The "Shit I just bought" thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Answer, there isn't one. Spend 300 and get something that will actually be good, I regret every single cheap chair I buy after like a month when the cushion wears out.

This man speaks the truth. Honestly look for a Humanscale chair man. Used obviously, unless you want to spend 1000+. I got 2 for the kids for 100 bucks each.

Those DX racers are OK at best IMO. They just look cool. I did try the fat guy version that was not comfortable, and it was about 500 bucks? I sent it back.

I've never seen the Clutch chairs. Anyone have one and can elaborate?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
But they look fucking stupid. Am I the only one that thinks that?

I actually like em.

My next chair will definitely be an Interstuhl. Dude has one up on Offerup here near Boston for 2K. Will probably offer him 1K and see if he bites.

chair.jpg
chair2.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
A 2,000 used chair. How much better can that chair possibly be than a used Humanscale for two or three hundred?!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Clutch Chairz is what you're talking about. Through aggressive pricing and social media, they are trying to carve out their own little piece of the chair market, mainly through theming their chairs after popular wrestling figures. I thought they would be chair to go with due to price, but I don't like their lack of size options. DX Racer has a lot more options, and some that even overlap a little. Can really dial in the fatness.

It was actually Arozzi brand, they were really wide which I loved since my legs didn't hit the arm rests, but this review was the nail in the coffin for me.
[H]ardOCP: Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair Review

• 1Quality Calories

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A 2,000 used chair. How much better can that chair possibly be than a used Humanscale for two or three hundred?!

You are paying for the metal framing and build quality. My old CIO had one, and ya, when you sit in it you can feel the quality in the build. 5K quality? Nah. 2K quality nah. I would pay 1k for the chair with the expectation it is the last chair I buy in a loooong time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you guys do springboards into your chairs? I've had the same Staples $100 special for like 12 years

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I find that my lower back/tailbone do better in a completely stationary chair with a coccyx cushion on it vs a big leather, cushiony chair with wheels. I'm also relatively slim(6ft / 180lbs) and don't need some industrial strength solution.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm like 225-235 depending on how many burgers I've consumed and I've never broken a chair or anything. Well.. once in the lab at school. That was embarrassing

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm like 225-235 depending on how many burgers I've consumed and I've never broken a chair or anything. Well.. once in the lab at school. That was embarrassing

Not that I am breaking them...but at 300lbs man, the standard chairs start to lean. Alot. I go thru a chair about once every two years. Spending about 500 bucks or so.

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Riddle me this bros, why don't they build the bases of the computer chairs like the base of a car seat or say a lay z boy recliner? Both of those seem insanely more comfortable than a flat piece of metal/wood with padding on top. This has always bothered me. It seems like such a simple design to replicate.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Herman Miller Aeron : Aeron - Office Chair - Herman Miller

They are expensive, but fuck they are comfortable and last. There are some fat 250lb+ contractor / civs around my government office and these chairs have been in use for the last 9+ years with 24/7 use. Just as good as they day we got them. I wouldn't buy anything else.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I have a pretty cheap computer chair that looks like one of those wannabe racing chairs. Got it off the bargain ramp at a furniture place, 39€ down from some ridiculous price you wouldn't pay for that piece of shit. Fake leather (i.e. plastic), cheap base, cheap armrests, cheap everything. Does the deed though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got my Razer naga today. It's much smaller in my hand than the death adder is. Also not as smooth with moving around. The thumb buttons are going to be hard to adjust to. With big hands it's very awkward. I'll play with it over the weekend and see if it grows on me. If not I'd sell it to a forum bro for the reduced price I bought it for if anyone wanted one (new in box)