The "Shit I just bought" thread

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The local ECHL team did charity games for the local cancer center Friday and Saturday and I stuck around for the jersey auction on Saturday. Figured I could get a less popular player's jersey while giving some money to the cancer center that has done well by several family members. The most expensive one went for $2350, but that was a popular player who just played his second game after being diagnosed with testicular cancer in December.

I got the backup goalie who joined the team 2 weeks ago for the low price of $850. More than double the figure I had in mind, but fuck cancer, right?

front - Copy.jpg
back - Copy.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
The local ECHL team did charity games for the local cancer center Friday and Saturday and I stuck around for the jersey auction on Saturday. Figured I could get a less popular player's jersey while giving some money to the cancer center that has done well by several family members. The most expensive one went for $2350, but that was a popular player who just played his second game after being diagnosed with testicular cancer in December.

I got the backup goalie who joined the team 2 weeks ago for the low price of $850. More than double the figure I had in mind, but fuck cancer, right?

View attachment 197943View attachment 197944

Good on you for supporting, but is this the same place?: Glens Falls Hospital gave out $1.15M in bonuses, spent $609,000 on marketing, before massive shortfalls

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean, thats like all charities just a way to get administrative jobs and get rock stars to perform
Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving tiny percentage of funds to charity | Daily Mail Online

thats why they have orgs like this
Top Rated Charities | Charity Ratings | Charity Rankings | CharityWatch

however, you can also view it in a way that, all that marketing lead to roping in the good cancer docs.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
i mean, thats like all charities just a way to get administrative jobs and get rock stars to perform
Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving tiny percentage of funds to charity | Daily Mail Online

thats why they have orgs like this
Top Rated Charities | Charity Ratings | Charity Rankings | CharityWatch

however, you can also view it in a way that, all that marketing lead to roping in the good cancer docs.

IKR but I’d be pissed giving my 850 lawyer dollars to a cheating non profit that pays over half a million for a single doc. Yay I just paid for his maid for a week.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Yeah, same place. I actually read the article and it's definitely not a great look. GFH is far from perfect, but the cancer center has been great to the 3 family members I have currently getting treatment from them.

I don't want to derail things here, so if you want to get in to it further, tag me in a more appropriate thread.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, same place. I actually read the article and it's definitely not a great look. GFH is far from perfect, but the cancer center has been great to the 3 family members I have currently getting treatment from them.

I don't want to derail things here, so if you want to get in to it further, tag me in a more appropriate thread.
jesus christ 3? do you request prostate checks every month?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
jesus christ 3? do you request prostate checks every month?

Getting cancer is the family business. Currently mom with breast, an uncle with pancreatic and first cousin with 2 different brain cancers and he's only fucking 30. Grandmother, an aunt and 2 uncles on my father's side have already been killed by cancer.

Fuck cancer.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Getting cancer is the family business. Currently mom with breast, an uncle with pancreatic and first cousin with 2 different brain cancers and he's only fucking 30. Grandmother, an aunt and 2 uncles on my father's side have already been killed by cancer.

Fuck cancer.

The fuck do you guys eat? PGE water?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Fuck cancer.
fuck man, at this point just take a walking tour of Fukushima, you'll irradiate those cancer genes or become an xman

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, my dad's side of the family is pretty big. Grandma burned through 2 husbands to pop out 13 kids, so the numbers will be a bit inflated.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My advice for anyone wanting to donate stuff towards cancer while ensuring that it's going to have full effect is to get in touch with the local cancer centers that provide free services to fighters/survivors and their families, provided that the intent is not research oriented. There's always a never-ending list of shit that can be purchased or contributed that will be of some use, and without excessive bureaucracy involved. People don't know just how many small little things are involved with deal with the situation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My advice for anyone wanting to donate stuff towards cancer while ensuring that it's going to have full effect is to get in touch with the local cancer centers that provide free services to fighters/survivors and their families, provided that the intent is not research oriented. There's always a never-ending list of shit that can be purchased or contributed that will be of some use, and without excessive bureaucracy involved. People don't know just how many small little things are involved with deal with the situation.
yea if you want to donate shit, donate your game system and some time to set it up at the cancer ward.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Blizz gear store EU had some discounts so I got a red horde longsleeve and a gray diablo dark wanderer t-shirt.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

and

Finally retired the 360 controller since my birds decided the wires needed to be trimmed. The headset is pretty sweet, nice not having a cable connected to them. Very light and comfortable.

EDIT: I guess amazon links aren't working right meow.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't technically buy this, but since it goes with some stuff I posted here before I thought it would be the right place. :)

I'm a very lucky guy, my dad does woodworking as hobby since he retired, he's 80 now and still going strong. He has made ton of furniture for me over the years, including the displays for my statues.

I wanted a Plaque that said "Court of the Dead" to put on the wall above my display of my Court of the Dead statues.

This is the results and in my humble biased opinion(he's my dad after all) it looks simply amazing.

Thanks dad. :)

Plaque Court of the Dead 2.jpg
Plaque Court of the Dead.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users