The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"West contends that what is being seen in the video is actually infrared glare that hides a hot object behind it and only rotates in the way it does because the camera rotates when tracking the target from left to right.

He says that his video does not address the object itself as it’s not clear what the object is and there is nothing to say that it isn’t special or exemplary in some way. He just argues that his analysis shows that it isn’t actually exhibiting any incredible behavior and opens the door to other “mundane possibilities” like a distance small jet just flying away and the heat of the engines is what is creating a large glare on the thermal camera."
Cool simulation: Metabunk Gimbal Simulator

tl;dw: This is from the 2014 video, the pilot is heard saying "it's rotating" but he was several miles away and the only reason he thought it was rotating, allegedly per the video above, is that the object was creating a ton of glare in the IR pod and the rotation seen in the video is the pod's gimbals rotating. He makes a very compelling case to me, but we still don't know what the object actually was.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Cool simulation: Metabunk Gimbal Simulator

tl;dw: This is from the 2014 video, the pilot is heard saying "it's rotating" but he was several miles away and the only reason he thought it was rotating, allegedly per the video above, is that the object was creating a ton of glare in the IR pod and the rotation seen in the video is the pod's gimbals rotating. He makes a very compelling case to me, but we still don't know what the object actually was.
Star Wars No GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I stopped watching Kurzgesagt when they dropped the video about us all being reincarnations of Hitler.
I don't remember that one. They've definitely mixed in a few things the past couple years that made me not follow them as much...but would it really be so bad if we were all reincarnations of Hitler???

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't remember that one. They've definitely mixed in a few things the past couple years that made me not follow them as much...but would it really be so bad if we were all reincarnations of Hitler???

I've seen the some people here support Nazis if they are talking about immigration or LGBT but hate Nazis if they are talking about Ukraine or CEO pay.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That makes no sense. If they're here, then they know our government knows they're here, and has known, for a long time. The fact that our govt is starting to make some information available to the public doesn't change what our govt has known or has been planning, doesn't change what the others have known they know. Lol @ acting like 50 years to prepare "countermeasures" is going to do squat against tech that is essentially magic to us and likely thousands of years more advanced.

Either they're non-hostile (which makes the most sense), or we're gone. Don't worry about the latter, its out of our control.
The only place we know of with that's produced intelligent life is earth and modern humans have been kicking it for 250-300k in terms of fossils as much as 800k years using the genetic record. With the correct societal forces you're maybe 200-300 years from stone age culture to something that can build modern technology. The old kingdom granite artifacts in Egypt are really something else and have clear markings of advanced tooling. They had some sort of metal saw that could cut very hard granite into very delicate objects and produce massive statues. They could produce objects that are so perfectly cut we had difficulty producing these until recently. Everything they produced after the old kingdom was a poor imitation and was made with completely different tools.

There is clear evidence of major catastrophes would of destroyed the river deltas where humans thrive multiple times over our existence. Glaciers and flood pulses would of stripped away any evidence that these former cultures existed. Occam's razer here is UAPs are probably an advanced human civilization that stays hidden from us. Whether they resemble us in anyway after thousands of years of advanced technology is another subject entirely.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The only place we know of with that's produced intelligent life is earth and modern humans have been kicking it for 250-300k in terms of fossils as much as 800k years using the genetic record. With the correct societal forces you're maybe 200-300 years from stone age culture to something that can build modern technology. The old kingdom granite artifacts in Egypt are really something else and have clear markings of advanced tooling. They had some sort of metal saw that could cut very hard granite into very delicate objects and produce massive statues. They could produce objects that are so perfectly cut we had difficulty producing these until recently. Everything they produced after the old kingdom was a poor imitation and was made with completely different tools.

There is clear evidence of major catastrophes would of destroyed the river deltas where humans thrive multiple times over our existence. Glaciers and flood pulses would of stripped away any evidence that these former cultures existed. Occam's razer here is UAPs are probably an advanced human civilization that stays hidden from us. Whether they resemble us in anyway after thousands of years of advanced technology is another subject entirely.
lol no, while I agree with your assertion that there are likely many unknown, lost ancient civilizations, Occams razor clearly points to a different conclusion than you've reached about UFOs.

its all made up, 100%. Not even convincingly. Not even the kind of thing where you come away thinking at least the person talking about it, actually believes it. The average adam's apple, 5 oclock shadow tranny is more convincing than the shit UFO believers put forth as "evidence".

Its a funny troll game, not a real thing. Its like the "birds arent real" meme. Its all for lulz.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol no, while I agree with your assertion that there are likely many unknown, lost ancient civilizations, Occams razor clearly points to a different conclusion than you've reached about UFOs.

its all made up, 100%. Not even convincingly. Not even the kind of thing where you come away thinking at least the person talking about it, actually believes it. The average adam's apple, 5 oclock shadow tranny is more convincing than the shit UFO believers put forth as "evidence".

Its a funny troll game, not a real thing. Its like the "birds arent real" meme. Its all for lulz.
We'll have to agree to disagree. When I really dove into the subject there was a great amount of evidence that some sort of advanced intelligence is operating on the planet that doesn't originate from our civilization. I came at this as a skeptic that was convinced it was bullshit and I was really blown away by how many things you have to ignore to come to the conclusion they aren't real. I'm not going to pretend like I know anything for sure about who they are or what they want but it's difficult to deny they're there.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
there was a great amount of evidence that some sort of advanced intelligence is operating on the planet that doesn't originate from our civilization.
eh - theres a huge amount of unknowns. Mysteries. Shit we don't understand. The default starting position in the universe is "I don't know shit" and for 99.99999+% of the universe - including our own history - we're still at that stage.

Actual evidence of a non-human intelligence anywhere in the universe? no. Just shit we don't understand that people like to weave into big stories.

If there was evidence this thread wouldnt exist, instead there would be a thread talking about the evidence.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

If you include fossilized footprints it's 6.2 million years. I'm not agreeing it's aliens is anything if the sort. If there is something advanced it's probably just us or a divergent path of us.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we have no proof aliens have ever existed on, in or above Earth. little blurry lights in the sky isnt proof. thats not staying hidden either. the mysterious techology ancient cultures used to produce megalithic masterpieces we cant duplicate today is still a mystery, but mystery doesnt = Aliens.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike