The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bro, I can tell you how every single crop circle ever came to be.

chappelles show dancing GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Acoustic Levitation is real - just no one knows how to magnify it to the extent thats needed in order lift objects as heavy as the theory would suggest from ancient times. Its one of those things like the Mayan pyramid up above. Plenty of ancient structures have been found to greatly enhance and carry sound - but were they just used for an auditorium effect or does the theory that they used Acoustic Levitation to lift 100's of tonnes have any merit? We'll never know until we can do it ourselves I guess.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No, they did not lift rocks with musical instruments.

But ok, let's say that I believe they could somehow levitate a multi-ton rock all the way up like that. As stated, acoustic levitation is definitely real, so one might theorize that it could be scaled up. I'm skeptical that it wouldn't have a hard limit (based on real shit like frequencies, wavelengths, etc.) substantially lower than what would be needed to lift a rock that large, but let's say it is and that somehow I took crazy pills today and believe it.

What I want to know is, why would it take time to "ramp up" as he claimed the monks did with the rock? And why would the rock take so long to ascend? The acoustics don't need time to work up to lifting it, it just happens when the right conditions are in effect. Sound waves aren't constantly struggling to lift it, they either do or they don't. And they aren't reflecting them off the vertical wall a certain number of times before they can finally lift the object, because they'd have to likely do immense calculations every time they did a different rock. Unless they moved each rock to exactly the right spot.

That's ignoring how they get it to arc onto the desired spot at the top like that without moving every instrument and/or changing the frequencies precisely. Notice how the pebbles simply floated vertically. They didn't slowly rise, they didn't keep rising, they didn't move sideways...they just floated. You could clearly move the pebbles by moving the emitters, but this is a big rock and dozens of musicians in precise spots playing precise music. To get it to arc like that would require changing either notes or positions on the fly perfectly. Which also invalidates any claims that maybe it takes a few minutes to lift because they are struggling to mesh the instruments perfectly to find exactly the right sound, because if they can fucking arc it, they can get started faster than several minutes too.

Gosh, I'm shocked that the film was confiscated. Perhaps one of the most revolutionary claims of the century, and some shitty boss won't let it be released!! If only we could see those. Alas. Woe is me.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No, they did not lift rocks with musical instruments.

But ok, let's say that I believe they could somehow levitate a multi-ton rock all the way up like that. As stated, acoustic levitation is definitely real, so one might theorize that it could be scaled up. I'm skeptical that it wouldn't have a hard limit (based on real shit like frequencies, wavelengths, etc.) substantially lower than what would be needed to lift a rock that large, but let's say it is and that somehow I took crazy pills today and believe it.

What I want to know is, why would it take time to "ramp up" as he claimed the monks did with the rock? And why would the rock take so long to ascend? The acoustics don't need time to work up to lifting it, it just happens when the right conditions are in effect. Sound waves aren't constantly struggling to lift it, they either do or they don't. And they aren't reflecting them off the vertical wall a certain number of times before they can finally lift the object, because they'd have to likely do immense calculations every time they did a different rock. Unless they moved each rock to exactly the right spot.

That's ignoring how they get it to arc onto the desired spot at the top like that without moving every instrument and/or changing the frequencies precisely. Notice how the pebbles simply floated vertically. They didn't slowly rise, they didn't keep rising, they didn't move sideways...they just floated. You could clearly move the pebbles by moving the emitters, but this is a big rock and dozens of musicians in precise spots playing precise music. To get it to arc like that would require changing either notes or positions on the fly perfectly. Which also invalidates any claims that maybe it takes a few minutes to lift because they are struggling to mesh the instruments perfectly to find exactly the right sound, because if they can fucking arc it, they can get started faster than several minutes too.

Gosh, I'm shocked that the film was confiscated. Perhaps one of the most revolutionary claims of the century, and some shitty boss won't let it be released!! If only we could see those. Alas. Woe is me.
If it's a human (or group of humans) generating the tone it may take time for everyone to become perfectly in tune with each other. Even slight differences in pitch would fuck it up.

But I haven't actually read about the modern tech or theories so I have no idea if that's what they did

Precise unchanging tones are an invention of modern electronics.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If it's a human (or group of humans) generating the tone it may take time for everyone to become perfectly in tune with each other. Even slight differences in pitch would fuck it up.

But I haven't actually read about the modern tech or theories so I have no idea if that's what they did

Precise unchanging tones are an invention of modern electronics.
Then it is a good thing that I addressed that in my original post!
To get it to arc like that would require changing either notes or positions on the fly perfectly. Which also invalidates any claims that maybe it takes a few minutes to lift because they are struggling to mesh the instruments perfectly to find exactly the right sound, because if they can fucking arc it, they can get started faster than several minutes too.

• 1Like