The Rookie

iannis

Musty Nester
I want 60 minutes of car stops for expired registration that end with verbal warnings

This hollywood bullshit is so unrealistic.

The episode should include at least 10 minutes of him sitting in his car in some empty parking lot just listening to the radio and eating a cheeseburger.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man I really dig this show, it's really, imo, come into it's own. Half way between buddy cop and an actual drama. I really enjoy it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just watched this last weeks episode and a figured what was gonna happen when they decided to go to the B&E call....but damn the feels.

This is probably one of my favorite shows on TV currently.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just watched this last weeks episode and a figured what was gonna happen when they decided to go to the B&E call....but damn the feels.

This is probably one of my favorite shows on TV currently.

Yeah, show is pretty good. Glad he got a good show after Castle.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I like the show and even the last few episodes were good but i could not help but notice how they stepped up their virtue signaling game.
They had the neighborhood militia types and the one wearing a bright red hat was abvisouly racist for snagging a poor Latino who was just landscaping and minding his own business and in the last one they had the white supremacist gang being the big bad guys. Just a little too on the nose.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Yeah...damn them for using real world influences in their show.
Didnt you read what i wrote? I like the show, even the episodes i listed but it was just a bit jarring when i watched an obvious orange man bad moment play out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This show has been consistently entertaining, glad they moved past the whole romance thing.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Agreed, it's like they went out of their way to get it done and over with....though I feel it'll come back up at a later point. Or maybe even him and Talia.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Agreed, it's like they went out of their way to get it done and over with....though I feel it'll come back up at a later point. Or maybe even him and Talia.

I dunno, I don't think they really need a big relationship arc for the character. As it is, they have a decent pool of characters to draw stories from. They can always just use the cop partner dynamic to use as emotional story fodder.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pains me to write this as a big fan of Castle and Fillion, but something about the show just isn't working for me. Feels very formulaic/paint by numbers with little innovation and a diversity checklist/agenda. I'm normally the one to call people out for grasping at SJW straws so I don't think that's what I'm doing here, and it's a lot more than just how overt the 'militia' part of that prison break episode was.

But holy shit I think the single most glaring thing has absolutely nothing to do with any of that, and it's how badly they pissed away Mercedes Mason's stellar performance as Captain Andersen. When Captain Montgomery sacrificed himself in the season 3 finale of Castle, it was very upsetting because of how well set up the twist was and how long Montgomery had been with us. When Captain Andersen has a major badass moment interrupted by a blind neck shot from a fleeing perp, I honest to god rolled my eyes at how out of place and anti-climactic it was.

Regarding the cliffhanger, it's almost certainly just a reaction to the experimental vaccine he was injected with, second most likely possibility being the chair to the head from earlier in the episode. There's no way they start season two with him slowly dying of hemorrhagic fever in a CDC tent, and I think it's unlikely they were planning to write him out after a single season when they didn't even know if they would be renewed.

Hope the show does better in season 2 and ends up with a decent run, but I doubt it can last too long without some major nonsense seeing as how the show is called 'The Rookie' and the first season got us almost half way through his probationary period.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don’t see the show going for awhile, the ratings did well and it was renewed out of their death slot.

I fully agree about the captain though, she was an awesome character that was played really well.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

Man that sucks. I mean, I'd love to hear both sides but her character was a good, strong role and her and Fillion meshed well together. She's been replaced with a male role being played by Harold Perrineau.

Now I'm all worried about the show.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just enough recurring guest stars that she isn't directly accusing anyone. This seems pretty disastrous, I liked her as Fillion's TO and I'm having trouble picturing Mercutio do as well in the role.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just enough recurring guest stars that she isn't directly accusing anyone. This seems pretty disastrous, I liked her as Fillion's TO and I'm having trouble picturing Mercutio do as well in the role.

I am wondering if it was just racial shit done at her, because most of the cast is non-white. Hell there are three main black characters to one whitey, Fillion.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
How does that even happen without scorched earth response due to #metoo?

• 1Like