The RPG Thread

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I adore Disgaea, but I also skip the story. I just love hte grindfest.

Here's a sample of some Disgaea sillyness from D5. Fast Forward to 5:15.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
My instant response to that video is "lawl dumb." =/

The fact that it just shorthands the damage as "3T" is enough for me to realize it isn't aimed at me. Numeric inflation does not make me excited in the slightest.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I adore Disgaea, but I also skip the story. I just love hte grindfest.

Here's a sample of some Disgaea sillyness from D5. Fast Forward to 5:15.
Grindfest + pyramid shenanigans was my favorite part of every disgaea game. Till you accidentally miscounted/tiled and one pyramid didn't go off

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Square Enix should restart the Ogre Battle franchise as a multiplayer freemium phone game.

has to be at least as good as half the shitty phone games that are turning a profit these days.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks a tad low-budget, but that combat/no loading screen went right to the feels. Especially when the samurai guy does Whirlwind and hits all the mobs that are located near each other. Wtb.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Square Enix should restart the Ogre Battle franchise as a multiplayer freemium phone game.

has to be at least as good as half the shitty phone games that are turning a profit these days.
That is probably the best idea i have ever heard. That game is in my top 5 of all time (for SNES?, think i played on PS1 as well?). Anyways, man it could fit in so well with how the classes and different paths were structured and they could even put some light "balancing" acts needed to go down a path like mass killing = dark wizard of doom~~~~ blah. I'd love me some of that.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone here play the Yakuza series? 5 came out months ago and its 40 bucks on PSN. Wondering if it's worth it now or just wait for a sale on it since it is digital only.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't recall lost sanctum being terrible? I haven't played the DS version in a few years though so i forget most of it.

DS version is godlike anyway

Siliconemelons

Any actually GOOD cellphone RPG's that are free?

Also, I cannot wait for my kids to get old enough to play Lunar SSC - its such a perfect "classic" game- I would love a WELL DONE 3d re-master that does not change the battle system, keeps in the reason to buy soap, has more expanded dialog and less censorship etc. as well as a full expandion to complete/make it a trilogy with the 4 hero's stuff as well as Eternal Blue - the 4 hero's stuff could actually be a "telling" of the complete story set after the eternal blue.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Any actually GOOD cellphone RPG's that are free?

Also, I cannot wait for my kids to get old enough to play Lunar SSC - its such a perfect "classic" game- I would love a WELL DONE 3d re-master that does not change the battle system, keeps in the reason to buy soap, has more expanded dialog and less censorship etc. as well as a full expandion to complete/make it a trilogy with the 4 hero's stuff as well as Eternal Blue - the 4 hero's stuff could actually be a "telling" of the complete story set after the eternal blue.
I'd like to know this too, and add that it can cost a bit in my opinion, if it's worth it.

Siliconemelons

I'd like to know this too, and add that it can cost a bit in my opinion, if it's worth it.
Yeah, I don't care if the game is 5$ or 10$ if its actually GOOD ... I have gone through about 3-4 phone RPGs that are "classic style" but they look like RPG maker...and there is nothing wrong with that- its just you can tell they lack refinement...intro scenes are nigh existent, story elements are lacking and poor... Its like most games in the play store are made fully by a programmer + artist ... they have really nice visuals and are fundamentally sound- but there is no refinement or character.