The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was browsing YouTubeTV and what do I see? Silent Night Deadly Night 2 is on. What the fuck?

I'm totally watching it now though. This movie seems hilarious so far. Thanks RLM!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was browsing YouTubeTV and what do I see? Silent Night Deadly Night 2 is on. What the fuck?

I'm totally watching it now though. This movie seems hilarious so far. Thanks RLM!
ScornfulAdorableJenny-size_restricted.gif

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That movie was insane. That whole garbage day sequence is just...I don't even have words.

The guy who plays Ricky is the best. His over acting, that amazing fake laugh, and his fucking eyebrows. My god with the eyebrows.

Get Away GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just caught this weeks HitB. they pretty much nailed it. Red Guardian was the best part and they really missed a lot of good opportunities by not having Cap in there for one last time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
wonder what happened, RLM re-uploaded their suicide squad review today morning

• 2Like

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
wonder what happened, RLM re-uploaded their suicide squad review today morning

From the comments:
If you're wondering why this was re-uploaded it's because they censored Pete Davidson's face getting blown off, and they removed the shot of King Shark ripping someone in half.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
From the comments:
If you're wondering why this was re-uploaded it's because they censored Pete Davidson's face getting blown off, and they removed the shot of King Shark ripping someone in half.
wtf really? spoilers or they got demonetized? its cartoon gore.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
and really, Pete's face getting blown off is the most wholesome thing in the whole video.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
does anyone know the BTS of RLM? Do they make enough money on patreon/etc to make this their full time job for all of them, or this is a second gig? I'm just curious since they only put out a video like every 2 weeks, feels like a hobby but its gotta be more profitable than that?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
does anyone know the BTS of RLM? Do they make enough money on patreon/etc to make this their full time job for all of them, or this is a second gig? I'm just curious since they only put out a video like every 2 weeks, feels like a hobby but its gotta be more profitable than that?
10,000 patreon supporters with the first tier being 2$. I'd be surprised if they bring in less than a million a year between that and ad revenue. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some second gigs going on anyways. It's safe to say they can live off of what they do either way. I enjoy their stuff personally. There's a strange balancing line between producing too much content and too little, but since they do good for themselves I think they have it figured out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
They're not monetized on YouTube.

They are, its why they had to censor stuff out in the Suicide Squad videos. I think certain ones have been demonitized or removed over the years but they def do make money off youtube. What they dont do on youtube is try to play or game the algorithm