MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Trust the alien plan
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think if humans were to do von N probes they would be all mechanical with silicon thinkers. The vague rumours of the UFO stuff seems like they replace the thinking bits with biological smarts. Would that affect the overall strategy?

Like for us, we'd build a fully automated factory capable of making copies of itself as well as mining drones. We'd fire that off on a 100 kiloyear trip to the nearest star. On the way it would constantly observe the new star's outer bodies looking for metal and gravity sources to slow down. We'd park at a metal rich object and start making copies, looking for volatiles to drag over for fuel.

Would a biological oriented tech do the same? Maybe they would be able to grow biological stuff just from carbonaceous objects? I think we've observed amino acids in asteroids.

Or would they need to hit up the Goldilocks zone for materials? They might even use a flyby object like Omuamua to beam information back to the factory. We'd never make planetary resources work, not with our feeble ion thrusters. We would need way better propulsion tech.

I think Omuamua was probably the best candidate for a mothership fly-by that we've seen in our lifetimes.

*waits for someone to pop up and "acktually" this*

UFOs and their pilots might well be silicon-based. Hell they could all be clones of some source entity. Being silicon-based would explain a lot.

I've been thinking for a long time that if these are advanced extraterrestrials, they might be able to alter genetics and do "biological construction" AKA creation, but just being dispassionate silicon-based long-lifespan'd drones makes more sense for exploratory missions.

Whether they're biological or silicon I still think they were drawn here by our setting off 2053 nuclear bombs over 75 years, emitting heat signatures, radiation signatures, and distinctive double-flashes visible from pretty far away. To a distant observer we looked like we were engaged in a big, high-tech war.

(Like the kind that probably destroyed Mars but I'm not even gonna go there lest the "nuh-uh" and "acktually" people roll in)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I feel attacked!

Seriously though, I am totally on board with speculating about crazy shit, I really am. I love thinking up what ifs. But you seem like you're starting to get pretty defensive about it, which leads me to believe you put a lot of stock in the possibility of your theories being correct, or at least partially correct, more than just "wouldn't it be cool if?" type conversations. And it feels like you are getting exasperated when people don't immediately jump on board a theory like this one about a prior civilization on Mars exterminating itself, and Earth being the remnants of that civilization, which let's be honest, would require a lot more proof than is currently available before most people started to consider it, wouldn't you agree?

I honestly don't want anyone here besides MFF to feel attacked (hah, got'eem) about stuff that is said here, but you gotta hear what you are saying too, you know?

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I was watching some people giving testimony about getting abducted. Some of these people seemed genuinely traumatized from the experience. Got me thinking about what’s going through Harambe the gorillas head when we dart him to take out a cavity or stick a tracker up his ass.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I feel attacked!

Seriously though, I am totally on board with speculating about crazy shit, I really am. I love thinking up what ifs. But you seem like you're starting to get pretty defensive about it, which leads me to believe you put a lot of stock in the possibility of your theories being correct, or at least partially correct, more than just "wouldn't it be cool if?" type conversations. And it feels like you are getting exasperated when people don't immediately jump on board a theory like this one about a prior civilization on Mars exterminating itself, and Earth being the remnants of that civilization, which let's be honest, would require a lot more proof than is currently available before most people started to consider it, wouldn't you agree?

I honestly don't want anyone here besides MFF to feel attacked (hah, got'eem) about stuff that is said here, but you gotta hear what you are saying too, you know?

Wait are you talking about me? I wasn't attacking you at all. I'd just gotten out of the Ancient Civs thread where I got "Acktually"d to death over things that nobody can actually confirm/deny, so I was making a general comment, didn't even have you in mind.

I'm not exasperated at all, just tired of people dismissing things that we can't really dismiss, same way we can't confirm them. Not sure how much stock I have in my theories, especially because some of them conflict with each other so they can't all be right.

I do think there's a good chance Mars blew itself up. Whether or not that's connected to ancient humans being advanced because they were the remnants, or if life on Earth was completely independent from whatever happened on Mars, I don't know. Mars' death might pre-date Earth's earliest humans by more than is feasibly possible for them to be remotely connected. Depends on who you ask though, and until we get excavations going on Mars we might never know if there's anything to any of it.

If anything, all I do here is play "wouldn't it be cool if?" scenarios, and sometimes I have people get super-defensive in response like they've got a personal stake in trying to disprove what is usually a wild hypothetical.

Kind of funny that you thought I was going after you and kind of shredded me in response. It's all good though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm not exasperated at all, just tired of people dismissing things that we can't really dismiss, same way we can't confirm them.

I do think there's a good chance Mars blew itself up.
It's fun to speculate but it has to have some sort of basis in fact to be interesting, otherwise it's just creative writing.

Also you need to move on if there is obvious debunking.

Like you just claimed that "there's a good chance Mars blew itself up" out of nothing. I bet if a geologist told you that there's good evidence it's been like that for millions of years, you'd be upset and say that they can't prove that humans didn't migrate from there 10k years ago.

What I know is that planets need to spin to stimulate the weather and a strong magnetic field to keep the atomosphere/stop radiation.

Venus lacks the spin and Mars lacks the magnetic field, so they are dead worlds. But the good news is that we have three planets that could have developed life, one being perfect and two not being too far off. That drastically increases the chances of there being other habitable planets.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wait are you talking about me? I wasn't attacking you at all. I'd just gotten out of the Ancient Civs thread where I got "Acktually"d to death over things that nobody can actually confirm/deny, so I was making a general comment, didn't even have you in mind.

I'm not exasperated at all, just tired of people dismissing things that we can't really dismiss, same way we can't confirm them. Not sure how much stock I have in my theories, especially because some of them conflict with each other so they can't all be right.

I do think there's a good chance Mars blew itself up. Whether or not that's connected to ancient humans being advanced because they were the remnants, or if life on Earth was completely independent from whatever happened on Mars, I don't know. Mars' death might pre-date Earth's earliest humans by more than is feasibly possible for them to be remotely connected. Depends on who you ask though, and until we get excavations going on Mars we might never know if there's anything to any of it.

If anything, all I do here is play "wouldn't it be cool if?" scenarios, and sometimes I have people get super-defensive in response like they've got a personal stake in trying to disprove what is usually a wild hypothetical.

Kind of funny that you thought I was going after you and kind of shredded me in response. It's all good though.
My "I feel attacked!" was in jest. I knew you were talking about the Ancient Civs thread, but I also know that I am undoubtedly viewed as a "nuh uh" guy around here, as you called it. I didn't think you were attacking me directly at all, so maybe I shouldn't have put that in my post, but I did feel like I could be lumped into that group at some point too. My only thing was that you seemed pretty exasperated about people not taking your theories as seriously as you wanted them to. But maybe I read too much into that too, and you were just a little fed up at that moment, and that's understandable.

I have no beef with you either, so I apologize for the misunderstanding. That fucking MFF guy though!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's going to be very disappointing if this all just goes dark again and there's no closure on this giant cock tease.

• 1Like