The Prepper Thread

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If nothing else, a dog would serve as an emergency food source. Not bad to have on top of all the other potential benefits. The breed would be incredibly important though. You would need one that wouldn't bark unless permitted to.

Cybsled

Only took 7 pages for Cybsled to start debating the practicality of emotional support animals in post apocalyptic living.

There's a big difference between fido warning you of danger and some shithead that wants to bring their shitzu into a Starbucks.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was in really shape overall for a bad situation. Land, away from population centers, had fuel stored, generators, gas and natural gas, family that cans all the time and raises food etc.... Didn't really matter though. Was all just for short term use like after a hurricane or ice storm. Only can keep so much insulin around and after that. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was in really shape overall for a bad situation. Land, away from population centers, had fuel stored, generators, gas and natural gas, family that cans all the time and raises food etc.... Didn't really matter though. Was all just for short term use like after a hurricane or ice storm. Only can keep so much insulin around and after that. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

If you're prepping for the boogaloo and you're diabetic than all you can really do is prep ketogenic. Bailing on carbs has decent results for some diabetics. Insulin storage requires refrigeration which can be challenging.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not planning now or then for anything long term. But I saw lots of people in my time that couldn't make it 3 days in a hurricane for lack of water or food and such.

The bonus would be for it to kick off and happen quickly, quickly enough to get to use my automatic turrets lol.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Anthony Cumia used to have this big Go Bag, in case shit ever really hits the fan on a state or country level. Realistically, he's in New York, so he's probably a gonner anyway, but he can still hope.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't hurt to get some big bags of rice and store them in air tight containers, same with some dry beans. That shit will go a long way to feed your asses when in dire times. I dont have anything like that stored away. My wifes old lady does though. Shes got a whole room in her house that shes been buying and storing bulk shit like that. We laugh at her ass, but she keeps on saying dont come around here when shit goes down.

When my parents were renting a house back in the 80s the dude had a ton of shit stored away in the basement. Like pop-corn, beans, etc.. shelves and shelves of the crap. I asked him about it one time and he said it was all left over from the late 60s and early 70s when the riots happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Girlfriend-o was always cautiously on-board with buying four cases of water every time we made a trip to Sam’s, and now she’s asking about our stockpile of MRE’s and Mountain House meals. 🤣

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If I can shoot / kill / trade my way 180 miles east I've got a great set up.

Otherwise I'm stuck in the urban jungle. But not too bad, on the north edge of DFW area, so can PROLLY get out unless I find out last.

Interstate 30 gonna be a madhouse tho . . .

Going to start building a bug out vehicle, since its going to serve several purposes and its kind of a project I wanna do for camping / trips / woods stuff / SUV etc. So its all kinda happening naturally.

IF I can get those 180 miles covered, I'll have:
3 decent ponds (stocked 7 years ago, never been fished and no die off), prolly 25 acres total?, a well, cabin, a legit orchard, game, rifles, ammo, and everyone in 40miles in all directions either is family or knows my family. So its a REALLY good spot to hunker down.

There are some things we need to start working on regarding that land, since we have the orchard going (30acres, so not commercial but solid, clear cutting 100 acres of timber this year), but between the fuel tanks / etc honestly we could prolly be ok there indefinitely.

One thing ppl never seem to include, but ppl here have is sanitary / medical stuff. I always keep alcohol / peroxide. I think we have 6 large bottles at the cabin? But we are always doing random shit and its nice to have enough to just pour it whenever you find yourself with a new hole. Nearly crushed my fucking hand this past weekend using an auger attachment for the first time. Missed the bone / meat, but my hand has a nice hole where there used to be skin.

Dont wanna survive the initial zombie outbreak, just to die to a fucking infected cut.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's not important what we do with your things in death, but how you slept in life.
I am totally a 9 and 17.
View attachment 245209

I'm closest to a 15, except I have one arm over my head. Now, 20+ years ago, I was 1-25. I tossed and turned all night. I had a girlfriend who I elbowed all night long. After 3 nights of it, she went and slept on the couch and we never spoke again. When I was young my sister told me she was sneaking out one night and looked in my room and my head was at the foot of the bed, my but was in the air (kinda like #13, except elevated) and I was mutteirng something like "no no". She thought some kinda spirit was raping me (she saw all the nightmare on elm street movies). She ran into my room and started punching the ghost saying "get away from my brother. What are you doing!" Course, I slept through it all, but that's real family loyalty. And that's why my sister is invited to my fallout shelter when the shit hits the fan. You need someone in your camp who will throw hands with freddy krueger.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You need someone in your camp who will throw hands with freddy krueger.

nope.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One thing ppl never seem to include, but ppl here have is sanitary / medical stuff. I always keep alcohol / peroxide. I think we have 6 large bottles at the cabin? But we are always doing random shit and its nice to have enough to just pour it whenever you find yourself with a new hole. Nearly crushed my fucking hand this past weekend using an auger attachment for the first time. Missed the bone / meat, but my hand has a nice hole where there used to be skin.

Dont wanna survive the initial zombie outbreak, just to die to a fucking infected cut.

It be nice to store away some antibiotics too. Not sure the store time on those, but I guess you could store them away in a cool dry place, probably prolong the store date a bit. Thing is where the fuck do you get them though, lol.

I guess when shit goes down shit like this will be the first thing the smart people will loot for. and later this will be worth its weight in gold.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess when shit goes down shit like this will be the first thing the smart people will loot for. and later this will be worth its weight in gold.

Smart but unwise. You're gonna run into people raiding it for opiates.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Smart but unwise. You're gonna run into people raiding it for opiates.

Of course you let the WT and naggers do the official looting, you go after the dust is settled, look for the good shit they leave behind.

I think the smart thing also to do is to store up some books on some medical shit too, maybe even some basic chemistry shit on how to synthesize some of these things, maybe? IDK never looked into it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of course you let the WT and naggers do the official looting, you go after the dust is settled, look for the good shit they leave behind.

I think the smart thing also to do is to store up some books on some medical shit too, maybe even some basic chemistry shit on how to synthesize some of these things, maybe? IDK never looked into it.

Maybe it's better not to have the temptation around, but I'd want the painkillers too. Depending on the nature of the societal collapse, I think they'd be incredibly valuable.