The "Shit I just bought" thread

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
77d 12m
Reactions
82,404 4,761 0 0
Speaking of hats. Is there a good guide around to figure out the right hat type for you? I'm at that age where despite baseball caps being common in my province, I'm not fully comfortable wearing one. But, I need a hat for when I'm being lazy about shaving my head. I don't want to be one of those dudes that wears a goofy hat and doesn't realize it.
I would suggest a nice flatcap newsboy which looks good on anyone, man or woman. You might even pull off a fedora. Both can be expensive. But you could get a decent flatcap at Wal-Mart for 9 bucks

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
9,451 1,715 0 0
I would suggest a nice flatcap newsboy which looks good on anyone, man or woman. You might even pull off a fedora. Both can be expensive. But you could get a decent flatcap at Wal-Mart for 9 bucks
A flat cap was what I had in mind, but I've seen them pulled off poorly many times. And I don't have any samurai swords or weeb pillows to go with the fedora.

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
<Donors Crew>
80d 14h 36m
Reactions
113,041 7,178 0 0
A flat cap was what I had in mind, but I've seen them pulled off poorly many times. And I don't have any samurai swords or weeb pillows to go with the fedora.
I have a skullcap I wear when doing super dirty work I got from AEO 20 yrs ago. I wish they still made them. It's 100% cotton and looks a lot like this. Comfy, but makes you look like an Archies cartoon character or a crazy drug addict. Which isnt always a bad thing.

Last edited:

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
9,451 1,715 0 0
I have a skullcap I wear when doing super dirty work I got from AEO 20 yrs ago. I wish they still made them. It's 100% cotton and looks a lot like this. Comfy, but makes you look like an Archies cartoon character or a crazy drug addict. Which isnt always a bad thing.

The homeless/bottle pickers around here wear ones just like those, so that's going to be a no for me dog

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
<Donors Crew>
80d 14h 36m
Reactions
113,041 7,178 0 0
The homeless/bottle pickers around here wear ones just like those, so that's going to be a no for me dog
75% of my waking time I am grubby as fuck from working a dirty job. Looking like a Homeless person has its perks, panhandlers NEVER get in your grill and the Boy Scouts / Girls scouts hawking fund raiser shit outside of the grocery store fuck right off when I come out.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
77d 12m
Reactions
82,404 4,761 0 0
There are different types of flat caps, some wide, Some skinny, how you look in them depends on the shape of the face and head. Some are shitty because they are made with nylon that they picked up at the dollar store. Whatever you get, try to start with wool. Go to YouTube and search flat caps and there will be several tutorials on getting the right one for you. I've been wearing flat caps for 15 years and over that time I have accumulated literally dozens of them from various places in various shapes, made from various materials. Good luck

Fadaar

That guy
<Donors Crew>
16d 14h 21m
Reactions
1,979 129 0 0
I never liked that hat style, it was the most annoying part of BDU's. This type was the greatest

Boonie hat was the best fucking part about being deployed, wore from the day we left til the day we got back. Sucks it wasn't part of the allowable stuff stateside.

MC_PROD_16633.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Donors Crew>
10d 16h 27m
Reactions
3,312 258 0 0
Any hat that's not a baseball cap or a beanie makes you look exactly like this to me.

Noodleface

Delicious Noodles
16d 5h 52m
Reactions
8,007 1,303 0 0
These are all the types of hats where you where a phone clip on the outside with your shirt placed in a way so everyone can see your dad phonen

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
77d 12m
Reactions
82,404 4,761 0 0
This whole hat discussion, cringe...
spoken like a gentleman who doesnt like hats.
Any hat that's not a baseball cap or a beanie makes you look exactly like this to me.

dont be a tim pool.

because when you are a tim pool this is what everyone thinks you look like without it

Dom Dom
check this video out. dude goes through all the styles. some of them i dont even have.
i need to get a Big Apple

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
9,451 1,715 0 0
spoken like a gentleman who doesnt like hats.

dont be a tim pool.

because when you are a tim pool this is what everyone thinks you look like without it

Dom Dom
check this video out. dude goes through all the styles. some of them i dont even have.
i need to get a Big Apple
That dude really likes hats.

And yeah, the Tim Pool pic is exactly why I need to wear a hat when I'm not fully shaved. If anything, mine is worse.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
77d 12m
Reactions
82,404 4,761 0 0
That dude really likes hats.

And yeah, the Tim Pool pic is exactly why I need to wear a hat when I'm not fully shaved. If anything, mine is worse.
he's been working at that same hat shop for 25 years. he's like hat Rainman. his videos on fedoras are extensive. like after watching those videos i learned more about fedora hats than i ever needed to know. still havent found one i can wear without looking like i just left temple.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
52d 1h 41m
Reactions
29,304 5,834 0 0
It'd be amazing if Tim Pool interviewed libtards wearing the wool cap and then interviewed magas w/o the cap. Hes like two totally different ppl.

I mean of course he fucking wearas that wool cap like it fought off AIDS, it's so low on his head it's fucking touching his eyebrows.

Picasso3

Karazhan Raider
2d 5h 33m
Reactions
5,083 3,951 0 0
It'd be amazing if Tim Pool interviewed libtards wearing the wool cap and then interviewed magas w/o the cap. Hes like two totally different ppl.

I mean of course he fucking wearas that wool cap like it fought off AIDS, it's so low on his head it's fucking touching his eyebrows.

Fogel

<Donors Crew>
56d 1h 46m
Reactions
4,914 226 0 0
He needs a new shirt too. Fucking wears the same one in every video like that chick from seinfeld always wearing the same outfit on dates.

Void

We're America, bitch!
<Donor All-Stars>
21d 6h 32m
Reactions
2,198 285 0 0
One hat for all occasions right here fellas.

dsc_8641[1].jpg