The "Shit I just bought" thread

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I would of definitely pay $200 to have it assembled. I'm at the age I just don't feel like being bothered and just pay someone else to do it. I assembled my kids out door playground set and trampoline by myself and I hated it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
What do you make an hour?

If you get to hour 20 of this build and still are not done and you make $50 or more an hour, you might be mad at someone. That someone is you.
Last I checked, most people only get paid when they are at work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Assembly was $1000. If it was $200 that's a no brainer. This thing is massive.

$1000 off Thumbtack? There are peeps on there that assembling playgrounds is their thing. Need a picture of the playground like Fucker said. It must be massive at $1000!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No kids yet, but 10 years or so ago I volunteered to put together a basketball goal, a fairly complicated one, and that's when I decided that I'd much rather pay people to do shit for me if I can. Was just an awful experience, and I imagine it's probably 1/10th as bad as doing a fucking playground set.

Just bought a Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse, thanks to a 20% off Amazon up to $50 (AMEX) discount. Been trying a few and have hated it, so decided to pony up. It is insanely light, feels almost cheap, but so far I think I really, really like it. It is not cheap though coming in at $150 retail.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jesus, this discussion is shameful. Noodle, you're doing the right thing. If you buy your kids a playset and then you have to pay another man to assemble it your kids will never respect you. Even as adults, they might not remember why, but deep down they will just know that their father is not a real man.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Jesus, this discussion is shameful. Noodle, you're doing the right thing. If you buy your kids a playset and then you have to pay another man to assemble it your kids will never respect you. Even as adults, they might not remember why, but deep down they will just know that their father is not a real man.
Haha thanks. Like I said if it was $200 that's a no brainer.

I'm salary but I guess that equates to something like 60ish an hour. I've never even heard of thumbtack

Here it is except ours also has a spinny tube slide on the right side

Screenshot_20200510-064029.png

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Don't get me started on that. I have a lot of old oak stuff, and it is a royal pain to move.

Have to love ancient furniture that was constructed with wooden pens instead of nails, so you can't even disassemble it without straight up wrecking it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That is cute.

Do you know your hourly worth?

I know mine.

Do you know the difference between "your father made this" and "your father payed for this"?

Ideally Noodle ends up with 1-2 minor scars on his hands from the work.

I'm a huge fan of paying for shit so I don't have to do it myself, this is not one of this instances.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I'm salary but I guess that equates to something like 60ish an hour. I've never even heard of thumbtack

View attachment 269073

You mean it doesn't have an integrated pool?

No really, ambitious, but am sure your kids will love it and you for it.

Once its done obviously, until that moment there will be a lot of nagging.

Thots and prayers.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 269073
Someone check this man into a mental institution, his kids killed him.

This is one of those "how bad could it be?" things. Oh, so it's that bad.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone check this man into a mental institution, his kids killed him.

This is one of those "how bad could it be?" things. Oh, so it's that bad.
My wife ordered it so technically she's killing me.

I did laugh when she said "we can put it together" with two kids and she weighs 100 pounds at 5'0"

• 2Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Do you know the difference between "your father made this" and "your father payed for this"?

Ideally Noodle ends up with 1-2 minor scars on his hands from the work.

I'm a huge fan of paying for shit so I don't have to do it myself, this is not one of this instances.
Do you know the difference between made and assembled?

I made this and enjoyed it.
1589127626010.png

I would have spent the $1k for someone else to assemble that Behemoth that Noodle bought.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My wife ordered it so technically she's killing me.

I did laugh when she said "we can put it together" with two kids and she weighs 100 pounds at 5'0"
My wifes the same. Says she will help me and never does. She orders shit online and it always has the most vague instructions to assemble it. I usually YT or google it for further instructions.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Fuck that man. I will pay and be a pussy. What Noodle linked is some Warhammer Waaaaargh shit! It's massive!

Here Noodleface Noodleface Call this mofo!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey it is an adult "Man" puzzle. Do the work, take pride in. Once it is done, go make your wife pay for making you work.