was used back then but they used volcanic ash and other "rare" things that are not all that rare but if used today, would be depleted in probably days due to the amount used worldwide daily. Silicas and other bonding materials used today in common applications work ok, but only last decades or at best a century or two. Done really shitty they collapse in 5 days apparently even in Florida. It is prohibitive today because of cost and regulations and supply. Back then there was no real cost. It was obtaining a source and depleting it all while making something impressive. Today you are also restricted by labor and cost where as back then deals were made. You need 5000 men for 50 years? Give me your 5 best elephants and some of those nice necklaces.

Everything was perfectly engineered! Well of course. You had 3 dozen scholars on site 24/7 for years.

We can go round and around.
It was unlimited man power, endless job time, no cost worry and all available resources.
Still quite impressive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is this a fun thread or a not fun thread?

I want to believe aliens are real and I've always been interested in cryptids
cryptids are like bigfoot and nessie? man id like to think that was true, but i dunno, everyone has some form of camera on them at all times. it got so bad with all the non sightings that they declared Nessie must have died!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
We can't explain X, therefore aliens/ghosts/bigfoot. You actually need POSITIVE evidence for these things, not just a handful of unexplained events where you try and infer them. This is my problem with all this stuff, the default position isn't UFO's are actually aliens. The default position is: we don't know.

Pops

I used to love the old Discovery/History channel shows.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
cryptids are like bigfoot and nessie? man id like to think that was true, but i dunno, everyone has some form of camera on them at all times. it got so bad with all the non sightings that they declared Nessie must have died!

Well sightings of actual aliens has decreased significantly since the invention of the cell phone camera so i'm sure it's the same way with cryptids.

Grey aliens and abduction stories are one of the few things that truly give me the willies, The thought of some super technological race using you as a lab rat and that we are on the same level as a mouse when compared to them freaks me out.

I also like to think there are some large dinosaur like creatures living in a lake in the amazon or some shit that we have never seen.

• 2Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
I used to love History/Discovery, even the weird stuff (particularly the weird stuff), then they went all reality television shows.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well sightings of actual aliens has decreased significantly since the invention of the cell phone camera so i'm sure it's the same way with cryptids.

Grey aliens and abduction stories are one of the few things that truly give me the willies, The thought of some super technological race using you as a lab rat and that we are on the same level as a mouse when compared to them freaks me out.

I also like to think there are some large dinosaur like creatures living in a lake in the amazon or some shit that we have never seen.
i think its possible that there are species that are thought extinct still chilling out in remote parts of the world. i think it gets less possible the larger the species. so a big honking t-rex or samsquanch is probably not alive. but its not impossible

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
that stupid fucking TV show really did a good job at poisoning people's minds on the subject of ancient civilizations. if you ask any questions, the herp derpers rush in and call you a flat earth ancient alien believer.

This

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we underestimate what a large labor force and persistence can build these days.

Across the middle east there are thousands of Qanats (underground tunnels dug under a hill to extract ground water), some are tens of miles long and built with an accurate and gentle slope. They're very narrow so they wouldn't even be able to work at the rock face with more than one or two people at a time, so its just persistence at work here. Some of these things date back to the Iron Age and still provide water today.

1522912601295.jpg

There's also many shipping canals dug entirely by hand, including one 1100 miles long in China that had a labor force in the millions.
Grand Canal (China) - Wikipedia

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I linked a papyrus above that references moving stone for the Great Pyramid. Ancient Egypt lasted for thousands of years, of the limited written sources that still exist it'd be difficult to get something for one specific event. Especially when it's on the older side of it's history (Valley of the Kings was like 1000 years later, Cleopatra was another 1000 years on). It's an unimaginable amount of time.

If you don't think that Lizardman or Aliens built it, what's your theory? You seem to be on the "there's no way they built that" side, but maybe I am wrong.

the pyramids werent just doodles in the ground, you understand this, right? they were the highest buildings on earth up until a hundred years ago. you also understand they were built not on the ground but on a network of tunnels that extend throughout the complex.

No they weren't. Lincoln Cathedral in England beat The Great Pyramid in 1311, they were routinely building taller (and more intricate) things in Medevial Europe out of stone. Not just Europe either, there's things like Angkor Wat in Cambodia too which is a similar date and size. It's not like you need modern tech to make something like that.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
i think its possible that there are species that are thought extinct still chilling out in remote parts of the world. i think it gets less possible the larger the species. so a big honking t-rex or samsquanch is probably not alive. but its not impossible

Gigantopithecus. It was alive in Asia the same time people were. People cross over and tell tells over the generations of them, tales live on today. I don't think it's any coincidence that the most prevalent myths of sasquatch are from the west coast. Are there some alive today? Probably not....sure, maybe....but no. Not really.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gigantopithecus. It was alive in Asia the same time people were. People cross over and tell tells over the generations of them, tales live on today. I don't think it's any coincidence that the most prevalent myths of sasquatch are from the west coast. Are there some alive today? Probably not....sure, maybe....but no. Not really.
its a nice fantasy that somewhere out in the woods a giant apeman is still kicking it old school. but is he? i would say no, in today's world of enthusiasts searching for samsquanches armed with cell phone cameras and trail cams, the lack of any evidence at all is pretty definitive. still though, the species may still be around in some cave up in the Yukon or Nepal. but yeah, most likely not. the only people who find bigfoots every week are those clods on cable. they find bigfoots and then they go to a different town the next week and find some more. its amazing!