The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The problem is the jump in logic. "Gold has applications in space travel" is a hell of a long way from "Our civilization was enslaved by aliens in order to mine gold for them until some point where they flew away without a trace except for one guy carved something into a rock that looks a little bit like a space ship from a 50's sci-fi show."

Hrm, that raises an interesting question. So, we still have gold, so they weren't after that, but what if they were after something that we don't have? The periodic table has elements that don't occur in nature...what if they were all used up and that's why they don't?

What applications could they be used for? We don't know because we don't have a large enough supply to make it feasible to search for industrial applications. But, what if one of these elements is the "dilithium crystals" used to power warp drive in star trek?

This is dumb. Fuck you guys for even making me consider it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

it just doesn't make any sense. Anything that could be mined on Earth, could be mined from the sun, comets, other planets of larger size, etc, easier.

water and people are the only two things remotely rare, and we are pretty sure water is not that rare either.
Harvesting people doesn't make alot of sense, because any space faring species would almost certainly have a problem with overpopulation in the first place. Basically the only reason to grab people would be the intergalactic zoo/conservation idea. Which could actually be a thing. because for that, all that would be needed, would be for them to come, watch for a bit to learn eating/behaviors, then grab a few people, and leave. We wouldn't ever even know it happened. there would be no evidence of such an event left behind.

Earth is easier for US to mine, because we are already here, and evolved to live here. A spare faring species that evolved somewhere ELSE, wouldnt find Earth somehow better to mine then Jupiter.
although, I suppose you could argue this space faring species did mine mars, jupiter, etc... stole all their unobtanium as well. maybe Mars did have water 5k years ago before the aliens took it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
far more likely humans were a delicacy and the mining gold was a way to get us muscly and wiry cause that's the consistency they liked while consuming us

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
maybe Mars did have water 5k years ago before the aliens took it!

That would explain the 50 light year long garden hose that the Curiosity rover high centered on.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Tangentially related to the current derail: A few months ago I couldn't stop thinking about what it'd be like to live on a terraformed Moon or Mars. The more I read about all the wild ideas people have come up with to accomplish it, though, the more convinced I became that the technology is extremely unlikely to be discovered in my life time. It seems like the biggest hurdle we have to overcome is maintaining an atmosphere on a planet that doesn't have enough mass/gravity to sustain one. If I remember right, the Moon's mass/gravity is so small/weak that an Earth-like atmosphere today would be completely gone within millennia.

This chart is a tidy little summary of that concept:

1524103036575.png

Edit: To tie this back in to the previous post - it's extremely likely that Mars did have oceans for a certain period... and then solar winds literally blew all the water vapor out into space because the escape velocity on Mars is low enough to allow that to happen.

Caliane

how much mass did Mars lose when the aliens stole all its gold and water?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Now, I don't think any past civilisation managed to reach a level of technological sophistication that we have.

Sorry but you're wrong seeing as how their accomplishments exceed what even modern technology is capable of. So not only was there a technological sophistication that reached what we have but it surpasses it. The angels of the Bible aka the gods of all ancient civilizations, are the ones who built these things. There is simply no other possibility since humans alone could not have accomplished what was done. Just look at the thousands of statues and such made of diorite which is the 2nd hardest material on the entire planet only being surpassed by diamonds. The precision of these statues matches that of modern day lasers.

• 1Worf

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Sorry but you're wrong seeing as how their accomplishments exceed what even modern technology is capable of. So not only was there a technological sophistication that reached what we have but it surpasses it. The angels of the Bible aka the gods of all ancient civilizations, are the ones who built these things. There is simply no other possibility since humans alone could not have accomplished what was done. Just look at the thousands of statues and such made of diorite which is the 2nd hardest material on the entire planet only being surpassed by diamonds. The precision of these statues matches that of modern day lasers.

Hmm try again.. diorite is only 5.5-6 on the MOHS scale...

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Hmm try again.. diorite is only 5.5-6 on the MOHS scale...

Well technically diorite isn't a mineral and the MOHS scale does not work on it.

