The Ridiculous 6 - This could turn it around for Adam Sandler

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, it's not a good movie and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but it could have been much worse. The cameos were pretty fun and it was OK to have on while I played Mario Maker.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't expect much and it didn't deliver much. I took a break from binge watching Continuum and felt I ripped myself off since I could have watched two episodes of that instead of the time I wasted on this.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Netflix buries The Ridiculous 6 after being branded ?unwatchable" by critics and viewers | News | Culture | The Independent

It may have ploughed $60 million into the film and only released it three days ago, but Netflix seems to already be trying to pretend Adam Sandler spoof Western The Ridiculous 6 never happened.

Apparently pretty hastily put together with some dodgy CGI, the movie co-stars Terry Crews, Taylor Lautner and Luke Wilson and most of its jokes revolve around donkey excrement...

At the time of writing, The Ridiculous 6 has disappeared from mine and several others' Netflix homepage carousel, and can?t even be found among many ?Trending Now?, 'Popular on Netflix' or ?Recently Added? sections.

Granted, these are all algorithm-based, but when pushing a new show Netflix will often try to promote its original content even if it doesn't 100% fall in line with what you've watched before, and you'd think 'Recently Added' would work fairly independently from taste.

The film still ostensibly has an average 4-star rating among viewers, but a glance at the multitude of 1-star user reviews paints a different picture.

'Seems like they forgot to put the jokes in this one,' one reads. 'And the acting. And plot. Anything, really.'
This could turn it around for Adam Sandler indeed

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It wasn't that great, but Vanilla Ice as Mark Twain fucking killed me. I would totally watch a spin off of that character.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Especially the first quarter was stupid. But it certainly had a few moments that had me anything. Mark Twain and the poker players for sure. Couple other really short little moments. So congrats 2 start instead of one.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was a complete abortion of a movie. I honestly wanted to call netflix and ask for my monthly subscription back as pain and suffering compensation. Literally save yourself the time and go pull a few fingernails off, you'd be happier in the end.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I only lasted 40 minutes. Even less than Grown Ups. I miss Adam Sandler.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Still on my front page as well. Big ass muted preview clip of it playing as I type. Stupid website just wants to jump on the hate bandwagon for clicks.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It wasn't an abortion or even all that bad. It was watchable and I liked that there wasn't that much cursing. I put it just under Zohan. 5/10.
There were a lot of enjoyable moments. I liked the baseball stuff and pretty much all of Jacob.

Vanilla Ice was one of the weaker parts, but it was an interesting take.
Terry Crews was a bit much at times, but he usually is.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
lol this had some good shit. The baseball scene was hilarious. Pretty much everything was funny except Sandler.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stopped watching once they got to the Indian village, simply wasn't funny. I don't mind racial humor but it does need to be funny.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed it nice and toasted. Some good stuff in there, mostly over the top moments that won't have a lot of value on subsequent viewings. I'd say maybe a 6/10 or if you're baked maybe a 7. It did the job and made me laugh and turn off my head. I honestly would have liked it more if they had cut out the "plot" and just had them all running around doing shenanigans the whole time.

Siliconemelons

Only about half in so far- it's frat level Indian jokes and other crap... he has made WAY worse and others have made way worse- it's not bad so far to me a fairly decent potty humor com- I loled @ he is shooting his own head! And is there more Shewhowearsnobra? Hehe

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Earlier Sandler films had narratives (albeit predictable ones), were more focused on his character and perhaps a couple others with minor roles. There were too many characters, and too many 'bits' jammed into movie that limit the viewer from getting to know the protagonist and see him grow.

They couldn't even make a Blazing Saddles type movie in todays society, that's how offensive it was. If you think otherwise you really need to rewatch it with a different perspective that racisim is satire.

I love me some Blazing Saddles but I'm not blind to the fact that that shit would never get made today. It's along the same lines hon how we will never have anything on the same level as "Married with Children" ever again.
Mel Brooks, or another white guy wouldn't be allowed. The Wayan brothers might be able to do a low budget one.

Siliconemelons

Earlier Sandler films had narratives (albeit predictable ones), were more focused on his character and perhaps a couple others with minor roles. There were too many characters, and too many 'bits' jammed into movie that limit the viewer from getting to know the protagonist and see him grow.

Mel Brooks, or another white guy wouldn't be allowed. The Wayan brothers might be able to do a low budget one.
Mel got slack then, but the Jew card was full trump card then... it's lost some of its power if used now.

Siliconemelons

Mel Brooks is Jewish?
Wasn't there a new moonbat trolling shaw time rule?

Anywho- finished this up- was funny- was not crazy "epic" comedy but it was funny and indeed much better than Sandlers latest stufff.

"Looks like he is doing what I do when I put on aftershave... and I am home alone." c'mon stupid dumb funny reference.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jew card is way expired. Most things that used it then are nigh unwatchable now