The Pokemon Thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. Fire Emblem is godlike, I've never liked the previous games, but Awakening was superb~

I still... can't... get... an... Abra.. .It's so depressing.

I need my abra and gengar to go with based god Snorlax

Needless

Toe Sucker
Abra you need to either, sleep immediately then beat down.. or use a quick ball and full YOLO it.
I still haven't been able to even see one in this game yet :\

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Abra you need to either, sleep immediately then beat down.. or use a quick ball and full YOLO it.
I still haven't been able to even see one in this game yet :\
Cool, thanks. First pokemon since the original so lots to catch up on. Ran into both around route 5 (I think, just in the long grass near the first skate park) in Y

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
You should be using False Swipe when catching Pok?mon, if you're not using status effects like Sleep etc. False Swipe leaves a Pok?mon withat least1 HP, so you're never in any danger of knocking it out, unless you're using Burn/Poison or if it uses a recoil effect.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm still debating who i want to use my false swipe TM on lol, in Black i used gallade... but i read that people seem to like using Smeargle since he can learn mean look, sleep and other shit like that as well.

I did manage to get an Abra last night, put it on the GTS for another Abra for the exp bonus and actually got an english one with no nickname back first try... that was entirely unexpected lol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
@Abra talk;

Doesn't the TM you get from the Bug gym make it impossible to flee?

@Needless

The changed it so TM are multi-use in the modern iterations of these games. If you haven't played since the Gameboy days that is a pretty big change.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Are you serious?... Even in B/W? I could have popped Earthquake on EVERYBODY? aww man haha
Thats pretty godlike though, I always assumed it was 1 use :\

Also yes, Infestation does that, but it also does damage, which could potentially kill what you're trying to catch

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Yo I really want to play this, but will need to buy a 3ds, etc... can your pokemon level without being used in a battle (as long as they're in your main roster) and does that pokewalker thing still exist?

Also how many pokemon are there now?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
There are 700+ pokemon, only 150ish available in this version. You can trade on the GTS for quite a few of the non-caught-in-x/y-ones though, I'm sure.

Early on you get EXP share, which passes a bit of XP out to your pokemon who didn't appear in battle. Pokewalker went the way of the dodo.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ah I had read that they redid all the characters models for all the old pokemon and they were available in this game, hence why I thought over 700 in this game.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Well, there are models/animations for all 700+, but not nearly that many are catchable in game. You can, however, trade/transfer pokemon from previous games. Think of all the different legendaries. They aren't all available in XY, but they certainly have game files for them.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can, however, trade/transfer pokemon from previous games. Think of all the different legendaries.
ApCfFmg.gif