The Rookie

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chuckled at Ryan and Esposito from Castle getting cameos in the same episode.

I didn't even recognize Esposito until he was conscious. Demming (Michael Trucco) played an ADA in Episode 17, and Ike Thornton (Aaron D Spears, cop who was framed for corruption) played the dude who shot his gay son or whatever in Episode 6.

Malkav

French Madman
Poor John got fucked so hard.

Also, looks like this thread was spot on when the season started, being doubtful of Perrineau's character.

Malkav

French Madman
Shit it was the finale? Didnt realize that, it being episode 20 only.

Damn, the wait is gonna be hard, fucking cliffhanger.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Shit it was the finale? Didnt realize that, it being episode 20 only.

Damn, the wait is gonna be hard, fucking cliffhanger.

Apparently they were always a 20 episode season, otherwise they'd have been short the final 2.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man this show has got really good and I really enjoy it. My wife refused to watch season 1 with me I dunno why but when Season 2 started she started paying attention and now I think she likes it even more than I do.

That cliff hanger though. Damn man.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit I didn’t know this was back “already”. Gonna watch this in Hulu here shortly. Can’t wait.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Good episode. The resolution seemed rushed though could have rolled into episode 2. I wonder how long they are gonna try and keep him in "rookie" mode.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i was... concerned how the show was going to go forward with how popular it is to hate cops right now... it was... fine for the most part, except for when the lawyer dude gave nolan a guilt trip for being white.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i was... concerned how the show was going to go forward with how popular it is to hate cops right now... it was... fine for the most part, except for when the lawyer dude gave nolan a guilt trip for being white.
Unfortunately every fucking law enforcement show is shoveling that crap. At least here it was like a small bit.

j00t

Unfortunately every fucking law enforcement show is shoveling that crap. At least here it was like a small bit.
yeah, it was definitely just a small couple lines of dialogue but it still irked me. Brandon Routh is joining the show pretty soon as lopez' replacement and there's been a ton of reports that he's basically going to be the racist white cop so there's going to be at least some focus on it. i REALLY like how this show has seemingly gone out of it's way to show patrol cops as good people so i hope they continue to do that. i mean, nuance is totally fine and there are some bad eggs in any profession i just don't want the tone of the show to change, you know?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

I predict the next few pages of this thread will be the usual screeching.
yeah this episode is pretty irritating

edit: it actually ended alright. there was a couple dialogue issues i had... some of it came off as basically manufactured drama... nolan has said SO MANY TIMES "what can we do to help" throughout the show, but he doesn't do it now and gets called out on being a white savior. but whatever.

Last edited:

j00t

this is obviously spoiler stuff, but this thread doesn't have much traffic so whatever...

i actually like the explanation that tim gave about the new TI (brandon routh). he started as a sheriff and sheriff rookies start out working in prisons. those aren't happy places and it absolutely shapes your opinion (on both sides of the bars). obviously the drama there is going to escalate, but as of right now, he's character isn't just a straight up racist (what i thought they were going to do), he seems pretty amicable to cops regardless of race. like, clearly race plays a part in his decision making skills since he was super friendly to that white dude with tats all over but he just outright thinks the black kid is a gangbanger... but he's also telling jackson that they are partners. he's clearly trying to look out for the guy even if why and how are all wrong.