The Pokemon Thread

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If I had any clue what you meant by safari then maybe...also anybody else have trouble getting the old school legendaries (articuno, moltres, zapdos)? I ran in to them once and every time I look on the pokedex I can't get to them fast enough. I have tried staying in one place to no avail as well.
After you encounter them twelvish times, they will appear in the Sea Spirit's Den and won't run away.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hmm I finally got into that stupid boutique in lumise city last night.. I think it only requires you do all the battles from the Cafe le Nah & Cafe le Yah restaurants? I also did the hotel jobs and it seemed to allow me in after that.
I don't think going to every building/cafe and talking to everybody is actually required.. for those who are curious.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Friend Code: 0146-9857-6234

Do I need to do anything else? Would be great if someone could tell me what Pokemon I give
smile.png

Do you add these via Pokemon or 3DS menu?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would need to enter your friend code and you would need to enter mine. It's really just for buffs and for pokemon safari at the end of the game.

Pok?mon X & Y - Friend Safari
Located within Kiloude City is the special Friend Safari. This is the new Safari Zone for the modern age. instead of having a set, defined, list of Pok?mon you can encounter in the areas, this game applauds people who have numerous friends on their 3DS. If you have someone added, then they will appear on a list, with them being designated a certain type at random based on their Friend Code. This type, and the Pok?mon within it, cannot be changed.

With each person, you get up to three Pok?mon within each specific area, with the third Pok?mon appearing should the person have defeated the Elite Four, with them getting Hidden Abilities if the player has been online at the same time as you. It also appears that the Pok?mon found within the Friend Safari have got two IVs of 31.

Add my FC: 2380-3723-9245 and ill check you out in a bit

Rabkorik

I'm going to start going back and adding people as well.

My FC: 2466-1951-8236
Ghost Friend Safari

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a weird question - wife's starting to get into the idea of getting them as well - if we both play on the same 3DS (with opposite versions, obviously) - is it possible for her and I to trade with each other via the online stuff or does it require different system ID's to trade or some other silly block?

Anyone know/tried this? (And we'd probably be doing digital copies in this day and age if it matters)

Rope

Got a weird question - wife's starting to get into the idea of getting them as well - if we both play on the same 3DS (with opposite versions, obviously) - is it possible for her and I to trade with each other via the online stuff or does it require different system ID's to trade or some other silly block?

Anyone know/tried this? (And we'd probably be doing digital copies in this day and age if it matters)
Nope
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With the frowny face, I'm assuming that's a "No, you must have two separate 3DS's to trade between" - there's a few ways to take a No with my phrasing unfortunately.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
However I'm sure someone on the board will help you trade pokemon between you guys if you wanted.
With international trading via the internet, it is incredibly easy to get any pokemon you want. I put up shitty random level 3 pokemon requesting to trade them for much better pokemon you wouldn't be able to access until later in the game, and within an hour someone trades me. It's like there are pokemon breeders out there just trying to help people out. There is also the Wonder Trade option, which is a blind trade between two players. You put up a pokemon of your choice and so does the other person, and you don't see what you got until after the trade is over. It's a lot of fun, and I enjoy trading level 2 caterpie's named 8:::: D~o ~o

Also, if you want anything in particular just ask here. It's how I got my shiney zubat, now crobat!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Are japanese dittos caught in the 20-30 range? All of the dittos people wanted had that level restriction.. so i put a zorua up last night for a ditto in that range, ending up in me getting a japanese one

Rope

The ones you catch in game are 45+ I think. Once you finish the game and get to the friend safari you can hunt reddit for people with ditto safari, those are level 30.

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
I've compiled a list of all the friend codes listed within this thread. You can find the information at my Google Docs link:

Google Docs - Online documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, file storage and more

For those who are unaware, after you beat the Elite Four & Champion, you gain access to a new city, which has Friend Safaris that you can access. Each Friend that you have added has three random Pok?mon available for you to capture, whose type are determined by the Trainer ID. You have access to two of your Friend's Pok?mon from the offset, with the third being unlocked after they subsequently beat the Elite Four & Champion. The Pok?mon in the Friend Safari are level 30 and follow the same rules as normal Pok?mon, e.g. the ability to be shiny and so forth. Makes capturing specific Pok?mon a hell of a lot easier!

I'll continue to update the spreadsheet, but some people haven't added me yet. I've given people commenting rights, so we'll fill the gaps in eventually!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yoooo I need to add rabkorik, i looove me some spiritomb!
Unfortunately my safari is horrible, but i'll add it to the list anyway lol