The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If they were clearly so superior in ancient long lost knowledge, or had some aliens showing them shit, why did they not show them the simple art of making concrete. Or MOLDING fucking blocks in place instead of carving them from mountanis or quarrys, then transporting them for miles?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If they were clearly so superior in ancient long lost knowledge, or had some aliens showing them shit, why did they not show them the simple art of making concrete. Or MOLDING fucking blocks in place instead of carving them from mountanis or quarrys, then transporting them for miles?
there is a theory, not one i believe(i do find it interesting though), that says many of these ancient sites did use concrete, some ancient geopolymer.
0jNoG7c.jpg

those nodules are supposed to be where the "cement" was poured. they are found at other sites around the world and there isnt much explanation for them.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What, in your opinion, is the most impressive example of these ancient structures that would necessitate a power greater than ancient humans to manage? Would you say it's carving out these blocks, transporting them, raising them or setting them?

Hard to say since they're basically all impossible but I'd have to go with transporting them being easily the hardest. How do you transport blocks hundreds of miles that even modern day super cranes can barely budge? I don't think people quite grasp how many blocks something like the Great Pyramid is made up of. It's not thousands of blocks, it's MILLIONS. Literally 2+ million individual stones each weighing a MINIMUM of 2 tons. No amount of man power and time could achieve something like that. If it were done with manpower alone, they'd literally still be in the process of carving and transporting the stones to this day.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
after 10,000 years, how many Makitas and Iphones will still be around?

We know all about trilobites that went extinct 250 million years ago but only 10000 years ago somehow there was an advanced society of intelligent beings that spanned the globe which we know absolutely nothing about except that they could move and shape rocks really well and actually built all the ancient architecture that has been credited to later cultures that we know a lot about?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to say since they're basically all impossible but I'd have to go with transporting them being easily the hardest. How do you transport blocks hundreds of miles that even modern day super cranes can barely budge? I don't think people quite grasp how many blocks something like the Great Pyramid is made up of. It's not thousands of blocks, it's MILLIONS. Literally 2+ million individual stones each weighing a MINIMUM of 2 tons. No amount of man power and time could achieve something like that. If it were done with manpower alone, they'd literally still be in the process of carving and transporting the stones to this day.

Except on the last page there is a theory that explains exactly how it could be done with the technology of the day using magic, err I mean water.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We know all about trilobites that went extinct 250 million years ago but only 10000 years ago somehow there was an advanced society of intelligent beings that spanned the globe which we know absolutely nothing about except that they could move and shape rocks really well and actually built all the ancient architecture that has been credited to later cultures that we know a lot about?
the theory is that they had been around for tens of thousands of years and were massively diminished ten thousand or so years ago due to the Younger Dryas event. mankind has been rediscovering tech ever since. i'm not saying thats what happened, i'm saying thats the theory. but i do think something did happen and those ancient stone structures are all that remains of a civilization(s) more advanced than we believe them to be.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I love reading about ancient and modern conspiracy theories but pretty much all of them are fun bullshit.

I love how ancient aliens came through the vastness of space on some sort of hyperdrive in presumably metal ships and then started practicing building stone block pyramids in Egypt, from the little shitty ones that are falling apart all the way up to the big ones. Or alternativly Atlantis was this world spanning civilisation which inexplicably built step pyramids in the Americas, smooth pyramids in Egypt and stone circles in Europe. The only reason why they are not claiming that aliens built the Cathedrals of Europe is because paper had been invented and there's a historical record of everything that happened in their construction.

All the UFOs were just secret government aircraft. It's not a coincidence that you had saucer shapes UFOs in the 40s and 50s when they had the operation paperclip scientists trying to make use of experimental nazi designs, cigar shaped UFOs in the 60s and 70s when they were sending those spyplanes over russia/china and triangle shaped UFOs in the 80s and 90s when they were testing stealth bombers. Oh and fuck all in the 00s now everyone has a personal camera (same with ghosts).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
All the UFOs were just secret government aircraft. It's not a coincidence that you had saucer shapes UFOs in the 40s and 50s when they had the operation paperclip scientists trying to make use of experimental nazi designs, cigar shaped UFOs in the 60s and 70s when they were sending those spyplanes over russia/china and triangle shaped UFOs in the 80s and 90s when they were testing stealth bombers. Oh and fuck all in the 00s now everyone has a personal camera (same with ghosts).

I guess you're completely unaware of the fact that UFO's appear in artwork and historical records dating back MUCH further than the 1900's.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Water shaft theory explains it pretty well. I'm not sure how academically accepted it is though. But the Pyramids were in a really unique location allowing for a mega-structure. Most other ancient large structures were much smaller due to needing gravity tools to move things.

True or not, that is awesome.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love reading about ancient and modern conspiracy theories but pretty much all of them are fun bullshit.

I love how ancient aliens came through the vastness of space on some sort of hyperdrive in presumably metal ships and then started practicing building stone block pyramids in Egypt, from the little shitty ones that are falling apart all the way up to the big ones. Or alternativly Atlantis was this world spanning civilisation which inexplicably built step pyramids in the Americas, smooth pyramids in Egypt and stone circles in Europe. The only reason why they are not claiming that aliens built the Cathedrals of Europe is because paper had been invented and there's a historical record of everything that happened in their construction.

Silbury Hill – Europe | Pyramids Everywhere
SilburyHill-GlobalPyramids-Final.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I guess you're completely unaware of the fact that UFO's appear in artwork and historical records dating back MUCH further than the 1900's.
Comets. Meteors. Swamp Gas. Optical Illusions. Insanity. General Ignorance.

What shape are you expecting stone age buildings to be? They can literally only be pyramid or cone shaped once you get above a certain size.

Why do you think that the designs are different in each location? Surely they would all use the superior Egyptain style design?

Oh wait maybe they are all marking fucking leylines all over the Earth for some unknown purpose!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Which you would have to be borderline retarded to believe when you actually view the artwork and read the descriptions of the events occurring. A good portion of the Bible and countless other ancient texts are blatant examples of interactions between highly advanced beings and primitive people.

Rime

<Donor>
I thought we had a thread for Lumi shit and this one was going to be different...

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Which you would have to be borderline retarded to believe when you actually view the artwork and read the descriptions of the events occurring. A good portion of the Bible and countless other ancient texts are blatant examples of interactions between highly advanced beings and primitive people.
Like Harry Potter is clearly about a secret society of wizards operating in the UK. Nothing in fiction can be wrong!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

What shape are you expecting stone age buildings to be? They can literally only be pyramid or cone shaped once you get above a certain size.

Why do you think that the designs are different in each location? Surely they would all use the superior Egyptain style design?

Oh wait maybe they are all marking fucking leylines all over the Earth for some unknown purpose!
???? i was just teasing you that you dont just have rock circles in the UK or Europe. you got all kinds of crazy structures which go back about ten thousand years. hows that bypass that your country plans on building through stonehenge doing? i never looked into leylines, they seem to be everywhere so everything is in line with them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
???? i was just teasing you that you dont just have rock circles in the UK or Europe. you got all kinds of crazy structures which go back about ten thousand years. hows that bypass that your country plans on building through stonehenge doing? i never looked into leylines, they seem to be everywhere so everything is in line with them.
I'd hardly call a mound of earth impressive.

The Bypass seems fine, swapping the existing road for a tunnel? Stonehenge tunnel to follow A303 route

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
As many times as he's said he can cure cancer he sure spreads himself like cancer. Confirmed fraud and charlatan.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users