"One needs to be careful when using the Moh's mineral hardness scale on rocks. Diorite has feldspar, pyroxene and/or amphibole, and possibly quartz and biotite in it. You can get different values for each of those minerals (2.5 to 7 depending on what you're testing).

Use rock hardness values with caution. Technically, its the wrong scale to use on rocks."

It's considered an extremely hard material and is extremely difficult to work with. Yet there are ancient carvings of diorite that are virtually flawless. Literally impossible without highly advanced technology.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The biggest mistake I see with people arguing about ancient technology is that people think you are saying (and maybe you are) that simply because they figured out how to cut perfectly cubes in rock, that every damn thing they did surpassed ours. So you lose people because they’re thinking “yeah right these motherfuckers were walking around with iPads”. You just have to argue that there were certain methods or technologies that were more advanced than ours. And by technologies you mean “they could stain glass or cut rocks and we can’t do it that well”. It’s simply lost knowledge, because we obviously did not excel at storing knowledge.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The biggest mistake I see with people arguing about ancient technology is that people think you are saying (and maybe you are) that simply because they figured out how to cut perfectly cubes in rock, that every damn thing they did surpassed ours. So you lose people because they’re thinking “yeah right these motherfuckers were walking around with iPads”. You just have to argue that there were certain methods or technologies that were more advanced than ours. And by technologies you mean “they could stain glass or cut rocks and we can’t do it that well”. It’s simply lost knowledge, because we obviously did not excel at storing knowledge.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that it's literally physically impossible to do what they did without technology that isn't highly advanced. There is no possible technique that can circumvent the physical laws of the universe. Hence the controversy. Therefor there has to be another explanation of which the only possible one is that other beings were on Earth that possessed such capabilities because it's literally impossible for humans to have done what they did at the era they supposedly did it.

• 1Worf

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You don't seem to grasp the fact that it's literally physically impossible to do what they did without technology that isn't highly advanced. There is no possible technique that can circumvent the physical laws of the universe. Hence the controversy. Therefor there has to be another explanation of which the only possible one is that other beings were on Earth that possessed such capabilities because it's literally impossible for humans to have done what they did at the era they supposedly did it.
Raugh

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I was talking to everyone in this thread except for you, I should have clarified.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, i'm not like that. i would be happy if it was proven that civilization is around 50-75k years old and all these "impossible" structures were figured out and built using other (non magic, non ALIENS!) methods over the course of that time period. The Younger Dryas wiped those ancient cultures out and what was left forgot how to be awesome over time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This was awesome and so we're the rest of this guy's videos. I ended up staying awake for another 4 hours because of that rabbit hole.

You have anything else like this that you enjoyed?
not as well produced or as grounded in reality, but i can give you a good sample of the others i watch.

Brian Foerster
dude gives tours to all these places so you can see for yourself how awesome the ancient world is

Bright Insight
dude is an Iraq war veteran who got intrigued with ancient culture while deployed. he goes off the rails sometimes.

CFApps
not as entertaining as the others. guy uses google earth to find lost pyramids and other ancient structures. its VERY informative. but a bit boring.

ZEG TV
this is just an aggregate of different presentations about ancient civilizations. some of them are very remarkable, while others are just complete jokes.

oh, and this guy
Charles Kos
dude is straight up bananas, but has some good points and he's really funny at times. intentional or unintentional, im not sure of.

• 1Like

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Well technically diorite isn't a mineral and the MOHS scale does not work on it.

"One needs to be careful when using the Moh's mineral hardness scale on rocks. Diorite has feldspar, pyroxene and/or amphibole, and possibly quartz and biotite in it. You can get different values for each of those minerals (2.5 to 7 depending on what you're testing).

Use rock hardness values with caution. Technically, its the wrong scale to use on rocks."

It's considered an extremely hard material and is extremely difficult to work with. Yet there are ancient carvings of diorite that are virtually flawless. Literally impossible without highly advanced technology.

So even at 7 its still not the "2nd hardest material on the entire planet " Thanks for finding a quote that proved your comment was wrong though. I was hoping for a challenge :( lol

• 2Like