The Ridiculous 6 - This could turn it around for Adam Sandler

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, it's Netflix's first movie, right? They've only done series before this (most of which have been good)? Makes sense to me, especially how it wouldn't stop showing up on the front page anytime I loaded the site.

Doesn't mean it was a good movie. Insert reference to SW Prequels, etc.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Well, it's Netflix's first movie, right? They've only done series before this (most of which have been good)? Makes sense to me, especially how it wouldn't stop showing up on the front page anytime I loaded the site.

Doesn't mean it was a good movie. Insert reference to SW Prequels, etc.
Exactly. the article sums itself sums it up:

It's an impressive achievement, one that's likely the product of several discrete factors. Adam Sandler's enduring, cross-generational popularity helps; Netflix kicked its promotional machine into high gear for the release, to the point where it was hard to escape ads for the movie no matter your internet haunts; the service's user base is bigger than ever and constantly growing, meaning there are way more people available to watch the movie now than a year ago. Netflix's original films also evade the licensing restrictions that mean licensed movies are available in some territories and not others. No matter the factors, Netflix is obviously pretty excited about The Ridiculous Six's numbers. Nothing eases the sting of terrible reviews like millions of viewers.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not Netflix first movie though. Beasts of No Nation released earlier this year.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not Netflix first movie though. Beasts of No Nation released earlier this year.
And even without seeing it myself, I have to believe BoNN was a substantially better movie than Ridiculous Six (which I have seen, so I guess I'm part of the disease!).