The Ridiculous 6 - This could turn it around for Adam Sandler

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You realize saying the word "American Inventor" and saying "American Inventors are expendable and are worth less to us than horses" as a form of comedy are vastly different things, right?

You can say it's the same all you want, you'll be wrong each time but please feel free to continue.

Also? Django came under massive fire for it's rampat N word use, so your own example worked against itself.

And wtf are you arguing at this point? Everything you posted just further backs up my original statement of Blazzing Saddles would never be able to be released as is, today.?You're creating an argument for something but I'll be damned if I know what the fuck it is.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I never said it could be made today. I said that it couldn't because everyone would get butthurt or have white guilt. Not because its actually a racist film, which it isn't. Movie is still funny and it shouldn't make you or anyone feel uncomfortable for laughing at it. Adam Sandler movies should because he is unfunny and untalented

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Asrto, YOU engaged me in an imaginary argument, not the other way around. I mean I should have known better to respond to you in a movie thread so I guess that fault lay with me, but you're the one who responded to a post I made with an argument that never existed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Asrto, YOU engaged me in an imaginary argument, not the other way around. I mean I should have known better to respond to you in a movie thread so I guess that fault lay with me, but you're the one who responded to a post I made with an argument that never existed.
this is what i was responding to.
They couldn't even make a Blazing Saddles type movie in todays society, that's how offensive it was. If you think otherwise you really need to rewatch it with a different perspective that racisim is satire.
we both agreed that the film can not be made today, i was simply clarifying that its only racist or offensive if you have the perception of somebody being easily butthurt over satirical comedy that deals with stereotypes and uses offensive language. i never wavered in that claim. i agree it was a pointless "argument", but since i was not opposing what you said, i was simply making a distinction between what is considered malicious and what is harmless comedy. every group was stereotyped in that film. whites got it the worst.

Siliconemelons

I thought it was a progressive film, I mean look at it - the first black sheriff*

*excluding time wise the one in Nottingham! So I guess he was the first!

Devlin

Golden Squire
It's Always Sunny frequently does edgy bits like blackface, rape jokes and the like and doesn't even have any black cast members.

That whole argument is invalid.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea there's a pretty significant difference between dumb racist stuff passed off as humor and racism as satire or comedy. Blazing Saddles (mostly) was satirical and satirical stuff is still super popular today. Fuck, Blazing Saddles is still massively popular today. Trying to pass off the "dumb native American names" stchick as anything other than toilet-level racism "humor" is futile because that's what it is, and that's the problem with it. It's not funny, it's not original, it's not satirical, it's not even poking fun at a stereotype because that's not a real stereotype.

Movies like Mel Brooks' and Leslie Nielsen made aren't made anymore because the style of comedy movies and humor has changed and because those older movies frankly stand up so well it's hard to outdo them at their own game. But you do still get smarter comedies with satirical stuff in them, they just aren't Adam Sandler movies.

Caliane

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Watched 7 minutes and turned it off because I had other shit to do. If it was an amazing 7 minutes I would have found a way to justify putting off the other shit to do.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nothing special, it has it's moments and it's chock full of cameos. It is definitely not total shit tier Sandler though. It was fine watching it on my other monitor as I was playing and surfing.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Think the only part I really enjoyed was John Tuturro and making up the baseball shit