The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's possible that there was an intelligent bird species that existed before prehistoric man learned to use tools. It's weird that parrots and etc have such strong capacity for language. There were giant species of parrot that went extinct around the same time that prehistoric man rose. A large intelligent communal bird species could have ruled the planet.... Right up until the time that prehistoric man started inventing things like slings and spears. Then man would have easily wiped them out.

Mind, I'm talking like 1-3 million years ago.

An intelligent bird species could communally get a lot done, but due to the limitations of their anatomy their technology would be very limited. Likely they wouldn't have created any structures for archaeologists to unearth or anything like that.
Maybe they are just waiting for us to destroy ourselves. Hell, I bet some are already beginning to celebrate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think there's enough evidence that we had advanced species of hominid that got wiped out.

Australopithecus Robustus was fairly evolved and communal, so they got wiped out by Australopithecus Africanus. Then later you have Neanderthal showing signs of being evolved, peaceful, and communal...so they get wiped out by Cro-Magnon or whoever. Also Denisovans out east, though I think some of their genetics stuck around and made up modern Eastasians. Maybe some Neanderthal stuck around too and affects Northern Europe positively.

I don't know, just spitballing here. I think the smarter varieties of humans have been continuously killed off by the stupider/more violent/more numerous varieties. A sort of pruning that occurs, followed by the stupid varieties wiping themselves out until a better variety emerges from the ruins and rebuilds, only to later repeat the cycle.
Lets just say that Graham Hancocks (and the other guys) theory about the Younger Dryas Event holds true. In that a great catastrophe swept across Northern Africa, through the Middle East and through the lower elevations of Southern Europe. With that, we concluded that there was a civilization in the area - but we barely have any true remnants of it simply because if it was as destructive as they say it was - we would be hard pressed to find a present day civilization if it happened now. Especially if the technology was in fact, archaic.

If you believe all of that, then its easy to believe that Africa hosted a large population of people at one point with a completely different climate. A people that, at the time, were a seafaring people that could sail the world. Then look at the current day cultures surrounding this area, from mud people to arab princes - theyre all incredibly violent cultures that have little to no cultural shame. With a large history of slavery in and around them and their ancestors.

I believe that the majority of the world has went through a colonization event similar to what the Europeans did at least one other time. But this time, the Africans conquered and outright obliterated other cultures around the world. This would include your theory about the other genetic variants of the human species. Imagine Neanderthals, dumb enough not to be technologically advanced, but incredibly strong and easily manipulated. They'd be shipped off to the nearest quarry in mass. Where as your smarter races of people were likely wiped completely the fk out. Or, in the example of White People - they stayed far away from the coast and hid in the mountains.

I think the human race is much older than we have any clue, and that our genetics are only linked to Africa simply because of this event. Similar to Genghis Khan siring thousands of children across the entire continent. Instead, the world had African Colonizers spread their genes across huge areas. (Not all humans carry the genetic markers that come from Africa, which makes that theory fall apart even further and in fact, lends credence to my theory.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lets just say that Graham Hancocks (and the other guys) theory about the Younger Dryas Event holds true. In that a great catastrophe swept across Northern Africa, through the Middle East and through the lower elevations of Southern Europe. With that, we concluded that there was a civilization in the area - but we barely have any true remnants of it simply because if it was as destructive as they say it was - we would be hard pressed to find a present day civilization if it happened now. Especially if the technology was in fact, archaic.

If you believe all of that, then its easy to believe that Africa hosted a large population of people at one point with a completely different climate. A people that, at the time, were a seafaring people that could sail the world. Then look at the current day cultures surrounding this area, from mud people to arab princes - theyre all incredibly violent cultures that have little to no cultural shame. With a large history of slavery in and around them and their ancestors.

I believe that the majority of the world has went through a colonization event similar to what the Europeans did at least one other time. But this time, the Africans conquered and outright obliterated other cultures around the world. This would include your theory about the other genetic variants of the human species. Imagine Neanderthals, dumb enough not to be technologically advanced, but incredibly strong and easily manipulated. They'd be shipped off to the nearest quarry in mass. Where as your smarter races of people were likely wiped completely the fk out. Or, in the example of White People - they stayed far away from the coast and hid in the mountains.

I think the human race is much older than we have any clue, and that our genetics are only linked to Africa simply because of this event. Similar to Genghis Khan siring thousands of children across the entire continent. Instead, the world had African Colonizers spread their genes across huge areas. (Not all humans carry the genetic markers that come from Africa, which makes that theory fall apart even further and in fact, lends credence to my theory.)
Look at what America is capable of as a whole and look at what each individual American is capable of. Same thing could have held true for a pre Dryas civ.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine Neanderthals, dumb enough not to be technologically advanced

Good post except for this, the recent theories are that Neanderthals were stronger AND smarter than homo sapiens, but because of the increased brain and muscle mass there caloric requirements were much higher, making it so they couldn't survive tough times. Sapiens are the coyotes of the human species. They did interbreed with sapiens though.

