The Rookie

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Rookie

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2018-10-16

Creator: Alexi Hawley

Cast: Nathan Fillion, Alyssa Diaz, Richard T. Jones, Titus Makin Jr., Mercedes Mason, Melissa O'Neil, Afton Williamson, Eric Winter

Overview: Starting over isn’t easy, especially for small-town guy John Nolan who, after a life-altering incident, is pursuing his dream of being an LAPD officer. As the force’s oldest rookie, he’s met with skepticism from some higher-ups who see him as just a walking midlife crisis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Did you like Castle? Do you love Nathan Fillion(of course you do) Do you think Melissa O'Neil(woman from dark matter) is thicc in all the right ways? Check this show out, pilot was a good time. Good mix of serious and Fillion being Fillion.
Fillion and O'Neil being together at the start was jarring but better they get it out of the way now I guess then do the whole will they won't they thing for three seasons. Also the mentor black woman was like this is your place of buisness, this is where you work, it is not a car, NEVER call it a car. 5 seconds later, OK now get in the car...

• 1Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Thought they could have waited before introducing some of the other characters stories a bit, but over all it was good. Not sure if it will live up to his previous roles, but here is hoping!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Huh, I went into this with little hope of actually enjoying it and came out pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the serious nature with light hints of Fillion'esq humor. I really hope they keep that going.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was good. I am getting sick of cop shows, but it's Fillion so I wanted to check it out.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Other than the relationship between him and O'Neil it was pretty decent.
I hope they drop the relationship crap soon because its a bit jarring and seems tacked on because they want to capture the female audience so badly.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Other than the relationship between him and O'Neil it was pretty decent.
I hope they drop the relationship crap soon because its a bit jarring and seems tacked on because they want to capture the female audience so badly.

I hope they are doing that to get it out of the way and just become trusted friends that have each other backs, like a Sherlock/Watson thing.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
13 minutes in and the hard-ass cop is talking about using catapults to launch immigrants. I think we have a FoH-goer in the writers room

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the tough-as-nails, take-no-BS sergeant trope is getting a little old. i have a lot of cops in my family and they've never talked about their lieutenant/captain/sergeant as actually being like that. i mean, yeah, when push comes to shove, they need to put their adult voice on and yell a little bit, but cops are extremely familial (at least the ones i've known). it would have been nice to see the inverse of that, instead of leading the charge on hazing, they are actually welcoming and inspiring brotherhood. you don't abandon your partner because it's your job to keep them safe. i mean, i know this is all about being a rookie and not really understanding the rules, but i feel like THAT should be the angle. if you abandon your partner, you are abandoning your brother, your sister.

maybe i'm being a little miss prissy sally sensitive but i hate the excuse that "i can embarrass you , make fun of you, haze you all day long and if this is your calling then nothing I do will matter." because that's nonsense. as an almost 40 year old myself, i think that kind of forced drama is not entertaining.

• 1Solidarity

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I enjoyed it with my gf as mindless fun. But I totally agree with the above. I would fire half the department for being extremly unprofessional.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Well if we are going all out realistic might as well make every seventh episode about filling paperwork.
Its a TV drama, they need to use exaggerated tropes in the first few episodes to pull in the audience.
After they establish themselves and nail down an audience they can relax a bit and drop the tropes in favor of being more realistic. In either case i dont find the lack of realism annoying so far.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well if we are going all out realistic might as well make every seventh episode about filling paperwork.
Its a TV drama, they need to use exaggerated tropes in the first few episodes to pull in the audience.
After they establish themselves and nail down an audience they can relax a bit and drop the tropes in favor of being more realistic. In either case i dont find the lack of realism annoying so far.

I want 60 minutes of car stops for expired registration that end with verbal warnings

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I want 60 minutes of car stops for expired registration that end with verbal warnings

honestly, that'd be a great episode. all the rookies going on about doing something important. "I want to make a DIFFERENCE." "The only difference we make is giving people headaches for breaking the law."

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database