The "Shit I just bought" thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This mouse is on sale. 17 bucks. This will be the best 17 dollars you ever spend for gaming. Christ, I spent 17 bucks on donuts and coffee this morning!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E04JLFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also I bought a new toy.

View attachment 159467

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0CRVCP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You ever think about the super posable revoltech?

YAMAGUCHI Wolverine Approximately 155 mm ABS & PVC painted action figure Revoltech

71CxWwNk3SL._SL1200_.jpg

If you do, only get from Amazon or manufacturer direct, 3rd party amazon seems to be bootlegs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You ever think about the super posable revoltech?

YAMAGUCHI Wolverine Approximately 155 mm ABS & PVC painted action figure Revoltech

71CxWwNk3SL._SL1200_.jpg

If you do, only get from Amazon or manufacturer direct, 3rd party amazon seems to be bootlegs.

Hhahaahahah! I looked at that! I wanted to go with either the Marvel or the Star Wars. I went with the Star Wars because because of the larger line. I saw Magneto and Spiderman, that was it. PLUS I wanted to see the quality of the figure before I spend 250 on Boba Fett. I might snag this anyway. The detail is pretty damn good.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My Yumi Ashigaru Stormtrooper came in...Articulation isn't great on the lower half. Bow will need to be glued in hand for any other pose. But it's a good piece.
ST.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I almost bought like 50 of those potion lights and put them all over the place in my game room.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ordered a Amazon 10" Fire tablet. Really wasn't a hard choice since Amazon does it with option to pay 5 payments of $30.
This mouse is on sale. 17 bucks. This will be the best 17 dollars you ever spend for gaming. Christ, I spent 17 bucks on donuts and coffee this morning!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E04JLFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also I bought a new toy.

View attachment 159467

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0CRVCP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That is the mouse I bought while waiting on Logitech to replace my G502 for over a month few months back. Still using it but it sure made my hand cramp the first few days and I had issues getting it to the speed and sensitivity I was happy with. Once I got all that worked out, I'm pretty happy. It definitely rivals the various $50+ mice.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Ordered a Amazon 10" Fire tablet. Really wasn't a hard choice since Amazon does it with option to pay 5 payments of $30.
I'll be buying one later this year because the 7" we have starts behaving like shit when the kids want to watch Wishenpoof on it during longer car trips. We also have a 8" for parent use and for the older kid to watch Paw Patrol on. 10" is the logical next step and maybe I can put it in the middle so they can both watch the same thing and listen via Y-cable. Please report back with the ups and downs.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
That is the mouse I bought while waiting on Logitech to replace my G502 for over a month few months back. Still using it but it sure made my hand cramp the first few days and I had issues getting it to the speed and sensitivity I was happy with. Once I got all that worked out, I'm pretty happy. It definitely rivals the various $50+ mice.

Just got mine in yesterday. I like the feel of it but I am having trouble with the sensitivity as well. It seems like I am overshooting where I want to click, and not very precise on the tiny movement to correct to the spot. Mind posting your settings? I keep messing with mine which is maybe why I am haven't really got comfortable with it yet.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just got mine in yesterday. I like the feel of it but I am having trouble with the sensitivity as well. It seems like I am overshooting where I want to click, and not very precise on the tiny movement to correct to the spot. Mind posting your settings? I keep messing with mine which is maybe why I am haven't really got comfortable with it yet.
I ended up on DPI report rate maxed out( full arrows lit ) 250hz polling rate, acceleration maxed and pointer speed a bit more than 3/4 across the slider.
It still wasn't as precise as my G502 is but after a few days I slowly adapted to it and after a few weeks I am close to being as accurate as before the mouse. I haven't switched back because I love the giant scroll wheel.

Most people go with a low DPI but it just wasn't where I wanted it, but using a lower DPI will alter all the other settings to meet the same results.
I used ARMA3 training editor to hone in into something acceptable.

• 1Like

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Purchased a John Boos 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board......I know... boring, but cool for me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have a cutting board that my cousin made in woodshop when he was in high school and gave to me as a Christmas gift. I thought it was odd at the time but the thing is 15 years old now, good as new, and I doubt I've ever been given a gift that I used as often as that cutting board.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
BOOS cutting board showed today, and holy crap this thing is huge. I should stop drinking and buying on Amazon or at least grab a tape measure to check specs. Either way, this thing will be AWESOME!

Anyone recommend a great knife set? I have a two set of Chicago Cutlery, but its the cheaper versions, paid $100 for each one.

• 1Worf

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I bought myself a bouncy castle. My neighbours are giving me dirty looks but I'm bouncing at mach 5

I mainly bought it so when my extended family comes over with kids they can be busy instead of bothering me.

Turns out that bouncy castles are still fun even though I'm nearly 30. Neighbours can fuck off to be honest

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
BOOS cutting board showed today, and holy crap this thing is huge. I should stop drinking and buying on Amazon or at least grab a tape measure to check specs. Either way, this thing will be AWESOME!

Anyone recommend a great knife set? I have a two set of Chicago Cutlery, but its the cheaper versions, paid $100 for each one.
French or gyuto?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For knives just make sure you go somewhere like Williams Sonoma and actually hold it on your hand. Maybe you won’t care or have nothing to compare it to but last thing you want to do is spend $150+ on a single knife and hate it if you ask me.

That being said we have a Wustof set but start with a Chefs Knife if you don’t want to commit to a whole set at once.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess in a similar topic, can anyone recommend a good sharpener? Preferably non-electric.

I have a Henckel set that I bought ~9 years ago and are definitely overdue for a sharpening.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I guess in a similar topic, can anyone recommend a good sharpener? Preferably non-electric.

I have a Henckel set that I bought ~9 years ago and are definitely overdue for a sharpening.

you'd pay a pretty penny for a good one, i'd recommend
Chef’sChoice 120 Diamond Hone Pro EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener for 20-degree Edges 100-percent Diamond Abrasives Stropping Precision Guides for Straight and Serrated Edges, 3-Stage

your henckel set is a "western knife" and it'll use a 25/20 degree angle, and this'll be fine. Many of the cheaper 30 to 50dollar sharpeners are bad, and i'll tell you why. first off is they have the ability to "take off too much material" cuz these are all basically miniature sanding belts, and the cheap ones don't have as good of pressure sensitive stuff.

Also the cheaper ones use metal or tungstun or carbide to "bite" into the blade... admittedly this will be better than a dull ass blade, but your blade won't last long.

this one will diamond abrasion for stage 1 and stage 2, and a nice pad to hone for stage 3

also if you periodically, use the hone or "the rod" in this way
s-0b58df79b6a9875e77336a850ecc92c9c8a387af.gif

like 5 strokes on each side, you'll keep the edge way longer, if you can do that every week or even better everytime you use the knife, it'll be great. "the rod" doesn't sharpen the knife it just puts it back into alignment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users