The "Shit I just bought" thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
She's been helping which is actually nice. I mean not putting anything together but while I'm doing physical work she's gathering the nuts, bolts and wood needed for the next steps. Doesn't sound like much but with 2000 pieces it's a life saver

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
She's been helping which is actually nice. I mean not putting anything together but while I'm doing physical work she's gathering the nuts, bolts and wood needed for the next steps. Doesn't sound like much but with 2000 pieces it's a life saver
I think she’s fond of nuts, bolts and wood. And giving them to you.

Moar pics, it’s one impressive playhouse, envy of all the other kids, wish I had the space for something similar.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gonna finish this Saturday. Took today off work to try but the kids really killed a few hours of productivity.

I'll post pics then.

Only problems is my yard has a slight incline, like 2 degrees, so I had to dig out.a few spots for posts. It makes the swing set look not level to the naked eye, but it's fully level. I might eventually just dig out the turf there. We're going to be laying down mulch and squaring the area off anyways.

It's tall as fuck. I'd guess 12 feet at the roof.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I built a swingset for my nephew out of oilfield pipe. It was sitting on a hillside so I made the downhill legs longer to level it up. Doesn't sound that hard but between the triangles and the different lengths I fucking broke my brain trying to figure it out. Geometry class was a long time ago. It came out well but it took way longer than I thought it was going to.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I built a swingset for my nephew out of oilfield pipe. It was sitting on a hillside so I made the downhill legs longer to level it up. Doesn't sound that hard but between the triangles and the different lengths I fucking broke my brain trying to figure it out. Geometry class was a long time ago. It came out well but it took way longer than I thought it was going to.
We were able to bend the brace a bit (allowed through instructions) but also had to dig the posts in a bit. WHen you look at it from the front my fence line in the back is going at a different angle so it throws your perception off, but I spent forever meticulously levelling it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Doing a wood project at home and needed a cheap ass router with table bc I don’t have one. We’ll see how long it lasts. For $130 isn’t that big a deal.

Fucking Lowe’s said everything was available in store for pick up so I add all the lumber and fixings, do the order, get the confirm email and an hour later they email me saying it is all now changed to shipping and won’t ship until the 21st. Ruined whole damn weekend.

212AD3E5-CC61-4787-B0A5-679127D7B094.jpeg

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Doing a wood project at home and needed a cheap ass router with table bc I don’t have one. We’ll see how long it lasts. For $130 isn’t that big a deal.

Fucking Lowe’s said everything was available in store for pick up so I add all the lumber and fixings, do the order, get the confirm email and an hour later they email me saying it is all now changed to shipping and won’t ship until the 21st. Ruined whole damn weekend.

View attachment 270716
Just take it a tad slower with this type of stuff, the bits and motor they give you isnt the best obviously. Just go slow, avoid rough edges and shit.

Buying 1 solid bit will make a world of difference.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought an impact wrench but bought the wrong impact socket set. Felt like I wasted $250 when I needed it most. Oh well I'll finish it tomorrow I guess

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
ordered this last night:
Amazon product ASIN B07P8QTFRC
we've been taking this time to repaint my basement, and I opted to replace the basic short baseboards with the taller alternative. always wanted to have one of these to do the cuts myself instead of borrowing my dad's or some random from my wife's side

wow, I just saw this post and the price went up by $30 since my order. guess I did OK. never been disappointed with dewalt tools.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
ordered this last night:
Amazon product ASIN B07P8QTFRC
we've been taking this time to repaint my basement, and I opted to replace the basic short baseboards with the taller alternative. always wanted to have one of these to do the cuts myself instead of borrowing my dad's or some random from my wife's side

wow, I just saw this post and the price went up by $30 since my order. guess I did OK. never been disappointed with dewalt tools.

That’s my next purchase and why I bought the router so I could make another table for the saw.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Bought an impact wrench but bought the wrong impact socket set. Felt like I wasted $250 when I needed it most. Oh well I'll finish it tomorrow I guess

I knew a guy that was headed out to clear some trees on a remote patch of land. Something like 8 hour drive round trip. He took an electric chainsaw with him. He was always doing shit like this.

Take solace knowing that smart people sometimes do stupid things, but stupid people never do smart things, not even by accident.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I knew a guy that was headed out to clear some trees on a remote patch of land. Something like 8 hour drive round trip. He took an electric chainsaw with him. He was always doing shit like this.

Take solace knowing that smart people sometimes do stupid things, but stupid people never do smart things, not even by accident.
Generally it wouldn't matter, but I was mostly mad I bought the wrong socket set. Gonna just keep the wrench. Sure I'll use it some day

Izo

Tranny Chaser
20f78123cdabf381303f31938b92cd93.jpg

New project, Noodleface Noodleface ? :D Amazing playground, kids must be extatic, wife too. I’d show you my 50 dollar wooden play bench that the wife assembled bc I was too lazy, but, you know.