The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
One of my fav channels Top 5s just dropped this today. if you got 3 hours to kill.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Chukzombi Chukzombi
Fuckin Wild

Screenshot_20200418-120126_YouTube.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Modern England
FiledWall-Bott.jpg

Dry Stone Walling

It's just an efficient way to build walls if you use the existing shape of the rock rather than standardise the shape/size.

Now shepherds in the UK don't give a shit how pretty it looks so it's quite rustic, but literally the entire British countryside is crisscrossed with these things diving up farmer's property.

The ancient ones above DID care about how it looked but didn't have the tech to easily standardise the shape/size so they just smoothed them out, it does seem like they had the tech to move them though.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
ancient egypt
YVeMwBC_Qv_KdYNk_iWoyBD2rQXtG-fzDRBhsueR52RCX210EusMlQpCd0oBodvakDQrbVDn5RZXAw=s1066-nd

ancient Peru
f5d5cd87a415f47ca49c70f84002dc03.jpg

ancient Japan
osaka-castle-japan.png

ancient Easter Island
c76543d0b45d53d4ac81ed546b5f3e7f.jpg
I mean it’s fun to think about, but I think Occam’s razor points towards walls are a universal structure and stacking complementary shaped rocks together is much less effort than making big rocks into smaller, uniform rocks. I’ll entertain the idea that the technique was distributed by a single origin, but that doesn’t imply that the walls were constructed simultaneously or by the same civilization.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I mean it’s fun to think about, but I think Occam’s razor points towards walls are a universal structure and stacking complementary shaped rocks together is much less effort than making big rocks into smaller, uniform rocks. I’ll entertain the idea that the technique was distributed by a single origin, but that doesn’t imply that the walls were constructed simultaneously or by the same civilization.
*watches Chuk zerg the thread*

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Modern England
FiledWall-Bott.jpg

Dry Stone Walling

It's just an efficient way to build walls if you use the existing shape of the rock rather than standardise the shape/size.

Now shepherds in the UK don't give a shit how pretty it looks so it's quite rustic, but literally the entire British countryside is crisscrossed with these things diving up farmer's property.

The ancient ones above DID care about how it looked but didn't have the tech to easily standardise the shape/size so they just smoothed them out, it does seem like they had the tech to move them though.
thats some shit tier wall building, they are also a completely diferent manner of construction. lacking any polygonal form whatsoever. the ploygonal construction isnt just "pretty", its an effective method of earthquake proofing.

its really not a universal structure, its a very specific method of construction. occam's razor would have mud bricks of the same size mold being produced. these ancient examples are hard stones shaped to fit other carfully shaped stones for a very fine joinery. completely different things than what we have now and they were far superior to what we use now.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
edited, because there’s no point in singling out one idiot from the pack.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users