The Ridiculous 6 - This could turn it around for Adam Sandler

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
No, not really. It might be decent though and the overall cast gives me some hope.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The next Adam Sandler movie I will be glad to see is the one of him on Liveleak committing suicide.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think I saw rob schneider in there.

It's a netflix original. Now, Sandler -has- to know his reputation. Sandler -has- to have made enough of his jew golds.

Is netflix letting him play his embezzlement game? Or has some of the crust fallen off of sandler and he finally feels that he has defrauded the studio system enough that he can get back to not being a wretched, lost, sadsack?

Time will tell! But I assume that he's moved on to defrauding netflix now. For whatever retarded reason his movies do make their money back.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Adam Sandler film The Ridiculous Six in racism row as Native Americans quit set | Film | The Guardian

About a dozen Native American actors have walked off the set of an Adam Sandler spoof western in protest at its depiction of Apache culture, including characters with names like Beaver's Breath and No Bra.

The group quit on Wednesday after taking offence at jokes in the The Ridiculous Six, reportedly a satire of The Magnificient Seven which is to be Sandler's first film for Netflix.

In addition to certain characters' names, they complained about a female character squatting and urinating while smoking a peace pipe and the inappropriate positioning of feathers on a teepee, according to the Indian Country Today Media Network...
Seems like your regular Adam Sandler "comedy"

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Being offensive on purpose does not mean it's good comedy. Bad comedy is just sad, it insults everyone.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This looks like it'll be pretty good. Did yall like million ways to die in the west? How about the Apple Dumpling Gang movies? Probably going to be about the same.

I'm going to buy extra tickets to make up for the ones who won't give it a chance because it's got sandler in it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks like the same fraud with the same accomplices from previous films. there was nothing about that trailer that led me to believe anything funny or creative was going to happen.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I just don't understand this move by Netflix... this movie isn't releasing in theatres, it's going straight to streaming, so how many people do they estimate will say one of the following:

a) "oh shit that looks great, I gotta get me a netflix account now!"
or b) "Man I thought there just wasn't anything good on netflix, and I was going to cancel my account, but this has changed my mind."

However much the budget was for this garbage, is *actually* how many people multiplied by $10 that they predicted would exclaim either of the above.

They're just throwing money away now that could have been spent buying the rights to movies that would actually improve their selection.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There was a point about two and a half years ago, you all were arguing how Netflix was dead. That was my sure fire sign that I needed to buy this stock, as I was on the fence. Look. I fucking hate Adam Sandler, we all do. But his movies almost always make money, tons of it in fact.

I assume the 4 picture deal they signed with him will culminate in a murder-suicide on pay per view. Either way, they know what they are doing.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
To be honest, I don't understand how netflix makes money on this stuff anyway.

Sulrn

Deuces
To be honest, I don't understand how netflix makes money on this stuff anyway.
Producing content instead of only hosting it entices more accounts and sways people from shells like Amazon and Hulu and supposedly makes the decision between HBOGo and Netflix a conversation of millions of wasted hours or 100s of well spent ones.