If we're talking pre pre tinfoil civilization before who knows how many numbers of cataclysms, neaderthals or denisovans are your biggest contenders. The cataclysm being so devastating as to wash away 99.9999% of whatever they left behind (including themselves).

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Good post except for this, the recent theories are that Neanderthals were stronger AND smarter than homo sapiens, but because of the increased brain and muscle mass there caloric requirements were much higher, making it so they couldn't survive tough times. Sapiens are the coyotes of the human species. They did interbreed with sapiens though.
There is also the absolutely obscenely racist fact that the typical hierarchy of IQ is: Africans (ancestral population) -> Europeans -> Asians, and both Europeans and Asians still have Neanderthal genes (about 1%) since those guys covered the entire Eurasia. Denisovan genes are only prevalent in some Asian populations.

The interpretation, I leave to you.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Anthony Hopkins Idiots GIF by PBS SoCal

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Good post and I think there's something to it, but it's hard to believe Africans were sea-faring and conquered the world once upon a time when all modern indications I see are that the people of the Congo (aka the least tampered with by Eurasian genetics) are basically the modern remnants of Homo Erectus.

Then again I suppose any group of people can crumble over time. Look at how pathetic Europeans were circa 1000 A.D. compared to the vast infrastructure and construction of the Romans in the same places 700+ years previous.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What if the Younger Dryas Event was SOLAR activity that caused cancer? Outdoor desert living civilizations would be especially fucked. More melanin in the skin helps against skin cancer tho, so darker skinned people would be far more likely to survive. Cave dwelling people (I presume Neanderthals in Europe we're cave dwelling?) and jungle dwelling (South Americans, the Homo erectus remnants mentioned above by Rajaah) would be far less affected by a long age of intense solar activity. As well, generally the further away from the equator, the more likely it would be for fair skinned people to live through something like that.

Africa has been pretty bare for a long time right? Not totally thick with jungle like the Amazon, even going back to the Dryas?

Heck intense solar activity could account for the floods too (increasing the rate at which the ice shelves melted of course).

Kind of a mundane explanation but it works if the increased activity occurred on a long enough time frame.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hm neanderthals wouldn't have been affected by the Young Dryas Event, they were wiped out 40,000 years ago or so (according to current theories anyway). My bad

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was supposedly Northern Africa 10 to 15k years ago. (Example image from current South Africa.)
1000_F_225295140_JgknZM3wQlHU4TxgirLRMSAZdC2tqCy0.jpg

Simply put, if you believe in the Younger Dryas Event washing over Africa as these scientist suggest (and somewhat prove with salt capped dunes, striations in geography, straight line tears of lava flows etc.) then you can imagine that such a disaster would wipe out all life, not just human.
Untitled.jpg

You chop a small bit of Jungle down, itll grow back quickly. You chop 100 acres down, the jungle may not come back at all in that area. Or, the reverse with what they are doing with the "Great Green Wall" in the middle of Africa to fight back the desert.
acrefore-9780190228620-e-559-graphic-002-full.jpg

If your concern is rainfall then know that rainfall scales back with less vegetation and vice versa with more vegetation. This is shown by the large aquifers that exist under much of the Saharan desert. Those Northern Aquifers are insanely huge and have only been found since the 1950's, thanks to Libya.
50089900147_ef2044c1ee_o.jpg

When there is so much questionable data in our face, when there is so many excuses/reasons that are given that just dont make sense in action - its really hard to think that the Younger Dryas Event wasnt every bit as severe as what those like Graham Hancock have said. Much less what came before the Younger Dryas Event such as your Solar theory, pharmakos pharmakos .

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He goes of the deep end at times but he is well spoken and makes quality content.

I find it infinitely amusing that 21st century autists pour over centuries worth of dusty academic papers from across Europe and corroborate things that mainstream academia and science just ignore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He goes of the deep end at times but he is well spoken and makes quality content.

I find it infinitely amusing that 21st century autists pour over centuries worth of dusty academic papers from across Europe and corroborate things that mainstream academia and science just ignore.
his presentation is king, though yeah he goes way out there at times when he isnt talking about ancient civs. just stick to stuff we can see and touch.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
For decades, stories of crashed UFOs and secret recovery operations have permeated popular culture. Has the US government stashed alien craft - and perhaps alien bodies - inside the military industrial complex, perhaps in remote desert locations such as Area 51? In the early 1990s, a former high-level executive with a major defense contractor shared his story with a Las Vegas journalist and promised to record video deposition to be released after his death. The story involved a UFO that had been recovered from a crash site in New Mexico, along with a still-living crew member. The identity of the industry executive has never been confirmed by the journalist... until now.