The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I have been back and forth thinking about what I'd put top of the list.

It's a close match between The Thing and Escape from New York.

The Thing has:
Body gore effects that still hold up today.
Simple story ( one location / small group ) does it so well
growing sense of fear and suspicion
Details you can find on the 35th viewing.
Ending that is a downer, with added ambiguity.

Escape from New York has:
Action sequences
Snake Plisskin.
Good location / use of
Great mixture of characters.
Adrienne Barbeau's cleavage.

In the end I think The Thing wins. So that's my top pick.

Num 3 is probably Halloween

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Big Trouble in Little China all the way for me!
Adrienne Barbeau's cleavage is a huge plus though.
ab%2B1.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol Rich’s take on Halloween is so bad.
his reasoning is the dumbest shit ever. if Carpenter wanted gore he would have had gore. he was going for Hitchcock's Psycho. where there is no gore whatsoever and its still a scary movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
his reasoning is the dumbest shit ever. if Carpenter wanted gore he would have had gore. he was going for Hitchcock's Psycho. where there is no gore whatsoever and its still a scary movie.
Also having prince of darkness that far down too but once again Rich has stated very plainly he doesn’t like horror films. I definitely side with Jay with most of his horror film recommendations. I fucking love Prince of Darkness.

The Thing is my favorite Carpenter film and maybe my favorite horror film tied with the Shining.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Jay is right about Body Bags. It's pretty good.
I remember renting a VHS of body bags back in the 90s, I was shocked when Luke Skywalker was in the final story where he got the eye transplant from the serial killer, and went nuts.

I was always a sucker for anthology horror films like Creepshow. I remember there was a wild west movie called Grimm Prairie Tales that was pretty good, even if it was campy. Used to stay up late at night to watch tales from the crypt on HBO or Monsters on the local TV station, and there was always the classic Tales From the Dark side, which also had a pretty good theatrical release.

TV and movies were so much better when we were younger...

• 4Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly with them I wouldn't make assumptions either way ie. single / wealth / etc. I think they learned early on after what happened with Jessie to pretty much exist off the grid from their fans, which is really smart. As far as I know nothing has ever leaked with where they live, where the warehouse is, girlfriends unless they were bright on a show (ie. Rich), income, nothing.
I did about 3 mins of Google searching but came up with nothing and now I am tired.

What happened with Jessi? I think they are better as a full man crew, and I completely forgot they had a girlfriend on there at the start.

Sorry, this post was dredged up from a bit back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I did about 3 mins of Google searching but came up with nothing and now I am tired.

What happened with Jessi? I think they are better as a full man crew, and I completely forgot they had a girlfriend on there at the start.

Sorry, this post was dredged up from a bit back.
who's gf was she supposed to be? Mike's? i dunno if his excessive drinking is just a schtick, but if it isnt, drunkenness, watching shitty movies and making youtube videos all week is not conducive to an attentive boyfriend. you gotta be around to listen to her prattle on about her day. maybe thats why he included her in videos so he could at least be around her more often, but it wasnt enough so she bailed. i can imagine Jay having a girlfriend who is a nerd just like him and she is too shy to want to be in their videos. rich is the wildcard. i cant imagie he has a girlfriend or if he's even into girls. maybe when he finishes his cancer diet transformation he will find somebody, but right now i think he's just a lonely nerd introvert.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
who's gf was she supposed to be? Mike's? i dunno if his excessive drinking is just a schtick, but if it isnt, drunkenness, watching shitty movies and making youtube videos all week is not conducive to an attentive boyfriend. you gotta be around to listen to her prattle on about her day. maybe thats why he included her in videos so he could at least be around her more often, but it wasnt enough so she bailed. i can imagine Jay having a girlfriend who is a nerd just like him and she is too shy to want to be in their videos. rich is the wildcard. i cant imagie he has a girlfriend or if he's even into girls. maybe when he finishes his cancer diet transformation he will find somebody, but right now i think he's just a lonely nerd introvert.

Man, you're never right about a single thing Astro.

She's married to Mike, she was just getting a bunch of simps trying to track her down, so she went behind the camera originally, and then just stopped all together.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man, you're never right about a single thing Astro.

She's married to Mike, she was just getting a bunch of simps trying to track her down, so she went behind the camera originally, and then just stopped all together.
eh suck it. your story is just as plausible as mine.

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida

In this case it is, there was a reddit dedicated to her feet and it wasn't unpopular. The RLM reddit had to basically ban discussion about her because its borderline creepy its still being asked when her last on camera appearance was 2014 or so.

Trust me there are some RLM fans that have issues, I know Jack was creeped out by this one (he commented somewhere in there)

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In this case it is, there was a reddit dedicated to her feet and it wasn't unpopular. The RLM reddit had to basically ban discussion about her because its borderline creepy its still being asked when her last on camera appearance was 2014 or so.

Trust me there are some RLM fans that have issues, I know Jack was creeped out by this one (he commented somewhere in there)

Oh, i dont doubt there are weirdoes doing weirdo shit, i was casting doubt on the claim that she's married to mike and that weirdoes is why she disappeared long ago. Im not saying its not true, but saying its definitely true with no links or anything to substantiate the claim is still just as flimsy as anything else.

Juvarisx

Florida
Oh, i dont doubt there are weirdoes doing weirdo shit, i was casting doubt on the claim that she's married to mike and that weirdoes is why she disappeared long ago. Im not saying its not true, but saying its definitely true with no links or anything to substantiate the claim is still just as flimsy as anything else.

Oh gotcha yea I have no idea if they are together nor do I care lol

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh gotcha yea I have no idea if they are together nor do I care lol
If theyre still together or married, then it means that mike's drinking is a shtick for the show, which is cool. I dont think any of us want to read about him drinking himself to death. Those guys have given us over ten years of great comedy, they should be making more money.

• 2Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
If theyre still together or married, then it means that mike's drinking is a shtick for the show, which is cool. I dont think any of us want to read about him drinking himself to death. Those guys have given us over ten years of great comedy, they should be making more money.

It's a shtick. Mike is a double digit millionaire and has a kid with Jessi (Ethan).

rich is the wildcard. i cant imagie he has a girlfriend or if he's even into girls. maybe when he finishes his cancer diet transformation he will find somebody, but right now i think he's just a lonely nerd introvert.

Rich was engaged to Susan 4+ years ago, and they're married now.

Anything else you'd like to incorrectly state?

• 1Popcorn